Astro Galaxy - a realistic space exploration game
  April 25, 2024, 11:20:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Attack Email Notification  (Read 11561 times)
Aysle
Corporal

View Profile
« on: February 05, 2013, 04:21:10 AM »

I recently was attacked and received no notification email. Im VIP and have the notification of new attack box checked. I have check my spam folder and searched my email and didn't receive any notification 10

The attack details are below if that helps you track it down.

Jam-Jul Lison   Aysle   ZFA 3368->Alpha ZFA 3368   867,200   24,000   0.00% / 300.00%   04-Feb-2013 17:03
Report to moderator   Logged
sargas
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2013, 08:22:29 PM »

So, you were attacked.

Attacked by a Captain who is fighting in a war.

A war that your corp declared and a war in which you have participated.

But, nobody told you.

For that, you have my apology.

I will do my very best to inform you of any attack that I am aware of that targets you or yours.

-QUESTION--

Is this going to be the only notification of the attack by corp [IMG]?

(...edit - to ask the question...)
« Last Edit: February 05, 2013, 08:30:40 PM by sargas » Report to moderator   Logged
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2013, 10:38:56 PM »

What she is referring to is a VIP feature you can turn on to have emails sent to you when someone is attacking you. Say you got yahoo mail or instance. When you are signed into yahoo and an email comes in you get a notification of it.  Some people have emails linked to cell phones and such as well. It can really come in handy when someone is attacking you.
sargas
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2013, 10:55:47 PM »

oh, i see...

that's different...

never mind...
Aysle
Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2013, 05:12:26 AM »

So, you were attacked.
Attacked by a Captain who is fighting in a war.
A war that your corp declared and a war in which you have participated.
But, nobody told you.
For that, you have my apology.
I will do my very best to inform you of any attack that I am aware of that targets you or yours.

I have to say, when I first read this I laughed...I thought you were just being sarcastic...

Then I started to wonder...if you possibly can't read...I already know you can't type since you offered up your supposed location to come visit you at the start of the war...but you weren't there. Perhaps you transposed the quadrant coordinates... Or maybe you thought you were big and bad...come visit me but Im hiding under a rock so you can't find me. (I turned over all of the rocks).

Then Jam posted...

What she is referring to is a VIP feature you can turn on to have emails sent to you when someone is attacking you. Say you got yahoo mail or instance. When you are signed into yahoo and an email comes in you get a notification of it.  Some people have emails linked to cell phones and such as well. It can really come in handy when someone is attacking you.

So I'm just going to go with that you can't read properly from an enemy... you have some kind of tunnel vision, just want to see the worst. Don't know where you got me complaining about being attacked from...war is war. I hope you don't complain when I catch you with your pants down and chop your cannon's off.

oh, i see...

that's different...

never mind...

I do have to say that must of been hard to admit your mistake there... but, well Im still gonna get you  12 
----------------------------------

So back on topic, the attack notification I have now realized hasn't worked 3+ times for me... As this is a key feature of being VIP that I pay for I would expect it to work... Sir Emi if you could please check it out.

Thanks
Dadds
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2013, 06:13:04 AM »

checking the thread...checking the topic folder location...yep, this is the right place to report a bug....Did someone get lost and thought they were in Feedback Terminal> Whiners corner? LOL so funny. i had to check twice myself when i started reading this thread.

@Aysle, i dont have that particular feature enabled, since my real life doesnt allow me to drop everything in response to an email about my game unfortunately. And I thought it would be too much of a distraction to my duties. I will enable it though and test if it works for me. Lets get together over dinner and drinks tonight ;) 12

Dadds

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2013, 11:40:25 PM »

yeah,ya caught the old man in a 'senior moment'...

it was sarcastic and completely out of the realm of the forum topic...

I also, have not used that portion of VIP status, so i have nothing to say...
Dadds
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2013, 10:38:23 AM »

OK enough fun making at someone's expense. Good to see at least you have the humility present there Sargas.  There is Hope for individuals yet in your organisation. i give you a thumbs up (+) Sorry for the sarcasm, well, not really, but that is just my quirky nature. Eventually you guys will get to understand it. I laugh at everything, and i include myself in that. If you cant laugh at yourself, you are not allowed to laugh at others ;)

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2013, 12:39:35 PM »

I agree with what you are saying, Captain Dadds.
Aysle
Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2013, 04:58:49 AM »

Any update on this Sir Emi? While doing some weapons testing with Dadds, we both attacked each other more then 10+ times and not a single time was a notification email sent. Since this is a paid feature I would hope it would be fixed soon.
sargas
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2013, 07:08:32 PM »

also (in a seperate topic), what 'ADDS' are supposed to be removed?

we are waiting for an answer to both these topics...
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2013, 01:56:16 AM »

also (in a seperate topic), what 'ADDS' are supposed to be removed?

we are waiting for an answer to both these topics...

I am not even sure what in game ads there are. I have adblock plus so if there are any, I don't need VIP to not be able to see them.  Adblock plus does it for me lol
Aysle
Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2013, 05:05:42 AM »

Im guessing its "future" adds that would be in-game... I never saw any before I was VIP. Based on the user #s here I doubt there would be much value for an advertiser so far... I asked a member of our corp that didn't have VIP and he said he didn't see any ads ever either... So I guess its a future feature.... hopefully we get corp ships before ads.
Aysle
Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2013, 03:47:36 AM »

Well I just checked this again hoping it would of been fixed in the latest update. But still no alert email sent that an attack has started. Sir Emi any chance you can take a look at this. It would really be nice to have this VIP feature work..
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2013, 08:00:57 AM »

Yeah checking it out, thank you.

Pages: [1] 2
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: