Astro Galaxy - a realistic space exploration game
  March 28, 2024, 04:11:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Out with a Bang!  (Read 10232 times)
Jaqvaar
Private

View Profile
« on: December 30, 2012, 04:01:47 PM »

I'm not going to repeat the discussions made about piracy, cheating and overall gaming (and real-life) attitudes.
As some of you already know, I already decided to leave this game a couple of weeks ago.

It is a shame, because there were a lot of good elements, and it started off as something promising in the summer. Three months and about as many updates later, it is already unplayable. Whoever made the mistake of investing time and money on this game (including myself) will steer clear of this and any other projects by its developer in the future. Those of us who had two or more braincells in our head have told Sir Emi about this, time and time again, offering constructive criticism and suggestions for real improvement. He decided to go the opposite direction and accomodate retards such as wolfdoc. Those who had fewer than 2 braincells in their heads (or, in wolfdoc's case, none at all), decided to make it their life's aim to click on banners, get money, buy guns, destroy everything on sight, then click on some more banners, so that they can destroy some more.

The result, as expected, is an empty universe where everybody is your enemy. I told you so.

And of course every time I make the mistake of even docking somewhere, some idiot (in this case ffffffffffffff, who only has one finger and one key on his keyboard) will come and attack you. Without even getting anything out of it. At least run-of-the-mill pirates such as Scion or JamJulison, despite our differences, do it for profit. Tummpi is even a sport about it. But this game attracts retards (yes, you) who attack you and blow up the base withou even bothering to loot it first.

These are the same people that push you in the bus simply to see you fall. Without thinking of consequences, let alone basic social rules. So yes, I'm allowed to swear at you. And, now that I've given away most of my stuff, I will go out with a BANG, proving what idiots you were to choose this path and why it is not a matter of principle, but common sense, to create a balanced game where people are allowed to build before you destroy everything. There is a reason why cannobalistic societies do not survive, why farming and griefing are ALWAYS banned in online games, why games with sensible rules survive and why this particular one has died before even 3 months passed.
Report to moderator   Logged
norill
Private First Class

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2012, 05:14:30 PM »

this post made me laugh, thanks
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2012, 05:52:14 PM »

I'm not going to repeat the discussions made about piracy, cheating and overall gaming (and real-life) attitudes.
As some of you already know, I already decided to leave this game a couple of weeks ago.

It is a shame, because there were a lot of good elements, and it started off as something promising in the summer. Three months and about as many updates later, it is already unplayable. Whoever made the mistake of investing time and money on this game (including myself) will steer clear of this and any other projects by its developer in the future. Those of us who had two or more braincells in our head have told Sir Emi about this, time and time again, offering constructive criticism and suggestions for real improvement. He decided to go the opposite direction and accomodate retards such as wolfdoc. Those who had fewer than 2 braincells in their heads (or, in wolfdoc's case, none at all), decided to make it their life's aim to click on banners, get money, buy guns, destroy everything on sight, then click on some more banners, so that they can destroy some more.

The result, as expected, is an empty universe where everybody is your enemy. I told you so.

And of course every time I make the mistake of even docking somewhere, some idiot (in this case ffffffffffffff, who only has one finger and one key on his keyboard) will come and attack you. Without even getting anything out of it. At least run-of-the-mill pirates such as Scion or JamJulison, despite our differences, do it for profit. Tummpi is even a sport about it. But this game attracts retards (yes, you) who attack you and blow up the base withou even bothering to loot it first.

These are the same people that push you in the bus simply to see you fall. Without thinking of consequences, let alone basic social rules. So yes, I'm allowed to swear at you. And, now that I've given away most of my stuff, I will go out with a BANG, proving what idiots you were to choose this path and why it is not a matter of principle, but common sense, to create a balanced game where people are allowed to build before you destroy everything. There is a reason why cannobalistic societies do not survive, why farming and griefing are ALWAYS banned in online games, why games with sensible rules survive and why this particular one has died before even 3 months passed.

About Wolfdoc.  He doesn't get QP or things from voting over and over again. He actually donates money to the game. Quite a bit of money actually.  He does it to try to help out Emi.

Run of the mill about me. lol. I admit I am not the greatest but I like to think I am among one of the better pirates in the game. I also don't just pirate anymore. I actually am mining, doing SOS missions and COM missions now. I mostly just pirate as a hobby anymore. Though I usually try to limit my attacks to one of profits. I do sometimes make exceptions for space stations with weapons on them though. Your right the game does sometimes attract idiots. All games do that though. You get idiots everywhere.

With all the faults this game has, I do still see it having some hope. Provided of course Emi implements some of our suggestions and does something about donators/massive voters from being able to rule the game.

BTW if you have any decent miners in your Corp, feel free to have them contact me if they wish. We could always use more miners. That is if you are actually leaving the game this time. You keep saying your leaving but then I keep seeing you active again in the game. lol
sargas
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2012, 12:04:33 AM »

I would say goodby and wish you if best of luck if I really believed you were quitting (how many times does this one make?)

But since you say you are quitting, I will remove all those empty and abandoned modules of yours.  They are an eyesore (all thatt graffitti and the stench...)

(And I only vote when I am playing the game, no matter what 'puter I use.  My votes are only 155 as of right now)
sargas
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2012, 03:00:47 AM »

and it's as I thought...

He was seen at MIRANDA and jumped before I could get there...

run, run, run you little weasel...

mwahahahahah...
Jaqvaar
Private

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2012, 03:17:03 AM »

The decision to leave was taken about 2 weeks ago. It took me a while to move everything back to Sol and donate it, especially because I wasn't playing as much. This decision did not change, and yes, in the meantime I did sometimes play, which I do not have to apologise to any pirate about.

The point I am making is not a moralistic one. It is a practical one. There is a reason why games (and online communities) do not allow certain behaviour and activity. I called someone here a "cocksucker" and didn't even get a slap on the wrist. And I'm one of the "good guys". The stuff Kerbos has been sending me would be enough to alert the FBI on other sites.

Freedom is good, but there also have to be some rules. Or else you end up with this. If it's what you like, fine. I don't, which is why I decided to leave, especially since there has not been any sign that Sir Emi plans to move the game in the right direction in the foreseeable future. I already alerted him to these issues and he decided to go the other way. His choice, but I also have the right to do something better with my life than bicker with wolfdoc about some imaginary online minerals.

If a game is not fun, people don't play it. Simple as that.

And for all the bragging, I'm the only one here who took down Sir Emi. Twice. 16
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2012, 09:40:59 AM »

The games def needs a report message button.  I tried reporting a guy for some bad language once. Emi just told me to just ignore the guy.  lol. So I get where you are coming from on the language thing.

I do still think the game is fun though. It just needs some improvements.  I am hoping with the coming new year things might approve.  Considering the game is still in it's early stages I want to give the game more of a chance.  Good luck to you though Jaq.
GoodPerson
Private First Class

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2012, 11:14:47 AM »

It's quite sad to see such good player as you to leave 10
I hope you have good luck in real life 1

35 + 3 + 42 = 100
Want a proof?
Try manufacture FTL Drive mk 1

Before knowing this, i always thought mass won't change no matter what you do......
Morgwen Dubhspiriag
Private First Class

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2013, 10:47:45 AM »

The games def needs a report message button.  I tried reporting a guy for some bad language once. Emi just told me to just ignore the guy.  lol. So I get where you are coming from on the language thing.

I do still think the game is fun though. It just needs some improvements.  I am hoping with the coming new year things might approve.  Considering the game is still in it's early stages I want to give the game more of a chance.  Good luck to you though Jaq.

Just my thoughts.... (nothing personal at anyone).
If the rule exists and is being ignored, remove the rule.
Having a rule that does nothing serves no purpose.  If
we respect the rules in place, and.... of more importance,
enforce them, there is a lower chance of them being broke.

Again, just my thoughts.

Respects to All
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2013, 10:28:23 AM »

The rule is that they can not use bad language in public chat or public places like the forum.

For private messages, there is a "Add to ignore list" button when you read a message in game. If you don't want to receive anymore messages from someone, just click that. The bad words filter tries to help there too, just use the ignore function if it gets too nasty for now.

Will work on improving the ignore list features though, maybe a button to manage it or report messages like unsolicited advertising and really bad ones.

JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2013, 10:57:41 AM »

Maybe also add in a way to remove people you put on your ignore list. I remember when WolfDoc accidentally added me to that. You had to go in and fix it. So an option to remove people from our ignore list would be good for situations like that.
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2013, 12:04:31 AM »

This is funny. Jaq has claimed to quit. Yet he just changed his name to Mirage. Now why would someone change their name if they are quitting? It also indicates he is donating to keep VIP going so he can do name changes.
norill
Private First Class

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2013, 02:58:01 PM »

its called addiction
Scion
Lance Corporal

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2013, 11:08:51 AM »

And for all the bragging, I'm the only one here who took down Sir Emi. Twice. 16
You might be right, Im pretty sure ive bagged him 3 or 4 times certainly not just twice ;) .... you know, while were all bragging.

FWIW Jaqvaars VIP may have been purcahsed for longer than the 1 month period ... and  im sure he is smart enough to know that simply changing your name doesnt really hide who you are/were
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2013, 11:10:29 AM »

If I was so dead set on quitting, VIP or not I would just set my account to be deleted and never log on again. I wouldn't even bother with name changes.
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: