Astro Galaxy - a realistic space exploration game
  March 28, 2024, 02:59:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Training Tutorial  (Read 4268 times)
Arctic
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« on: March 15, 2013, 07:01:57 PM »

Unless I missed a way to do this myself, I think that the training missions should be a constant on the screen. Perhaps keep it on the right, so you don't have to click back and forth from the training, to the task, and back again. Give a button to show or hide the info window if need be. Will just make things much more streamlined to learn the mechanics of the game without constantly having to click between windows. Especially since each task has multiple steps to it.

Arctic
Report to moderator   Logged
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2013, 09:08:53 PM »

Welcome to the game.  You could try opening the tutorial in a separate tab. That way you can just click back and forth as needed.
Arctic
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2013, 01:39:02 PM »

Tabs work...sure. But, I just find it annoying to have multiple tabs across the top of my screen to play one game. Having a separate window for training is just one example. Another would be, if I dock at a station, shipyard, etc, to have a secondary panel open up with the options that can be done at that location instead of having to dock, sell/buy goods, then perhaps check your manufacturing to see what materials you need to buy to produce something, then having to orbit, and dock again at the same location to buy materials when technically you should already be docked. Yes, I know you can check first, and write down what you need to buy, or open it in another tab, but having a location/training window and an actions window being open at the same time will reduce redundancy clicking or having the game opened up in 2-5 different instances in your browser.

Arctic
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2013, 02:51:21 PM »

It only takes like 3 days to finish the tutorial.  After that you shouldn't have to worry about it.  To me it would have been annoying having it on every single page when I was doing it.
Arctic
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2013, 03:01:00 PM »

That's why you have a show/hide button. This game utilizes so little of the screen, I can't see how it could be an issue. That same show/hide screen can be used for other stuff, as I stated in another suggestion post. If it would be annoying to you, then keep it hidden. Game interface is a major factor for most players. Improving the utility of it makes the majority happy.

Arctic
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: