Astro Galaxy - a realistic space exploration game
  March 29, 2024, 02:40:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Newbie Protection Bug  (Read 2826 times)
Scion
Lance Corporal

View Profile WWW
« on: December 14, 2012, 12:00:20 PM »

There is a bug in Newbie Protection that could be badly abused.

Currently you cannot attack a newbie who has still not completed the SEA course.

However they can attack you.

I had a newbie do exactly this, he initiated an attack on my ship, I got the attack warning, I repowered my ship and  after refreshing the battle view to see the completed timer, hit the openfire button and nothing happened, no attack occured.

It didnt initially occur to me that they were under newbie protection until i tried to initiate another attack against the ship, thats when i got the notification that they were still under newbie protection.

I cannot say for sure if they would have been able to open fire... but im assuming so. It that is the case then someone could utilise this to attack a player without having to worry about getting QP Ganked. Or with out having to worry about retaliation against the attack ship.

Newbies should not be able to attack other players without their own newbie protection being lifted. ( Not sure how youll get this to work with the attacks in the tutorial )
Report to moderator   Logged
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2012, 01:02:36 PM »

While I agree this needs fixed. I really hope one tries to attack me and doesn't notice I have shifted my power a bit lol.
Report to moderator   Logged
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: