Astro Galaxy - a realistic space exploration game
  April 18, 2024, 12:03:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Astro-Galaxy Side Story  (Read 4089 times)
GoodPerson
Private First Class

View Profile
« on: March 17, 2013, 10:14:40 AM »

2213 A.D.

Spaceship Captains are drinking wine inside a bar. The wine isn’t normal wine. The wine was made yesterday, but already 200 years old. Thanks to Quantum Accelerator, the wine's 'time' can be fast forwarded. The result is centuries taste wine.

Meanwhile, we can find other captain just arrive on earth and then sell their mined resource. There are also cry of happiness from survivor who are stranded in space, but saved and brought back to Earth by some captains. This happens everyday. If we go back 200 years ago, this can only happen in somekind of realistic online space exploration game in your internet browser.

This all can truly exist thanks to SOL corp. SOL Corp is the biggest and only all-purpose-space-exploration corporation. Their technology were top notch, even 20th century scientist can only imagined 5% portion of SOL Corp's tech. SOL Corp is the sole supplier of spaceships and their modules. Their massive production of spaceship made them need extra human power.  A lot of volunteer captain join SOL Corp, some for fame, while the other for profit.

The director of SOL Corp, Sir emi is the one who bring Sol Corp to its golden era. He conduct massive research to every aspect of Quantum physics. This result to faster and safer space exploration.

Sir emi is also well known for his unexpected policy, some people even don’t like him because of this.
Space captains who are recruited by SOL Corp must pass the SEA course. The course can be easy or difficult, depending on the captain. Those who pass will be able to explore freely, whether to mining, battling pirates or SOS-ing.

Their journey were limitless.......

Prologue end
Report to moderator   Logged

35 + 3 + 42 = 100
Want a proof?
Try manufacture FTL Drive mk 1

Before knowing this, i always thought mass won't change no matter what you do......
GoodPerson
Private First Class

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2013, 10:25:45 AM »

My name is Captain Goodperson. I am just a normal play..... Captain. I command 6 ships and some stations.

It’s hard to grow in this universe. The space seems limitless although somehow I can’t go beyond 4x4 quadrant space. Despite that, the space is really big that if you want to hunt someone, the chance of you find them is like searching a bacteria in a swamp of antibiotic. That’s why most system is not explored yet. The good thing is: we haven’t found alien race attacking us.

Checking my ship’s status, I found that my fuel reserves are almost depleted.
“I should immediately go back to earth.” I murmured to myself.
 Just as I commanded the crew to set destination to sol, I found my ship’s radar is blinking
A SOS signal
During this early space exploration era a lot of SOS signal can show up. Most are no fuel emergency, or some nasty space flu epidemic on a ship.
I decided to respond the signal since my fuel will be still enough to go there and then back to earth.

“Help! We are stranded in space.”
“This is captain GoodPerson. What can I do?”
“Oh.... A response! Thank heavens! We are stranded is space.....”
“You already said that!”
“Our experimental engine is exploded. We need help to get back to earth.”
Experimental engines again......
If I remember, there are lots of blown up engines these days. And it’s right after Sir Emi’s announcement about new engine ‘Dodge Matrix’.......
Maybe they were experimenting about that?
Oh crap! Considering there are so many ‘blown up engines’ SOS, I should be careful when manufacturing ‘Dodge Matrix’(When those engines were available of course)
“Okay, you can board our ship to get back to earth”
“Thank you captain!”

So, they board my ship along with some broken strange looking.....module?
Ew.... that thing still producing weird kind of sound.
I hope that thing won’t explode in my ship.......

At Earth,
“Thank you captain! We already send the payment to your account.”
“Okay, I hope your ‘experimental engines’ won’t explode again”
“I seriously doubt about that, Captain. LOL”
And.....he said that with a smile.....
Maybe I will meet them in deep space again sometimes.....

After that strage meeting, I dock my ship to the Sol Shipyard. The Shipyard is very huge. You can get all kind of ship here, from shuttle to Titan. After docked, I go to the repair Ship section.
“Please repair my ships, it’s on Hangar no.85” I said to the engineer.
“Leave it to us. Put your thumb here”
He took out a blue box that has the same size as my hand.
I put my thumb to the scanner and enter my bank account’s password.
“Thank you, your ship’s armor repairs will be done in 1.5 hours.”
The engineer do their job fast. There are once when I asked them: ‘How the hell can you guys be so fast?’
Their answer were simple, ‘Sir Emi’s MAGIC’
I never bothered to ask them again.......

Waiting for my ship, I decided to rest at earth’s surface’s hotel.
Even though the hotel were not very big, the view was very beautiful.
You can almost see the sea from here. I heard the sea level has been rising since 2030. It’s only in the late 20 years the sea level stay stagnant because there is no more ice to melt. Global warming it seems.
Since it’s night time in this time zone too, so I decided to sleep.

.             .               .               .

In the morning, 06.00 AM
The clock isn’t moving.
I’m inside my house, in front of a table, eating my breakfast quickly.
After breakfast, I check my calendar.
“Autumn isn’t it.....”

I go outside the house and looked at the scenery
A big field, A barn, A greenhouse, A tree with bee nest on it and some chicken walking around
I decided to go to the field.

Hmm.......
In the autumn the most profitable crops should be sweet potato. The seed bag cost 200G and contains 9 seed each. Each seed will be fully grown in 6 days and can grow back the sweet potato in 2 days after harvested. The sweet potato will give me 120G each. So, in each bag I will profit 880G in the first harves.....

WTF????

What the hell am I doing here???!!!!!
Suddenly the world turns pitch black.
I put my hand to my head and opened my eyes.
“A dream.....?”
My head hurts. Looks like I have some kind of nightmare......

After getting my ship back, I go to the nearest COM signal and accept their mission. All of their missions are to attack a pirate ship.

When I first time doing COM mission, the pirates were pretty weak. They somehow always have the same hull as my ships and always use vipers only. After a few months, they suddenly change their tactic. The pirates now have 2-5 very extremely high mark of weapons and shields. I still wonder how the hell they can obtain that kind of modules. And then finally last week, the pirates started packing their very extremely high mark weapons to a small ship, mostly battle cruiser to get a dodge bonus. In other words, the pirates were getting stronger and stronger. I’m sure there will be a pirate ships that can destroy the entire SOL Corp sometime in the future.

After getting a COM mission and go to the said planet, I meet the pirate’s ship. A Heavycruisher. That is a small ship, but I can’t be fooled by its size. From the display screen, I can see 6 very extremely high mark railgun and 8 very extremely high mark shield. Luckily, I’m still quite far, so they can’t see me.

“Sh*t this will be a very hard battle.” I said to myself.
Now, I just need to wait to get a target lock on the pirate’s ship.......

18 hours has passed, my ship has target locked the pirate’s ship.
If I order to attack now, my ship will charge towards to the pirate’s ship to get into the fire range, and that mean they will be also able to fire at me.
But, there is no room for hesitation now.

“ATTACK!!!!!!!”

As I ordered to attack, my crews immediately go into their battle station. My ship charge forward as if there are no future. The pirate’s ship also noticed my ship as well and started to get into battle position.
But, it’s a second too late.
My ship fired high mark laser to the pirate’s ship first. But, suddenly the ship vanishes and then shows up again in less than a few second.

It missed??!!!

How can you dodge a light that travels at 300k km/s???

While my head still full of question marks, the pirate’s ship fired their very extremely high mark railgun to my ship. That very extremely high mark railgun fires a projectile that able to turn a poorly defended ship into quantum debris. The damage from a very extremely high mark is very extremely high. A newbie captain definitely will cry if they saw a very extremely high mark railgun fired at them.

Still, my ship’s shields are quite high and were able to withstand the very extremely high mark railgun’s attack.
From my ship, I can see that the pirate’s ship is preparing to fire another very extremely high mark railgun to my ship.
Looks like this is going to be a long fight......

After hours of withstanding some very extremely high mark railguns, I stand victorious after sending my marines to their ship. Their ship immediately  jump away to run, but I can track their ship and finally capture their ship.

“Excellent battle Captain, I have transferred you the payment.”
“Thank you for the payment”
After the passenger move to their own ship that hijacked by pirates earlier, I started to move to other Com signal to do more mission.
“The world sure is getting tougher on us” I muttered to myself

That battle with pirates is a proof. The pirates is getting more dangerous and it’s harder to get money now. Not to mention rumor that minerals on earth are started to getting rare and there will be a chance that SOL Corp will stop selling minerals.......

Would I able to still survive in this universe?

35 + 3 + 42 = 100
Want a proof?
Try manufacture FTL Drive mk 1

Before knowing this, i always thought mass won't change no matter what you do......
Matamaure001
Staff Sergeant

An empire builder

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2013, 01:15:10 PM »

Very nice Captain GoodPerson, I enjoyed it a lot. Waiting to read more of your adventures.

Good travel in the space line!

Captain Matamaure
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2013, 12:57:01 PM »

That sounds about right 1

Great story!

Pages: [1]