Astro Galaxy - a realistic space exploration game
  April 24, 2024, 02:26:15 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: NEW STRATAGIES & WEAPON UPGRADES NEEDED  (Read 6218 times)
Hanuman
Unidentified Commander

View Profile
« on: January 30, 2013, 03:06:16 AM »

Hi Sir EMI,

First of all its really been a pleasure playing this game. I have played many games over the years. Some are very fast and some are very slow. For the first time I have seen a perfect moderation in the game. A lot of people have complained in the forums about the games slowness. But let me tell you; as the game progresses and you become technosavy, all timelines collapse. In the initial stages it took me 8 hours plus to travel a distance of 16 LY's, (thats in 3 digit mins) now it can happen in 2 digit mins and will be much faster as we progress. Collection from COM missions and SOS missions can peak at 50 M + Solars in a week (may be much more higher. As of today the outcome of any duel or attack can be easily calculated and if +ve we go ahead and if negative we jump without taking a risk. So end of day its like a simple maths problem of addition and subtraction. NOTHING MORE COMPLEX.

Now this must change in order to create a balance which I have not seen in many games. The header of this game --- ASTRO GALAXY - A REALISTIC SPACE EXPLORATION GAME ----- Should be true. SPACE is harsh and there should be many permutations and combinations. A duel cannot be won just on superior weapons or shield power, there should be other elements involved ----- otherwise there would be NO HERO'S.

It took me a bit longer to come of these ideas, as I was exploring everything in this game. Some suggestions are as follows --------

1. The NEWBIE PROTECTION should be a 100K points or Power and should be extended across the entire charted territory and not just the SOL for 7days (this gives him/her time to understand the game, anybody venturing outside the charted territory will be doing it @ his/her own risk.

2. We should have Spies in the game, this can lead to even weaker players destroying bigger players ships/stations/mines etc. There should be also be specialized forces to neutralized these spies. Spies should be able to communicate over vast distances depending upon their levels.(lots can be added)

3. Weapons should at least be of 10 different types. This would bring in the permutations and combinations in the picture and would make a duel more interesting and outcome would be much more difficult to calculate. Can add in weapons like plasma beams, missiles, sonic beams, etc. etc.

4. A new power system can come into the picture like nuclear generators, nakvada generators or ZPM's, which will be powering the shields/weapons etc. If your spy disables the power source, your enemy shields/weapons etc become ineffective and even a grossly underpowered ship can make a kill. strategies would come in for secondary power backups and other things.

5. Ship tracking should be made possible within a 12 or 16 LY radius, radars should be introduced both at solar and interstellar levels.

6. As of today a Corps Leader or its members cannot track Corp ships, these ships should be highlighted in colour codes like green corp ships or red enemy ships etc. No member can attack his co-members within the Corp and they should be able to combine their fleets or armadas for a joint attack. Trade within the Corp should be at the discretion of the leader or individual members.

7. Attacks on Corp members should be highlighted on a dashborad for that corp, so that any member within close proximity can go help him/her.

May be once this is out, other people may put in their thoughts and make this game a very interesting one.

I Hope all people make their thought contributions on this.

Thanks
HANUMAN
Report to moderator   Logged
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2013, 08:30:11 PM »

1. The NEWBIE PROTECTION should be a 100K points or Power and should be extended across the entire charted territory and not just the SOL for 7days (this gives him/her time to understand the game, anybody venturing outside the charted territory will be doing it @ his/her own risk.

First off those in newbie protection are safe in all areas as far as I know. Not just SOL. As for 100k points or power. I disagree. The academy right now is great and teaches people a lot. If they look on the forums for information and pay attention to the academy, they should be fine for the most part. Power is so easy to fluctuate it isn't funny. hell look at how many people are below 100k power right now and have been playing longer then I have. Not to mention it is really easy to increase and decrease the power of a ship. For a lower amount of points only power up modules as needed. Power them down when not using them. Newbie protection is fine how it is.  If someone can't finish the tutorial within that 7 days as is, chances are they won't do well in the game regardless. It only took me 3 days to finish it. I had no help at all during that time.  Others I have talked to have told me it only took them 3-4 days as well.  If  player plays smart, they can survive after coming out of newbie protection.

2. We should have Spies in the game, this can lead to even weaker players destroying bigger players ships/stations/mines etc. There should be also be specialized forces to neutralized these spies. Spies should be able to communicate over vast distances depending upon their levels.(lots can be added)

I kind of like this idea but how about we do something a bit different. How about we can send probes out into the galaxy and they can scan nearby star systems as they pass by them. Depending on the tech level of the probe, they can pick up things from planet sizes all the way to whats on a planet or in orbit of planets.

3. Weapons should at least be of 10 different types. This would bring in the permutations and combinations in the picture and would make a duel more interesting and outcome would be much more difficult to calculate. Can add in weapons like plasma beams, missiles, sonic beams, etc. etc.

I do like this idea. More variety is always good and I like the idea of being able to strategize more for battles.

4. A new power system can come into the picture like nuclear generators, nakvada generators or ZPM's, which will be powering the shields/weapons etc. If your spy disables the power source, your enemy shields/weapons etc become ineffective and even a grossly underpowered ship can make a kill. strategies would come in for secondary power backups and other things.

An interesting idea. But I think for now, put this idea on hold. There are a lot more improvements that really need to be made first before something like this.

5. Ship tracking should be made possible within a 12 or 16 LY radius, radars should be introduced both at solar and interstellar levels.

I agree. Though I would be happy if a wormhole detector could actually show which ships and who they belong to are going through wormholes.

6. As of today a Corps Leader or its members cannot track Corp ships, these ships should be highlighted in colour codes like green corp ships or red enemy ships etc. No member can attack his co-members within the Corp and they should be able to combine their fleets or armadas for a joint attack. Trade within the Corp should be at the discretion of the leader or individual members.

Tracking I agree if they have the privilege set to be able to see the corp's ships. However not being able to attack allied ships I disagree with. There is currently no way to trade with other players other then allowing others to attack space stations to collect the loot, then have the other person set up a station and then you attack that one for the loot. What you are proposing would eliminate trading all together.

7. Attacks on Corp members should be highlighted on a dashborad for that corp, so that any member within close proximity can go help him/her.

Good idea but it won't do any good. You can't do Corp team up attacks right now.
Dadds
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2013, 07:35:11 AM »

I do like this idea. i get startled everytime i see a colleague jump into a refuelling depot. I have to agree with jam-jul though in that there is no way to "trade" as yet. This implementation should come in at same time as a corp ship upgrade, so that there is a means of gathering and sharing the wealth. A corporation should be more than just a group of individuals who nestle under a banner as fish school in the seas. We need a way to be able to help our corps members, particularly the less developed of them. i dont condone boosting up newer players though with high tech equip. that player loses the fun of developing themselves new science and achievements. A combined combat system to add power to a weaker corp member when he being overrun by superior forces would be great but bring in tech level limitations, say cannot operate equipment more than 3-4 marks above your current level. Keep the power out of the hands of those who dont fully understand the development and strength it gives them.

Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2013, 08:56:17 AM »

Good idea but it won't do any good. You can't do Corp team up attacks right now.
Not quite the point Hanuman was making i think.

Sure you cant combine attacks right now. But as i just proved with my team, if they are aware of an attack and are within strike range, they can jump in and remove the threat of attack by getting a quicker combat calculation than the one against your colleague. It was lucky that i was online and alerted my team who had a vessel in the area to assist in an assault of my station that my station survived, and we repelled borders.
If i was offline during the full combat count would have been different story. If my team had as Hanuman suggests, an indicator on who was being attacked in your corporation, a colleague can help defend your location should you be afk or logged for the night. Or he could choose to ignore it lol Good Idea Hanuman. Enable all things that benefit a corps teaming skills

First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2013, 09:28:30 AM »

Sure you cant combine attacks right now. But as i just proved with my team, if they are aware of an attack and are within strike range, they can jump in and remove the threat of attack by getting a quicker combat calculation than the one against your colleague. It was lucky that i was online and alerted my team who had a vessel in the area to assist in an assault of my station that my station survived, and we repelled borders.
If i was offline during the full combat count would have been different story. If my team had as Hanuman suggests, an indicator on who was being attacked in your corporation, a colleague can help defend your location should you be afk or logged for the night. Or he could choose to ignore it lol Good Idea Hanuman. Enable all things that benefit a corps teaming skills

That only works if you have the QP to speed up the attack.  Non-donators and people who don't have friends who can buy them QP are still crap out of luck.   A a smart player will be online when doing the attack. The moment they notice another attack timer showing up they would get the hell out of there.  This feature would be best added in once it becomes possible for Corp members to combine their fleets for attacks.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 09:30:21 AM by JamJulLison » Report to moderator   Logged
sargas
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2013, 11:39:52 AM »

I like the idea of different weapon systems (Particle Beam, Plasma,etc...missiles to be used for incoming Nuke defense)...
norill
Private First Class

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2013, 11:53:52 AM »

i also like the idea of different weapons, but i dont think sonic weapons would be useful in space laugh
sargas
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2013, 03:37:20 PM »

At least you won't hear them scream... laugh
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: