Astro Galaxy - a realistic space exploration game
  April 18, 2024, 10:15:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: [IMG] Independant Miners Guild News 1/31/13  (Read 3222 times)
Aysle
Corporal

View Profile
« on: January 31, 2013, 05:45:28 AM »

This just in.

In an unprovoked attack EIMC member Mirage raided an IMG station in our protected space.

Zeta TSN 51300
Attacker opened fire!

Phantom Vs. Deep Space Fuel #2
Weapons assault
Phantom maneuvers into fire range and attacks first.
Phantom attacks with Railgun Battery MK V using standard mode.
Light hit on target, doing 14592 damage!
Deep Space Fuel #2 surrendered and is looted!
Target cargo bay was empty.

Luckily the station was currently empty. However the attacker returned later to destroy the station.

After quick coordination our defense forces jumped into the system and handled the intruder.

Zeta TSN 51300
Attacker opened fire!

Isle Vs. Phantom
Weapons assault
The attack missed the target completely!
Isle attacks with Railgun Battery MK VIII using standard mode.
Critical hit on target, doing 66000 damage!

Isle maneuvers into fire range and attacks first.
Isle attacks with Railgun Battery MK VIII using standard mode.
Minor hit on target, doing 14256 damage!

Isle attacks with Railgun Battery MK V using standard mode.
Hit on target, doing 20352 damage!

Critical hit on target, doing 41856 damage!
Isle attacks with Railgun Battery MK II using standard mode.
Minor hit on target, doing 6240 damage!

Isle attacks with Laser Cannon MK VI using pulse mode.
Minor hit on target, doing 5962 damage!
Target shield is down!
Phantom attacks with Railgun Battery MK III using standard mode.

Isle attacks with Laser Cannon MK VI using standard mode.
Direct hit on target, doing 13608 damage!
Phantom attacks with Laser Cannon MK V using standard mode.
Hit on target, doing 11136 damage!

Hit on target, doing 10752 damage!
Isle attacks with Laser Cannon MK VI using standard mode.
Hit on target, doing 11880 damage!

Isle attacks with Laser Cannon MK VI using pulse mode.
Excellent hit on target, doing 25920 damage!

Hit on target, doing 11136 damage!
Isle attacks with Railgun Battery MK I using standard mode.
Excellent hit on target, doing 18624 damage!
Target armor penetrated!
EMERGENCY JUMP!
Phantom has retreated from the battlefield due to heavy damage!

In the after action report it was noted that the aggressor seems to have poorly aligned weapons. IMG forces had to power down the majority of weapons and shields as the attacker was ill-equipped to handle our defense forces.

An alert has been sent to all IMG members to be on the lookout for pirates masquerading as miners. It seems with the poor economy other supposed miners have resorted to piracy in an attempt to power their ships.

All IMG forces will continue to be on the lookout for the dredge of the universe. All pirates will be quickly dispatched in a manner fit for their standing.
Report to moderator   Logged
Dadds
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2013, 07:12:57 AM »

At this time, The commander-in-chief of [IMG] will make this official statement regarding the latest incident:

"It seems this latest incident from a previously non-hostile corporation towards our members shows that some errant pilots find it much more profitable to pirate than it is to earn an honest income. What has driven said pilots to this sad end and course of action i cannot answer or comprehend. Perhaps pilots are finding it tough out there financially, which leads them to a life of easy profits as a criminal. All i do know is attacks against our corporation is in no way a profitable or enjoyable career, and as this latest pilot retires to rebuild and count the costs of his latest folly, we stand true to our promise, ALL ATTACKS AGAINST OUR CORP will be dealt with in swift and decisive counter-measures. I hope for corp [EIMC] this sole attack from one of their pilots was an attack of desperation and was not something sanctioned by a change in direction within corp ranks. I welcome the leaders of [EIMC] to discuss this latest unprovoked attack on our colonies. We still stand by our belief, we will remain neutral to all pilots and corps and will never attack their positions for personal gain or mischief, unless we are engaged by them. Those who openly identify as pirate corps, of course, do not fall under our banner of non-aggression"

Admiral Dadds, 1 question please? you refer to your continuing stance against piracy and have opened up hostilities against the more active of those corporations. Can I ask you what have you done or are doing to help ease the suffering of honest and poor miners that still suffer at the hands of these pirates? Do you think this latest attack was pirate related?

"Firstly, that is two questions haha but i guess they are closely related to the actions and events of today. I dont normally do public interviews because no matter what i answer, those statements can always be misinterpreted and used as political fuel to further suffering. I can tell you though that operations are ongoing against the ever persistent threat of pirate menace. As you can understand, due to military operations, we cannot comment on our fleet manoeuvres, strengths or plans we have in regard to countering the piracy threat. Be assured though that operations are ongoing and are on target to best strike at the heart of this criminal activity. Do i think this was an act of piracy? Personally i doubt it because the attack was too random and unorganised to be the work of corps like [PMI], who are the only corps we are officially at war with. On a side note, what i personally find disturbing is a press release i read just the other day, that [PMI] has agreed to a NAP with [NHC]. When i personally suggested a similar arrangement with [PMI] boss, Wolfdoc, his official stance was"We ,[PMI], dont do that". How times and stances change! haha. One thing is for certain. Our stance hasnt and wont change. Miners who are persecuted by this gang or others can personally contact myself or Capt Aysle at our war office. All information is strictly confidential and pilot ID kept within ranks. We will move on these acts of piracy when and wherever they are reported. In mentioning ranks, naturally all recruiting into our ranks is closed for the foreseeable future, do to the ongoing military operations. We hope to be able to embrace new members again one day, when this current threat is removed. That is all"

Dadds.
[IMG] Commander
Report to moderator   Logged

Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: