Astro Galaxy - a realistic space exploration game
  April 19, 2024, 04:50:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: About to ruin the story line  (Read 17168 times)
AdultGamer
Private

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2013, 12:21:10 AM »

JamJulLison...

GALACTIC EMPIRES II DREAD LORDS and EXORACE are very much like ASTRO EMPIRES; although, Game System Mechanics are different.

EXORACE could use the Attack Timer System you described to balance out the Big Player Units versus Little Player Units.

WAR OF LEGENDS Newbie Protection is like 7 to 10 Days (forget the exact number...been awhile since I played it); unless, the Player reaches Level 10 before then.  Also, Players under Level 10 can't be attacked.

EXORACE Newbie Protection also has a Number Of Days Limit; which, also has a Level Exception Clause.  EXORACE also has a Attacker Level/Points Limit.  Initially, only Players within +10% Level/Points above the Defender can attack the Defender.  As Time Passes, and the Defender attains Levels, the Percentage Number increases.  Thus, Players with 1,000,000 Points can be attacked by anybody.  Also, an Attacker who has lower Level/Points than the Defender Level/Points can attack the Defender with the only exception; being, Newbie Protection for the Defender.
= = = = =
I thought that the Topic Thread was current at the time I read it.  It was only after I started Editing my Posting that I realizeed the Topic Thread was 3 months old.
= = = = =
Your Gameplay Tactics & Strategy as described in the previous Postings prevents Newbie Players from being able to develop; while, you are able to expand your influence across the Star Systems & Sectors & Quadrants beyond Sol and Quadrant 0,0.

ooo...You changed your Gameplay Tactics & Strategy in the last 3 months...I should be happy about that...I am not.  Other Experienced & Powerful Players are doing the same thing.

I have no problem with Newbie Vs Newbie warfare in the "Tutorial/Newbie Zone" aka the Sol Star System.  That isn't my complaint.  I agree with Arctic that your Gameplay style does hurt the ASTRO GALAXY Game System.
= = = = =
Let's reverse our Roles...I am an Experienced & Powerful Player like you; and, you are a Newbie Player like me.

You are struggling with acquiring SOS & CBT (COM = Communication) Missions because of competition with other Players for completing those Missions.  So, as an alternative method of acquiring Wealth, and for Stowing multiple Spacecraft, you decide to create Space Stations & whatnot as Bases within the Sol; afterall, you aren't able to leave the Sol system yet; because, you haven't acquired the Technology and/or Resources to engage in Interstellar Travel.

I am in an Alliance with other Players; and, I have a P2P Technology; and, I have Bases in various Star Systems outside of Sol and Quadrant 0,0.  I have Spacecraft Designs that Newbie Players like you can only dream about having.

Because of my own Maniacal Reasons (doesn't really matter what they are; or, why I have them--Your reasoning was to teach Newbies some lessons about Base Building), I decide to attack, and/or destroy, your Newbie Bases in the Sol and Quandrant 0,0.  This further hampers your ability to Research & Produce Spacecraft Technology for engaging in Interstellar Spaceflight.

Eventually, because you chose not to quit under these severe Gameplaying conditions, you are able to engage in Interstellar Spaceflight.  While trying to Explore Instellar Space, I attack, and/or destroy, your Spacecraft & Bases; and, you have zero idea of where my bases are located.

THAT IS WRONG.
= = = = =
ASTRO GALAXY was created as a Peaceful Outerspace Exploration & Commercialization & Colonization Game System; and, you have turned ASTRO GALAXY into another Outerspace Wargame System like GALACTIC EMPIRES II DREAD LORDS and EXORACE and STAR SONOTA and WING COMMANDER: PRIVATEER.

- Okay....GALACTIC EMPIRES is a Player Versus Computer Game System; and, ASTRO GALAXY is a MMO.
- Okay...EXORACE is a MMO that doesn't utilize Real Life Star Charts; and, ASTRO GALAXY does utilize Real Life Star Charts and Planetology.
- Okay...WING COMMANDER: PRIVATEER only allows you to have 1 Spaceship and ASTRO GALAXY allows you to have many Spaceships; and, WING COMMANDER: PRIVATEER is a 1-Person Offline Game System and ASTRO GALAXY is a MMO.

I really don't care about your Game System Experience; because, I have never heard of those games you have mentioned.
= = = = =
NOTE:  While, creating this Posting, I had mistakenly used ASTRO EMPIRES as the name of the ASTRO GALAXY Game System; because, the Gameplay Tactics & Strategy that you are using is ASTRO EMPIRES Military Conquest.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2013, 06:40:24 AM by AdultGamer » Report to moderator   Logged
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2013, 01:55:59 AM »

JamJulLison...

GALACTIC EMPIRES II DREAD LORDS and EXORACE are very much like ASTRO EMPIRES; although, Game System Mechanics are different.

EXORACE could use the Attack Timer System you described to balance out the Big Player Units versus Little Player Units.

WAR OF LEGENDS Newbie Protection is like 7 to 10 Days (forget the exact number...been awhile since I played it); unless, the Player reaches Level 10 before then.  Also, Players under Level 10 can't be attacked.

EXORACE Newbie Protection also has a Number Of Days Limit; which, also has a Level Exception Clause.  EXORACE also has a Attacker Level/Points Limit.  Initially, only Players within +10% Level/Points above the Defender can attack the Defender.  As Time Passes, and the Defender attains Levels, the Percentage Number increases.  Thus, Players with 1,000,000 Points can be attacked by anybody.  Also, an Attacker who has lower Level/Points than the Defender Level/Points can attack the Defender with the only exception; being, Newbie Protection for the Defender.
= = = = =
I thought that the Topic Thread was current at the time I read it.  It was only after I started Editing my Posting that I realizeed the Topic Thread was 3 months old.
= = = = =
Your Gameplay Tactics & Strategy as described in the previous Postings prevents Newbie Players from being able to develop; while, you are able to expand your influence across the Star Systems & Sectors & Quadrants beyond Sol and Quadrant 0,0.

ooo...You changed your Gameplay Tactics & Strategy in the last 3 months...I should be happy about that...I am not.  Other Experienced & Powerful Players are doing the same thing.

I have no problem with Newbie Vs Newbie warfare in the "Tutorial/Newbie Zone" aka the Sol Star System.  That isn't my complaint.  I agree with Artic that your Gameplay style does hurt the ASTRO GALAXY Game System.
= = = = =
Let's reverse our Roles...I am an Experienced & Powerful Player like you; and, you are a Newbie Player like me.

You are struggling with acquiring SOS & CBT (COM = Communication) Missions because of competition with other Players for completing those Missions.  So, as an alternative method of acquiring Wealth, and for Stowing multiple Spacecraft, you decide to create Space Stations & whatnot as Bases within the Sol; afterall, you aren't able to leave the Sol system yet; because, you haven't acquired the Technology and/or Resources to engage in Interstellar Travel.

I am in an Alliance with other Players; and, I have a P2P Technology; and, I have Bases in various Star Systems outside of Sol and Quadrant 0,0.  I have Spacecraft Designs that Newbie Players like you can only dream about having.

Because of my own Maniacal Reasons (doesn't really matter what they are; or, why I have them--Your reasoning was to teach Newbies some lessons about Base Building), I decide to attack, and/or destroy, your Newbie Bases in the Sol and Quandrant 0,0.  This further hampers your ability to Research & Produce Spacecraft Technology for engaging in Interstellar Spaceflight.

Eventually, because you chose not to quit under these severe Gameplaying conditions, you are able to engage in Interstellar Spaceflight.  While trying to Explore Instellar Space, I attack, and/or destroy, your Spacecraft & Bases; and, you have zero idea of where my bases are located.

THAT IS WRONG.
= = = = =
ASTRO GALAXY was created as a Peaceful Outerspace Exploration & Commercialization & Colonization Game System; and, you have turned ASTRO GALAXY into another Outerspace Wargame System like GALACTIC EMPIRES II DREAD LORDS and EXORACE.

Okay....GALACTIC EMPIRES is a Player Versus Computer Game System; and, ASTRO GALAXY is a MMO.
Okay...EXORACE is a MMO that doesn't utilize Real Life Star Charts; and, ASTRO GALAXY does utilize Real Life Star Charts and Planetology.

I really don't care about your Game System Experience; because, I have never heard of those games.
= = = = =
NOTE:  While, creating this Posting, I had mistakenly used ASTRO EMPIRES as the name of the ASTRO GALAXY Game System; because, the Gameplay Tactics & Strategy that you are using is ASTRO EMPIRE Military Conquest.

I have played other games where I have been just that. The weak guy on an older server. No hope of being in the top 50.  After coming out of protections others can raid me to hell and so on. It was this was on Ogame back when I first joined it years and years ago.  I had to focus on my defenses to keep from getting raided a lot. I had to play smart to survive.  I ended up halfway decent on one server. On the other I rose to be the leader of the sub-alliance of one of the games top alliances. I also ended up in the top 100. Eventually I grew bored with that game and quit though. That happened around the time they changed the layout to a horrible layout.

When we encourage people to not mine in 0,0 we aren't trying to discourage growth.  We are trying to teach them to play smart. When I joined this game, there were people a lot stronger then me. If I wanted to set up a mine then someone would be sure to raid me. After reading info on the forums I realized that attempting to mine that early on would just do nothing but stunt my growth. Instead I focused on transport missions and raiding. I joined a small pirating corp that is pretty much dead now. There was only really 1 active player in OX and I quickly become better at the game then he was. After a while, i grew stronger and me and members of some other corps decides we all wanted to come together and form a brand new corp.  We formed PMI.  While I did have a little help, most of what I got is stuff I worked hard myself. I tried giving mining a try for a while further out. But it wasn't bringing in enough to really help my growth. I then started SOS's. Well that is when money really started coming in. I built my first COM ship (which was crappy) and began making even more money. To the point my growth rate just continued to increase.  I got to where I am today not because of hand outs, not because I was a bully or anything like that.  I got to where I am because I worked my butt off and I played smart.  That is what I try to do. I try to teach people to play smart and become self sufficient. Other players have done the same by just working hard and playing smart. Look at IMG.  They don't really do much in the way of raiding. But through hard work and playing smart they have become strong.  When IMG was formed they were weak.  We had a disagreement over one of their members and some things were said and then things got out of hand. We had a war. If they had stayed in 0,0 they would have been decimated. (No offense Dadds), but instead they moved their mines out further where it would be harder to find them. Eventually things grew slow and it became a stalemate. A NAP was signed and then later the GC was formed.  During the time of the war, they grew powerful pretty quickly.  This is a good example of what playing smart and working hard can do to help players.

Now may I ask you a question.  Why are you criticizing me for anything when you don't even have an account on this game? I tried searching your name but no sign of it.  So either you don't got one or you go under a different name and don't want anyone to know who you really are.
Report to moderator   Logged
AdultGamer
Private

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2013, 07:32:24 AM »

oh...I am sorry...I thought that building Bases & Space Stations & whatnot as a Newbie Player with no Interstellar Travel Capability in 0,0 was a Standard Progression Process for Research & Development to acquire the Technology & Resources to go beyond 0,0.

So, actually, when a Newbie Player without Interstellar Technology (not a Noob Player who has Interstellar Travel Capability) builds Bases & Space Stations & whatnot in 0,0 that Player has 0 intention of getting out of 0,0 for the entirety of one's ASTRO GALAXY Gameplaying; thus, as an Experienced & Powerful Player, you have the Right to attack and destroy Newbie Bases (not Noob Bases) in 0,0.
= = = = =
You haven't been reading my Postings.

- I created this Account specifically to respond to your replies within this Topic Thread.

- I have referred to myself as "a Future Newbie Player".

- I am looking at ASTRO GALAXY because I am interested in playing an Outerspace Sci-Fi Exploration & Commercialization & Colonization Game System that isn't centered around Outerspace Military & Civilian & Corporate Combat Capability.
= = = = =
Your Gameplaying successes were heavily based on Outerspace Combat Capability; even if, you weren't actively engaged in Game System Combat Mission Quests.
= = = = =
I don't stand corrected because Newbie Players who have no Interstellar Travel Capability need to acquire the Interstellar Travel Technology & Resources any way that they can.  Building Mining Colonies/Bases/Space Stations & Warehousing Colonies/Bases/Space Stations & Trading Post Colonies/Bases/Space Stations is one way of attaining such Technology & Resources; and, such activity doesn't require Military/Combat Spacecraft Designs & Military/Combat Gameplay against NPCs, and/or other Players.

There should absolutely be no reason why a New Player in the "Tutorial/Newbie Zone" (aka 0,0 in ASTRO GALAXY) HAS TO BE FORCED TO ENGAGE IN OUTERSPACE COMBAT ACTIVITIES BY EXPERIENCED & POWERFUL PLAYERS; not to mention, having one's hard work and effort be totally destroyed by some Experienced & Powerful Player who already has Interstellar Colonies/Bases/Space Stations outside of 0,0.
= = = = =
"!!! NO WEAPONS IN OUTERSPACE !!! -- Steven T. Querin

Look me up on FACEBOOK.  Profile Picture -- 2 Triangle-Circle-Star Insignias & "Q-LAB".
Read my FLOWER CHILD PROJECT Note in the Notes Section.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2013, 11:54:29 PM by AdultGamer » Report to moderator   Logged
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2013, 09:50:25 PM »

Did you even listen to what I said about IMG?  Unlike me they didn't go around raiding. They worked hard and moved further out and did fine. Every player gets the capability to travel beyond Sol and even 0,0 right from the beginning of the game. In the tutorial they get Wormhole Drives and FTL drives. When they graduate they even get a free ship equipped with some low level mods on it. It may take them longer to travel further out because of time calculations but it can be done. Since you don't even play the game yet though you of course wouldn't know this. Try playing it for a while. Then comment back on this subject.  Fact is smart players do transport missions until they can afford to try moving further out. Once they get moved further out they can then start mining and it will be safer.  I do wish to comment on one thing in particular you said.

There should absolutely be no reason why a New Player in the "Tutorial/Newbie Zone" (aka 0,0 in ASTRO GALAXY) HAS TO BE FORCED TO ENGAGE IN OUTERSPACE COMBAT ACTIVITIES BY EXPERIENCED & POWERFUL PLAYERS; not to mention, having one's hard work and effort be totally destroyed by some Experienced & Powerful Player who already has Interstellar Colonies/Bases/Space Stations outside of 0,0.

1. While they are under newbie protection they can not be attacked anywhere. 

2. The tutorial has you do various things in SOL system. A few task have to be done outside Sol.

3. If a player wants to remain unable to be attacked they can either wait until the full 30 days to expire before graduating without attacking anyone or going over 20k points. That is 1 month. Plenty of time to get in some mining early on if you want and then use the solars and researched tech levels to build the advanced cargos/cargos and Wormhole Gens they will need for going further out.

4. I don't usually blow up space stations or mines. I usually just loot. Meaning all they lose out on is resources that were mined. The only time I blow them up is if they are on the GC KOS list or if a station/mine is just sitting there not doing anything.  I remove it so that other players can have a spot to mine if they wish.  The exception is in Sol itself. I don't attack anyone in Sol unless the person is on the GC KOS list. The ones that usually go around blowing things up are newer players.  Many of which can't seem to learn it is better for both sides if they just loot.  Something also to keep in mind is that ships can not be blown up at all. Worst case scenario for them is their ship is forced to jump and it dumps some res. Particularly annoying when the ship loses fuel.

5. Also there is no actual official newbie zone. 0,0 is an area everyone is forced to come back to at some point if they want to buy resources, buy new ships, or return SOS escape pod people back to Sol. It is also the area where people need to go if they want to actually sell resources they mine. There are some safe areas. Earth is safe.  So is the entry point to the system. Actually every single entry point in every system in the game is a safe area.  Granted you can't mine or set up any stations in these areas. But these are great areas for parking science ships or if you pick up your mines every night and decide to park there overnight.

There are also another reason to get moved out of 0,0 besides to help being avoided raided.  That is you can usually fine better resources further out.  See resources don't respawn.  Eventually Sol will become dry.  As will other areas in 0,0 unless Emi decides to do another known system (the 0 areas and the first ring) resources respawning. So far this has only happened 1 time.  Eventually for the systems further out there will be super novas to destroy systems that are low on resources in unknown space (rings 2 and up) and then new systems will appear with fresh resources.

Now I am sure you will give me some other bullcrap response back to this. So let me say this.  I don't believe is restricting a person from playing how they want. That is why PMI allows our members to raid.  Outside of 0,0 it is harder to really make a decent profit off raiding. If my lower ranked members or some of my other members want to raid, I am not going to stop them. But I do restrict them to just looting.  No unauthorized destruction.  They are also forbidden to raid people in Sol. Hell if someone has an issue with someone raiding them in Sol, I don't mind coming to help them out if I can. It is my hope though that people who do get raided in the rest of 0,0, even if it is by my people, will become smart enough to move further out so that they can really grow. If someone just sits around there, whether they get raided or not their growth is going to be slower. if they are raided it will likely be even slower. Especially when some of them other Pirates in other corps (including in Sol Corp) decide to go around blowing things up.

BTW I can understand why you say people shouldn't be able to even attack players in 0,0. I think at the very least maybe Sol System should have this restriction. But that leads to other problems. Such as players setting up mines and then quitting the game. If you can't attack those mines they will continue to sit there taking up a spot someone else can be mining.   Currently Emi doesn't have a system set up to delete inactive players. But i really hope in the future he adds it.  I also hope he adds a vacation mode option that people can go into maybe once every few months or so in case someone needs to go away. In vacation mode people's things would be unable to be attacked.  During that time though they wouldn't be able to gain science points or mine resources.  That way it can't be abused. I have played other games with vacation modes like this and they worked well.
AdultGamer
Private

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2013, 11:58:20 PM »

Did you even listen to what I said about IMG?  Unlike me they didn't go around raiding. They worked hard and moved further out and did fine. Every player gets the capability to travel beyond Sol and even 0,0 right from the beginning of the game. In the tutorial they get Wormhole Drives and FTL drives. When they graduate they even get a free ship equipped with some low level mods on it. It may take them longer to travel further out because of time calculations but it can be done. Since you don't even play the game yet though you of course wouldn't know this. Try playing it for a while. Then comment back on this subject.  Fact is smart players do transport missions until they can afford to try moving further out. Once they get moved further out they can then start mining and it will be safer.  I do wish to comment on one thing in particular you said.

1. While they are under newbie protection they can not be attacked anywhere.  

2. The tutorial has you do various things in SOL system. A few task have to be done outside Sol.

3. If a player wants to remain unable to be attacked they can either wait until the full 30 days to expire before graduating without attacking anyone or going over 20k points. That is 1 month. Plenty of time to get in some mining early on if you want and then use the solars and researched tech levels to build the advanced cargos/cargos and Wormhole Gens they will need for going further out.

4. I don't usually blow up space stations or mines. I usually just loot. Meaning all they lose out on is resources that were mined. The only time I blow them up is if they are on the GC KOS list or if a station/mine is just sitting there not doing anything.  I remove it so that other players can have a spot to mine if they wish.  The exception is in Sol itself. I don't attack anyone in Sol unless the person is on the GC KOS list. The ones that usually go around blowing things up are newer players.  Many of which can't seem to learn it is better for both sides if they just loot.  Something also to keep in mind is that ships can not be blown up at all. Worst case scenario for them is their ship is forced to jump and it dumps some res. Particularly annoying when the ship loses fuel.

5. Also there is no actual official newbie zone. 0,0 is an area everyone is forced to come back to at some point if they want to buy resources, buy new ships, or return SOS escape pod people back to Sol. It is also the area where people need to go if they want to actually sell resources they mine. There are some safe areas. Earth is safe.  So is the entry point to the system. Actually every single entry point in every system in the game is a safe area.  Granted you can't mine or set up any stations in these areas. But these are great areas for parking science ships or if you pick up your mines every night and decide to park there overnight.

There are also another reason to get moved out of 0,0 besides to help being avoided raided.  That is you can usually fine better resources further out.  See resources don't respawn.  Eventually Sol will become dry.  As will other areas in 0,0 unless Emi decides to do another known system (the 0 areas and the first ring) resources respawning. So far this has only happened 1 time.  Eventually for the systems further out there will be super novas to destroy systems that are low on resources in unknown space (rings 2 and up) and then new systems will appear with fresh resources.

Now I am sure you will give me some other bullcrap response back to this. So let me say this.  I don't believe is restricting a person from playing how they want. That is why PMI allows our members to raid.  Outside of 0,0 it is harder to really make a decent profit off raiding. If my lower ranked members or some of my other members want to raid, I am not going to stop them. But I do restrict them to just looting.  No unauthorized destruction.  They are also forbidden to raid people in Sol. Hell if someone has an issue with someone raiding them in Sol, I don't mind coming to help them out if I can. It is my hope though that people who do get raided in the rest of 0,0, even if it is by my people, will become smart enough to move further out so that they can really grow. If someone just sits around there, whether they get raided or not their growth is going to be slower. if they are raided it will likely be even slower. Especially when some of them other Pirates in other corps (including in Sol Corp) decide to go around blowing things up.

BTW I can understand why you say people shouldn't be able to even attack players in 0,0. I think at the very least maybe Sol System should have this restriction. But that leads to other problems. Such as players setting up mines and then quitting the game. If you can't attack those mines they will continue to sit there taking up a spot someone else can be mining.   Currently Emi doesn't have a system set up to delete inactive players. But i really hope in the future he adds it.  I also hope he adds a vacation mode option that people can go into maybe once every few months or so in case someone needs to go away. In vacation mode people's things would be unable to be attacked.  During that time though they wouldn't be able to gain science points or mine resources.  That way it can't be abused. I have played other games with vacation modes like this and they worked well.

Irrelevant to my Original Reply; because, my Original Reply was about your March 2013 Replies; and, not about what has happened since March 2013.
= = = = =
In the tutorial they get Wormhole Drives and FTL drives. When they graduate they even get a free ship equipped with some low level mods on it. It may take them longer to travel further out because of time calculations but it can be done. Since you don't even play the game yet though you of course wouldn't know this.

I do know about this; because, I read up on the ASTRO GALAXY Game System from the ASTRO GALAXY Webpages.
= = = = =
I don't usually blow up space stations or mines. I usually just loot.

Destroying...Looting...Amounts to the same thing...An Experienced & Powerful Player hampering an Inexperienced & Weak Player.
= = = = =
Okay...I may be having some confusion between Sol and 0,0 and Tutorial/Newbie Zones; because, I have only read about ASTRO GALAXY on the ASTRO GALAXY Webpages & Forums...But, that doesn't change my Original Posting Premise about Experienced & Powerful Players with Interstellar Wormhole Drives attacking Newbie Players who don't have Interstellar Wormhole Drives.
= = = = =
I have said my 2 Cents worth on this issue; and, have nothing more to add.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2013, 12:21:53 AM by AdultGamer » Report to moderator   Logged
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2013, 12:57:52 AM »

You can only find so much info on those pages.  That doesn't even cover the entire gameplay experience.  That is why you can not fully understand where I am coming from on this.

Destroying and Looting do not amount to the same thing.  Looting your just take resources they have on the stations or that their mine/harvesters have on them.  While it is a loss, it doesn't really amount to much of one compared to destroying.  Destroying not only do they lose those things but they loose the mines, harvesters and space stations.  Which can amount to a pretty big loss sometimes. Much bigger then looting. With just looting they have a chance to continue on. Destroying their stuff eliminates that chances and cost them more in the long run.  Most of the people who loot in my corp are actually smaller players anyways. Our stronger people tend to not raid.  Though on occasion myself and Sargas do a little raiding. But it isn't very often.  I do not want to prevent the growth of smaller players. But I do occasionally need a little extra in solars myself.  But the ship I use is usually at around 12-13k power when I raid anyways. So they got a pretty good shot at getting to their mines and pulling stuff off if they are online. Hell if they got some extra QP, they could get a ship there and attack my ship and cause it to jump before I even realize they are there.  But if they were really smart though they would just try to move further out. Hell if one of them messaged me asking them to help them move further out I would help them do so.  I want to see people grow in this game and become strong.

It is understandable being confused on the zones just looking at that stuff.  Sol itself is our solar system. The one with Earth. It is located in quadrant 0,0. The reason PMI decided to no longer permit raiding there is because that is right where people start. I want to give people in Sol System a chance. But I can't just ban it on all of 0,0.  That wouldn't be fair to those in our corp who choose the lifestyle of the pirate. Especially to those who are still weaker themselves.  I help out our newer members with Corp SOS ships and stuff. So they can grow stronger faster. But they need other income as well. We are still building more corp COM ships so those are limited to go around. So they need other ways to make money.  If they want to mine our mining leader will be happy to help them set up further. But if they choose to raid to get that solars, i feel they have the right to do that as well.  I do tell my people now to mine in 0,0 and most tend to listen. After all it is the smart thing.  If someone is mining in 0,0 and after being raided multiple times doesn't realize that the smart thing to do would be to move further out, then it is their own fault they continue to get raided.  Pirates new and old raid in 0,0 because they know there are more people there to raid and they don't have to spend as much fuel going further out to raid or going to systems that are sitting empty.  So it makes sense then to set up mines somewhere where pirates are less likely to look for targets.  Now when I raided heavily in the past.  I didn't purposely go after other weak guys like me. I went after anyone I saw I could make a profit off of.  This included big players as well as small.  Mines that are sitting on a planet without any sort of defenses (which is very common), are easy prey no matter if they are high level player or not.  A player no matter how strong isn't likely to be able to set up a station on every single planet they are mining let alone equip each with defenses. They also are not going to be able to set up a ship at every planet they mine either.  The exception to these is if they mine on 1 or 2 planets at a time.  But most miners don't do that.  Any player setting up 0,0 is easy prey. Even if I had never started pirating, I never would have set mines in 0,0.  I knew right away how risky that is.  I do have some solutions though to help the issue that emi could add in.

1. Prevent attacking all together in Sol. (though this requires him having a system for deleting inactive players.

2. Create another starting point that has all the same capabilities as Earth. Though for this to happen the universe needs to grow much bigger. As it stands right now it is just too small for this to work well.

I know I come off as harsh at times. It even seemed like i was acting Arctic early on. I tend to lack tact.  I tend to say things how I see them.  I understand the points you are trying to make.  But I also see you can't understand where it is I am coming from since you haven't played the game.  Here is some advice. Go ahead and give the game a try. See how you like it. It is quite good.  Since you hate raiding people you probably wouldn't like our corp very much. We are a good group of people, but I think you and I might clash a little.  But when you grow stronger you could join IMG. They share some of your views. Though they do at least understand where I am coming from on things. They still don't like pirating, but I think they at least understand lol.
Jazzbob
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2013, 06:40:25 AM »

It would be great if you all could shift down to construktive argumenting.

I agree with the Ideas of Arctic and really like the ideas of Sir Emi!

My Corp, the ITO always looks for players, who think free!

In my opinion this fre :idea:e thinking players shoud act as a counterbalance to the huge IMG, PMI and NHC.

Leader
IMPERIAL TRADE ORGANISATION
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2013, 07:38:32 PM »

I agree free thinking is good. The original idea isn't a bad idea.  In the game's future it would even be applicable.  Just not how it is currently. Critical comments and strong replies that point out what is wrong with things can help people to think of new ways for things to work. I have said before I do think the galaxy needs to be made bigger. That is what needs to come first before creating new starting points.  Something to also keep in mind that each new starting point that is made is going to end up becoming another area that is a hotbed for pirating activity. There will be newer players starting in these other areas that will likely end up becoming pirates. If the game's population does explode then you are looking at the same kind of situation we are in now. Perhaps it could be even worse.  Especially if some of these pirates become like Tumppi or Untamed.

BTW Jazzbob how is your Corp doing? Been doing any raiding lately? I seem to recall IMG accusing you of raiding at some point in the past. I wasn't sure if you had stopped that or not. It doesn't matter much to me as long as you aren't raiding in Sol System or going after any of our people. I am just curious. lol
AdultGamer
Private

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2013, 01:50:16 AM »

You can only find so much info on those pages.  That doesn't even cover the entire gameplay experience.  That is why you can not fully understand where I am coming from on this.

Destroying and Looting do not amount to the same thing.  Looting your just take resources they have on the stations or that their mine/harvesters have on them.  While it is a loss, it doesn't really amount to much of one compared to destroying.  Destroying not only do they lose those things but they loose the mines, harvesters and space stations.  Which can amount to a pretty big loss sometimes. Much bigger then looting. With just looting they have a chance to continue on. Destroying their stuff eliminates that chances and cost them more in the long run.  Most of the people who loot in my corp are actually smaller players anyways. Our stronger people tend to not raid.  Though on occasion myself and Sargas do a little raiding. But it isn't very often.  I do not want to prevent the growth of smaller players. But I do occasionally need a little extra in solars myself.  But the ship I use is usually at around 12-13k power when I raid anyways. So they got a pretty good shot at getting to their mines and pulling stuff off if they are online. Hell if they got some extra QP, they could get a ship there and attack my ship and cause it to jump before I even realize they are there.  But if they were really smart though they would just try to move further out. Hell if one of them messaged me asking them to help them move further out I would help them do so.  I want to see people grow in this game and become strong.

It is understandable being confused on the zones just looking at that stuff.  Sol itself is our solar system. The one with Earth. It is located in quadrant 0,0. The reason PMI decided to no longer permit raiding there is because that is right where people start. I want to give people in Sol System a chance. But I can't just ban it on all of 0,0.  That wouldn't be fair to those in our corp who choose the lifestyle of the pirate. Especially to those who are still weaker themselves.  I help out our newer members with Corp SOS ships and stuff. So they can grow stronger faster. But they need other income as well. We are still building more corp COM ships so those are limited to go around. So they need other ways to make money.  If they want to mine our mining leader will be happy to help them set up further. But if they choose to raid to get that solars, i feel they have the right to do that as well.  I do tell my people now to mine in 0,0 and most tend to listen. After all it is the smart thing.  If someone is mining in 0,0 and after being raided multiple times doesn't realize that the smart thing to do would be to move further out, then it is their own fault they continue to get raided.  Pirates new and old raid in 0,0 because they know there are more people there to raid and they don't have to spend as much fuel going further out to raid or going to systems that are sitting empty.  So it makes sense then to set up mines somewhere where pirates are less likely to look for targets.  Now when I raided heavily in the past.  I didn't purposely go after other weak guys like me. I went after anyone I saw I could make a profit off of.  This included big players as well as small.  Mines that are sitting on a planet without any sort of defenses (which is very common), are easy prey no matter if they are high level player or not.  A player no matter how strong isn't likely to be able to set up a station on every single planet they are mining let alone equip each with defenses. They also are not going to be able to set up a ship at every planet they mine either.  The exception to these is if they mine on 1 or 2 planets at a time.  But most miners don't do that.  Any player setting up 0,0 is easy prey. Even if I had never started pirating, I never would have set mines in 0,0.  I knew right away how risky that is.  I do have some solutions though to help the issue that emi could add in.

1. Prevent attacking all together in Sol. (though this requires him having a system for deleting inactive players.

2. Create another starting point that has all the same capabilities as Earth. Though for this to happen the universe needs to grow much bigger. As it stands right now it is just too small for this to work well.

I know I come off as harsh at times. It even seemed like i was acting Arctic early on. I tend to lack tact.  I tend to say things how I see them.  I understand the points you are trying to make.  But I also see you can't understand where it is I am coming from since you haven't played the game.  Here is some advice. Go ahead and give the game a try. See how you like it. It is quite good.  Since you hate raiding people you probably wouldn't like our corp very much. We are a good group of people, but I think you and I might clash a little.  But when you grow stronger you could join IMG. They share some of your views. Though they do at least understand where I am coming from on things. They still don't like pirating, but I think they at least understand lol.

I have played STAR SONATA in which Players can Destroy, or Loot, another Player's Space Station; therefore, I do understand the difference between Destroying Something and Looting Something.

What you don't understand that is...Both Looting & Destroying is = "Attacking".
= = = = =
Sol = our Solar Star; thus, our Solar System as well
Terra = Earth (Futuristic Outerspace Sci-Fi Genre Game System terminology)
Luna = The Moon
Milky Way = our Galaxy

These are terms I use on a regular basis whenever I talk about Outerspace Issues.

I am an Outerspace Enthusiast; thus, I use these terms alot in reference to Outerspace Sci-Fi Game Systems; as well as, in reference to Real Life Outerspace Issues.

I was a Pre-Schooler when Apollo 8 & Apollo 11 were flown.

Between 1986 and 2004, I worked on a Real Life Manned Spacecraft Project that I wanted to present to The Outerspace Community.  That Project was the FLOWER CHILD PROJECT.  The purpose of the FLOWER CHILD PROJECT was to develop a Real Life Outerspace Tourism Industry in which Common Civilians like you and me could experience Real Life Transorbital Spaceflights like John Glenn; or, spend a week in Earth Orbit on a Space Station in Real Life; or, go on a Real Life Translunar Spaceflight Tour.  These Real Life Tourist Activities would help pay for the costs of Real Life Outerspace Research; and, Real Life Spacecraft Development.  Of course, Real Life Commercialization Of Outerspace would include Mining Resources like He3 on Luna.  However, Companies like BP (Gulf Of Mexico Oil Spew fame) and ExxonMobile (Prince William Sound Oil Spew fame) wouldn't be interested in engaging in Real Life Outerspace Mining Activities unless Real Life Common Civilians like you and me were interested in engaging in Real Life Outerspace Travel; or, Real Life Colonizing Of Luna & Mars by establishing Real Life Mining Sites on Luna and Mars.  Of course, Real Life Outerspace Exploration is needed for developing Real Life "Better, Cheaper, and Faster" Manned Spacecraft Designs; as well as, developing Real Life Safety Protocols that will allow Real Life Earth Humans to repeatedly travel between Earth and Luna and Mars; and, for living in Real Life outerspace and on Real Life Luna and on Real Life Mars.

Based on what I have seen on the ASTRO GALAXY Webpages & Forums, ASTRO GALAXY is nothing remotely close to being like the FLOWER CHILD PROJECT.  ASTRO GALAXY Players are interested in acquiring Territory for Mining Resources and Developing Spacecraft Designs to engage in Outerspace Combat Activities.
= = = = =
Oh yea...A Newbie Player right out of Tutorials has Worhole Technology.  Not based on what I have read.  Thus, trying to Establish a Mining and/or Research Center outside of Sol and/or Quadrant 0,0 is unrealistic for someone fresh out of the Tutorials; and, Players with Wormhole Technologies and Space Stations outside of Quadrant 0,0 are attacking Newbie Players with no Wormhole Technologies.  Yea...No wonder alot of Newbie Players quit.
= = = = =
ooo...Pirating is the best method for collecting Solars.  Pirating = Combat.  Combat Game System = Wargame System.  Thus, Exploration is about Finding & Mining Resources for constructing Combat Spacecraft; and, Research is about Developing better, and more advanced, Combat Spacecraft Designs.

As much as I like playing WING COMMANDER: PRIVATEER with its 3D Outerspace Combat; and, as much as I like playing GALACTIC CIVILIZATIONS II DREAD LORDS for its Interstellar Colonization Activities, I really am interested in engaging in peaceful Outerspace Exploration & Commercialization & Colonization Activities.  Because of your Gameplay Tactics & Strategies, peaceful Outerspace Exploration & Commercialization & Colonization isn't possible; unless, the Peaceful Player is willing to get PWNed & OWNed by the other Warmongering, and/or Control Freak, Players.

I think I will pass on joining ASTRO GALAXY.
= = = = =
"!!! NO WEAPONS IN OUTERSPACE !!!" -- Steven T. Querin
« Last Edit: July 09, 2013, 11:48:02 AM by AdultGamer » Report to moderator   Logged
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2013, 03:16:52 AM »

I have played STAR SONATA in which Players can Destroy, or Loot, another Player's Space Station; therefore, I do understand the difference between Destroying something and Looting Something.

I understand both is attacking.  However looting doesn't do near as much as harm as destroying.

Sol = our Solar Star; thus, our Solar System as well
Terra = Earth (Futuristic Outerspace Sci-Fi Genre Game System terminology)
Luna = The Moon
milky Way = our Galaxy

These are terms I use on a regular basis whenever I talk about Outerspace Issues.

I am an Outerspace Enthusiast; thus, I use these terms alot in reference to Outerspace Sci-Fi Game Systems; as well as, in reference to real Life Outerspace Issues.

I was a Pre-Schooler when Apollo 8 & Apollo 11 were flown.

Between 1986 and 2004, I worked on a Real Life Manned Spacecraft Project that I wanted to present to The Outerspace Community.  That Project was the FLOWER CHILD PROJECT.  The purpose of the FLOWER CHILD PROJECT was to develop an Outerspace Tourism Industry in which Commopn civilians like you and me could experience Transorbital Spaceflights like John Glenn; or, spend a week in Earth Orbit on a Space Station; or, go on a Translunar Spaceflight Tour.  These Tourist Activities would help pay for the costs of Outerspace Research; and, Spacecraft Development.  Of course, Commercialization Of Outerspace would include Mining Resources like He3 on Luna.  However, Companies like BP (Gulf Of Mexico Oil Spew fame) and ExxonMobile (Prince William Sound Oil Spew fame) wouldn't be interested in engaging in Outerspace Mining Activities unless Common Civilians like you and me are interested in engaging in Outerspace Travel; or, colonizing Luna and Mars by establishing Mining Sites on Luna and Mars.  Of course, Outerspace Exploration is needed for developing "Better, Cheaper, and Faster" Manned Spacecraft Designs; as well as, developing Safety Protocols that will allow Earth Humans to repeatedly travel between Earth and Luna and Mars; and, for living in outerspace and on Luna and on Mars.

Based on what I have seen on the ASTRO GALAXY Webpages & Forums, ASTRO GALAXY is nothing like that.  Players are interested in acquiring Territory for Mining Resources and Developing Spacecraft Designs to engage in Outerspace Combat Activities.

Congrads on living an amazing life.  However the game is set in a point in the future where things could end up like this. Earth low on natural resources, people fighting to survive.  Miners will try to mine. But there will also always be people trying to live off the miners by raiding them because it is easier for them then mining themselves. Some do it as a necessity to get by. That is why I did it early on. I immediately recognized the dangers of mining. Especially in 0,0. Even the 1st ring could have been risky.  Of course there are some who do it because they are more aggressive. Some even do it to be buttholes. This is a realistic situation of what things could be like in the future. Not saying it will be like this. But it is a possible situation.  There are even players now that work to fight piracy which of course is also realistic. But like in reality, piracy isn't so easy to fight. Especially when they use hit and run tactics. Smarter players early on learn that perhaps it isn't such a good idea to mine in the Sol System or even quadrant 0,0. In reality if the future were to end up like this, pirates would be more likely to target people in a closer cluster together then people scattered further apart. Especially when there isn't much anti-piracy security to prevent it. Though I would think in Sol System something like that would at least be in place.

Oh yea...A Newbie Player right out of Tutorials has Worhole Technology.  Not based on what I have read.  Thus, trying to Establish a Mining and/or Research Center outside of Sol and/or Quadrant 0,0 is unrealistic for someone fresh out of the Tutorials; and, Players with Wormhole Technologies and Space Stations outside of Quadrant 0,0 are attacking Newbie Players with no Wormhole Technologies.  Yea...No wonder alot of newbie Players quit.
= = = = =

This is really where you need to play the game to learn things. Your very first ship you get has wormhole technology. As does the ship you get for graduating. Granted it isn't very advanced. But they do got it. It just means it would take longer to travel further out. The best option for a new player after graduating is to take the very first ship they got and remove some of the mods.  Leave the cargos in place. Turn it into a science ship. They can leave it parked at earth and it will be fine.  If their interest is mining. They can have their 2nd ship do transport mission to make solars while the science ship gets them research points.  Things they should research first.  Since they want to mine cargo space and engines will be very important. Cargo Space for holding more resources and of course fuel.  Engines being their wormhole gen and ftl techs.  Getting those upgrades means it won't take as long to get further out.  It might take a little while but after a while they will be able to move further out and finally set up some mines/harvesters. As for mining and harvesters levels. Early on that isn't so important. Best for them to just buy the MK 1s from Sol itself.  Just on the off chance someone finds them and destroys them, they can replace them easier.
AdultGamer
Private

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 09, 2013, 12:02:49 PM »

Astro Galaxy
Realistic Space Exploration MMOG

?How can a Game System be Realistic Space Exploration; when, the Space Exploration Science & Technology isn't based on Real Life Sciences & Technologies (aka Modern Day known Sciences & Technologies)?

Answer--It isn't a Realistic Space Exploration Game System; even if, Real Life Astrocharts & Planetology are being used for the Game World.

?Do the Astronomers really know how many, and what type of, Planets are orbiting other Stars?

Answer--No.  The Science & Technology doesn't exist to actually see the Planets orbiting other Stars.  The Astronomer do have the Science & Technology to determine whether, or not, another Star System has 1, or more, Orbiting Planets.
= = = = =
I have played STAR SONATA in which Players can Destroy, or Loot, another Player's Space Station; therefore, I do understand the difference between Destroying something and Looting Something.

I understand both is attacking.  However looting doesn't do near as much as harm as destroying.

Irrelevant to my argument about experienced Players with Wormhole Technology attacking Newbie Players without Wormhole Technology within the Sol Star System.
= = = = =
Realistic =/= Theoretical Speculation

REALISTIC OUTERSPACE FUTURE
Iran will become a Nuclear Power within the next 20 years.  After becoming a Nuclear Power, Iran will be come an Outerspace Power.  Iran will become an Outerspace Power within the next 30 years.

REALISTIC SPECULATION
?As an Outerspace Power, will Iran be involved in Outerspace Terrorism; or, will Iran be engaged in Peaceful Exploration & Commercialization Activities as were the USA Astronauts & USSR Cosmonauts during the 1970s?

REALISTIC FUTURE #1
Iran will be an Outerspace Terrorist Power; in the same manner, that ASTRO GALAXY Players are currently engaged in Pirating Activities.

REALISTIC FUTURE #2
Iran will be a Peaceful Outerspace Power; and, will be working with the USA & ESA & other Outerspace Powers in the Research & Development of Outerspace Sciences & Technologies and Manned Spaceflight Technologies & Protocols.

REALISTIC SPECULATION
International Corporations will engage in Unsafe Outerspace Protocols, resulting in Human Deaths in outerspace and on Luna and on Mars; because, they only care about The Bottom Line (aka Financial Profit at the expense of anything & everything else).

Thus, Earth's Orbital Space Region & Luna's Orbital Space Region & Mars Orbital Space Region will become unflyable due to debris and Man-Made Satellites and Space Stations that are orbiting Earth.

Luna Colonies and Mars Colonies will die because the International Corporations didn't utilize Safe Protocols in the Designing & Construction & Operation of their Mining & Commercial Colonies; as well as, due to Orbital Clutter around Earth & Luna & Mars.

Thus, by the year 2200, Earth Human Outerspace Activities will cease altogether; and, Earth Humans never engage in Manned Spaceflight; and, the Earth Human Species die off on Earth because of Industrial Pollution & Human Overpopulation.

Industrial Pollution causes many other issues like Global Warming/Climate Change (Glacial Melting & Rising Oceanic Waters; and, Illnesses & Diseases from Physical Contact & Environmental Exposure to Toxic Chemicals).

Because International Corporations only care about Financial Profits, international Corporation engage in Environmental Destruction to acquire new resources; and, to establish New Business Sites.

Because international Corporation only care about Financial Profits, Human Health Issues are ignored; and, Earth Humans because increasingly a more sickly Species due to lack of Proper Medical Care & Proper Clothing & Proper Housing & Proper Dieting; because, the Earth Human Masses are denied the Required Financial Resources to survive.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2013, 12:56:19 PM by AdultGamer » Report to moderator   Logged
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 09, 2013, 05:29:05 PM »

?How can a Game System be Realistic Space Exploration; when, the Space Exploration Science & Technology isn't based on Real Life Sciences & Technologies (aka Modern Day known Sciences & Technologies)?

Answer--It isn't a Realistic Space Exploration Game System; even if, Real Life Astrocharts & Planetology are being used for the Game World.

?Do the Astronomers really know how many, and what type of, Planets are orbiting other Stars?

Answer--No.  The Science & Technology doesn't exist to actually see the Planets orbiting other Stars.  The Astronomer do have the Science & Technology to determine whether, or not, another Star System has 1, or more, Orbiting Planets.

This is assuming at some point in the future this technology is available. In which case it is pretty realistic. It ain't perfect. Nothing is. But it is more realistic then a lot of other space games out there.

Irrelevant to my argument about experienced Players with Wormhole Technology attacking Newbie Players without Wormhole Technology within the Sol Star System.

They do have wormhole technology though.

Realistic =/= Theoretical Speculation

REALISTIC OUTERSPACE FUTURE
Iran will become a Nuclear Power within the next 20 years.  After becoming a Nuclear Power, Iran will be come an Outerspace Power.  Iran will become an Outerspace Power within the next 30 years.

REALISTIC SPECULATION
?As an Outerspace Power, will Iran be involved in Outerspace Terrorism; or, will Iran be engaged in Peaceful Exploration & Commercialization Activities as were the USA Astronauts & USSR Cosmonauts during the 1970s?

REALISTIC FUTURE #1
Iran will be an Outerspace Terrorist Power; in the same manner, that ASTRO GALAXY Players are currently engaged in Pirating Activities.

REALISTIC FUTURE #2
Iran will be a Peaceful Outerspace Power; and, will be working with the USA & ESA & other Outerspace Powers in the Research & Development of Outerspace Sciences & Technologies and Manned Spaceflight Technologies & Protocols.

REALISTIC SPECULATION
International Corporations will engage in Unsafe Outerspace Protocols, resulting in Human Deaths in outerspace and on Luna and on Mars; because, they only care about The Bottom Line (aka Financial Profit at the expense of anything & everything else).

Thus, Earth's Orbital Space Region & Luna's Orbital Space Region & Mars Orbital Space Region will become unflyable due to debris and Man-Made Satellites and Space Stations that are orbiting Earth.

Luna Colonies and Mars Colonies will die because the International Corporations didn't utilize Safe Protocols in the Designing & Construction & Operation of their Mining & Commercial Colonies; as well as, due to Orbital Clutter around Earth & Luna & Mars.

Thus, by the year 2200, Earth Human Outerspace Activities will cease altogether; and, Earth Humans never engage in Manned Spaceflight; and, the Earth Human Species die off on Earth because of Industrial Pollution & Human Overpopulation.

Industrial Pollution causes many other issues like Global Warming/Climate Change (Glacial Melting & Rising Oceanic Waters; and, Illnesses & Diseases from Physical Contact & Environmental Exposure to Toxic Chemicals).

Because International Corporations only care about Financial Profits, international Corporation engage in Environmental Destruction to acquire new resources; and, to establish New Business Sites.

Because international Corporation only care about Financial Profits, Human Health Issues are ignored; and, Earth Humans because increasingly a more sickly Species due to lack of Proper Medical Care & Proper Clothing & Proper Housing & Proper Dieting; because, the Earth Human Masses are denied the Required Financial Resources to survive.

This with countries is assuming there are even separate governments even on Earth at this period of time in the game. From the sound of things it seems like they have a single planetary government.  I do agree with you on the debris thing though.  I think perhaps debris should be able to be left from object destroyed in space and it be possible to pick up that said debris. That said there is some debris that is indeed collected. When you blow up station/mines/harvesters you do collect a portion of the debris from the modules that were destroyed.

Now if you are done criticizing the game for not being perfect I think we can just end this conversation.
Matamaure001
Staff Sergeant

An empire builder

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 10, 2013, 12:34:37 AM »

This is my thinking as a geologist and a teacher of mining technologies:

At one point in our future it will be more economical to mine in outher space (asteroid, moons...) than to mine on earth. There is much much more ressources out there than on earth. For this reason, it is sure that we will explore space. We only need better tools & technologies to get to space and come back to earth. The road to space is only much longer than I hoped 40 years ago.

On an other subject: human species survival. If we learn to terraform and colonize mars, our specie will reside on 2 planets, if one is destyroyed by a catastropy humanity will still survive. If we learn terraforming, we will be able to colonize other planets also.

For me, space conquest is the next big humanity chalenge, like was the americas conquest 500 years ago. It may take that long for the conquest our solar system and maybe as long to go to the first stars.

Just ideas for fun, nobody knows the future (Where are the aliens lol)
sargas
« Reply #28 on: July 10, 2013, 02:12:49 AM »

Watch the skies...
Pages: 1 [2]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: