Astro Galaxy - a realistic space exploration game
  April 20, 2024, 12:44:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Small voting update regarding QP  (Read 7753 times)
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« on: January 02, 2013, 05:48:57 PM »

It's a small but important update, one can only earn up to 150 QP from voting. Once this limit / month is reached, you can still vote but the bonus will be solars.

Prizes and tickets are not affected.

Multiple accounts for earning more QP by voting are not permitted and will be closely monitored.
Report to moderator   Logged

JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2013, 08:18:30 PM »

This does nothing to solve the problem with voting though.

1. You rarely get QP some voting anymore so getting 150 QP max is irrelevant.
2. The amount of money you get for voting can quickly add up. Chances are by the time someone has reached the 150 QP they are going to have made a crap just off of Solars.
3. The lotto itself is still unfair. Those who can find ways to change their IPs, use certain proxies or other IP hiding methods can easily get around the IP limit. Thus if they are patient enough, got enough drive, and or has some OCD issues are still going to end up with a lot of tickets making it much more likely they are to win the lotto then someone who doesn't know how to do any of these things.

I understand the extra voting can help to bring in more players. However in order for a fair lotto, there needs to be a set limit on voting. Meaning 1 vote per voting site per day. I know you could write up some sort of script or something that could block out a voting link after the reward has been given and have a set time limit before it is unblocked.  Something like this would prove the best option for this issue.
Teteeeeu
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2013, 10:04:20 PM »

This does nothing to solve the problem with voting though.

1. You rarely get QP some voting anymore so getting 150 QP max is irrelevant.
2. The amount of money you get for voting can quickly add up. Chances are by the time someone has reached the 150 QP they are going to have made a crap just off of Solars.
3. The lotto itself is still unfair. Those who can find ways to change their IPs, use certain proxies or other IP hiding methods can easily get around the IP limit. Thus if they are patient enough, got enough drive, and or has some OCD issues are still going to end up with a lot of tickets making it much more likely they are to win the lotto then someone who doesn't know how to do any of these things.

I understand the extra voting can help to bring in more players. However in order for a fair lotto, there needs to be a set limit on voting. Meaning 1 vote per voting site per day. I know you could write up some sort of script or something that could block out a voting link after the reward has been given and have a set time limit before it is unblocked.  Something like this would prove the best option for this issue.

I agree with what was said.
Morgwen Dubhspiriag
Private First Class

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2013, 01:53:41 PM »

Simple.

Instead of basing it on IP address -- the person still has to have the vote
counted towards his account, code the script to limit the # of votes the ac-
count can received per day. 

This would make it fair all around and limit the QPs at the same time.   12

Respects...
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2013, 02:29:46 PM »

Simple.

Respects...

WolfDoc has already suggested this to him as have I. I am sure there are others who have as well.  Fact is he doesn't seem to want to do this. He actually encourages people to vote multiple times.
Teteeeeu
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2013, 04:10:06 AM »

Simple.

Respects...

WolfDoc has already suggested this to him as have I. I am sure there are others who have as well.  Fact is he doesn't seem to want to do this. He actually encourages people to vote multiple times.

Profit comes from engouraging people to do that...
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2013, 11:26:22 AM »

Simple.

Respects...

Profit comes from engouraging people to do that...

It is more like the more votes the game gets, the more likely people will be to find the game and try it out. 
Dadds
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2013, 10:05:12 AM »

i personally dont vote on websites. its not because i dont like the game, or that i dont want to promote the game. My main reason for not voting is i am not big on spamming sites with click-ins and click-outs, and all the inherent security issues and lagging of browsers that go with that. Of course Sir Emi wants to encourage the attention to this game, and domain. There could even be some sort of $.c per click payoff agreement for advertisement and browser identification etc. the idea that you limit an account to 1 click, per site, per day will result in this: 750 accounts for eg that are voting, and they all vote for all  (is it six?) sites against their account per day for a month. that would mean that all 750 voters would have exactly voted using his/her account for a 30 day month exactly 180 times each. So, that would make everyone exactly equal in their voting status. So who wins? it does then become a random number generator to say your number has come up, and not based on the number of tickets you hold in a month.

Maybe i am missing the point of voting, as i say, i dont do it except in extreme emergency to earn a few sol to get out of a pickle. Thankfully i havent been in a jam for a long time. (no pun or ref intended to the infamous jamjul there lol)
Of course it is to Sir Emi's best advantage to have as many clicks on those websites as possible. Why would he want to limit it?

I think in game rewards should be introduced to reward time spent online and playing the game or bringing/introducing new players to the game to be honest, more so than how many offsite clicks you put into the system. Clicking offsite actually introduces the clicker to all those other online games out there, and maybe may actually lose players from here to go play/try other games.

Just another opinion brought to you by Dadds. Comments are of a personal nature only and in no way reflect the opinion of any organisation or corporation.

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2013, 01:09:19 PM »

That was well stated Dadds.
You explained your view very well.
I agree with a lot of your points.

I only vote on site. 
I have neither the time nor the inclination to search out different ISP's.
I had around 760 votes last time and I understand the winner only had 737.
So, it's lust a raffle (or a lottery as you will).
Someone wins, lots of others lose.
I only takes 1 ticket to win (no matter how many you buy).

It would be interesting to see how many tickets the previous winners held.
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: