Astro Galaxy - a realistic space exploration game
  April 23, 2024, 03:43:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Bug with COM mission attacks  (Read 3506 times)
morbius
Private

View Profile
« on: March 27, 2013, 10:34:08 PM »

Twice in a roll, i've engaged pirate hijackers and won, but on returning to "talk" to the crew and claim my reward; i've found that the mission has reset and i have to attack all over again. I discussed with my corp mates and one has also been having the same problem. Appreciate you looking into this please.
Report to moderator   Logged
sargas
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2013, 12:37:39 AM »

I have been having the same situation.  The results are ATTACKER VICTORY but the ship doesn't make an emergency jump and you have to fight them again (with them having a lower power rating).  A lot of times, I only have to fire one more shot to jump them and get the reward.  I feel it's because of the dodge tactic the NPC uses.  I find that by powering down before accepting the mission and then powering up to resolve it helps stop the two fights to defeat them. 
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2013, 01:59:07 AM »

It isn't a bug. Techniquely you won the battle but the ship never jumped. So it was more of a draw. At least to me. You have to make them jump to complete the COM mission.  I have run into this quite a few times. Mostly with ships that have armor. Luckily the damage done to it before remains in the next battle.  But it is annoying.
Aysle
Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2013, 03:22:17 AM »

Ive gotten this alot lately as well since the changes...

Its a combination of the NPC dodge and the new laser/rail bonus/penalty.

If you read at the bottom of the attack report the "Objective" is actually easy to accomplish that makes the attacker win.

"Objective: Destroy 10% or more of the enemy while losing less % then the enemy."

But with coms missions and any other battle that matters you need 100% destruction. So I think its a matter of the game just needs to drop that "Objective" line and call it a draw if you dont kick arse or get your arse kicked.
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: