Astro Galaxy - a realistic space exploration game
  April 24, 2024, 02:30:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Galactic law (draft)  (Read 5402 times)
norill
Private First Class

View Profile
« on: January 09, 2013, 10:42:08 AM »

« Last Edit: November 25, 2018, 01:01:07 PM by norill » Report to moderator   Logged
Dadds
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2013, 12:50:50 PM »

Hahaha Norill. goodness you will take this game into the next level with all those rules and regs. soon we wont even need to sit here and play. our computers will do it much quicker and faster than us and calculate what we can and cant do.

Here is my version of combat...you hit me unprovoked, i gather my team and smash you all over the playground until you yield. light, med, heavy. whatever.
What you are suggesting is akin to playing a regulated sports game, like badmitton. "ooops wait, my (shuttle)thingy seems to be stuck in my net. i think that gives u 1 free wack at it"
My R.O.E is much more simple. (rules of engagement for those who ask) Mess with us, suffer the consequences. If you want to set up a sporting arena here then go for it. I will get back to the real universe of hard work, hard labour and fighting to survive.

The game of tit-for-tat everyone is equal and finishes equal is for kindergaarten. i vote for sticking our corp in the wanted section straight up because that is how we have all been treated by other corps since starting. It is why you are even seeing the tag [IMG] We have our own code of conduct within our corp and it is not to do math on what we can or cant do in response to an attack. that is a computer attribute. last time i checked i still have a heart beat.
I dont expect a positive rating for my post. i just post it as i see it

Dadds, Leader [IMG]
Report to moderator   Logged

Lance Corporal

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2013, 01:06:17 PM »

Just to point out that the determination of wether a loss is small, medium, or large really is in the eye of the beholder.  For a newbie lossing the resources from a mine thats not been cleared for 2 days could represent a significant loss.

Personally id like to see some sort of legal rating system incorporated into the actual game as described in some of the suggestion threads.

heck id even support adding both automatic and player specified bounties.

FWIW Its irrelevant wether OX would ever signoff or agree to something like this since we would continue to play bassed on our own moral code anyway.

norill
Private First Class

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2013, 01:23:31 PM »

Just to point out that the determination of wether a loss is small, medium, or large really is in the eye of the beholder.  For a newbie lossing the resources from a mine thats not been cleared for 2 days could represent a significant loss.
thats a good point, i was thinking about that, but havent found a simple solution. another thing is that there are no newbies in top corps at the moment.
FWIW Its irrelevant wether OX would ever signoff or agree to something like this since we would continue to play bassed on our own moral code anyway.
you should either not sign this agreement or discuss it to make it compatible with your moral code. if your code is not on paper, then its not worth a lot, because you can bend it to your will any time you want.
Personally id like to see some sort of legal rating system incorporated into the actual game as described in some of the suggestion threads.

heck id even support adding both automatic and player specified bounties.
i also like this idea, but i think player-made laws are cooler than those enforced by system
« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 01:26:27 PM by norill » Report to moderator   Logged
sargas
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2013, 04:03:01 PM »

I think this is the first time that I am in agreement with Dadds...
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: