Astro Galaxy - a realistic space exploration game
  April 19, 2024, 02:48:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: IMG News 4/4/2013  (Read 4272 times)
Aysle
Corporal

View Profile
« on: April 05, 2013, 04:52:58 AM »

Today I bring you this delayed news report of an engagement between IMG's Corp 'Pea Shooter' and a vermin infestation at system IUI 19012. As the war effort has slowed down small skirmishes seem to be the highlight of the week.

Reporter: Capt. Aysle I see that your ship didn't force the enemy to jump. What do you have to say about this.

Aysle: Razor is part of our new Corp Battlegroup equipped to take advantage of the new changes in combat. The ship is still being constructed and optimized for the best build out. It has been purpose built to fight small Pirate raiding ships. As Capt Bob's ship was very close to the ships power it was a partial draw in the ship to ship battle. By partial I mean that the enemy lost 70% of its defenses while we only lost 38% - none of which was armor.

Reporter: So then we will see many repeats of these 'draw' battles?

Aysle: Not at all. The ship simply came across the enemy during combat trials and engaged. The weapons & shields are no where near the intended power and the next engagement we will see a totally different result.

Reporter: I see that the planet was raided and you captured a few mining modules, what use will you have for them?

Aysle: They have already been re-purposed to aid the build out of our Sol Pirate Defense Force. IMG has recently been contacted by other corps about the slaughter of their low power ships while performing colonist missions. A certain pirate has already driven a couple of new Captains from their command. We here at IMG feel that is unacceptable. Raiding is one thing but the wholesale slaughter of new Captains is completely unacceptable. The pirate is quite literally poisoning the well he drinks from.

Reporter: What response can we expect from IMG?

Aysle: Its a bit difficult to defend the ships of another Corp, and as they are low power they do not yet meet our recruitment standards. However we will be maintaining Patrols of Sol system and hope to discourage the pirates in the future by forcing their ships to emergency jump over and over.

Reporter: Well thank you for your time today... It has been interesting, two last questions. Will you name the pirate responsible for the loss of new Captains? And I have heard rumor that this battle had some sentimental meaning to you.

Aysle: As much as I would like to it is not my place. I personally am a bit surprised as I previously thought he was mostly engaged in mining and minor pirating, but it appears he has upped his pirating activity and switched from raiding to destruction.

As for the sentimental meaning, at the start of the war IUI was my home system. I had to move out as Cap Bob had been spotted close by, so its very fitting to engage him in my former system while he was mining my previous location.

S/IUI 19012 Z4

Razor Vs. Sinbad's Folly
Weapons assault
Razor maneuvers into fire range and attacks first.
Razor attacks with Laser Cannon MK VI using standard mode.
Minor hit on target, doing 8741 damage!
Sinbad's Folly attacks with Laser Cannon MK X using standard mode.
Critical hit on target, doing 42208 damage!

Light hit on target, doing 11239 damage!
Sinbad's Folly attacks with Viper Squadron MK XXXIV using standard formation.
Direct hit on target, doing 20877 damage!

Minor hit on target, doing 8492 damage!
Sinbad's Folly attacks with Viper Squadron MK XXXIV using standard formation.
Hit on target, doing 19508 damage!

Direct hit on target, doing 15984 damage!
Sinbad's Folly attacks with Laser Cannon MK VII using standard mode.
Direct hit on target, doing 17205 damage!

Light hit on target, doing 12488 damage!
Sinbad's Folly attacks with Laser Cannon MK VII using standard mode.
Minor hit on target, doing 6383 damage!

Minor hit on target, doing 5744 damage!
Sinbad's Folly attacks with Laser Cannon MK V using standard mode.
The attack missed the target completely!

Sinbad's Folly maneuvers into fire range and attacks first.
Sinbad's Folly attacks with Laser Cannon MK V using standard mode.
Target dodged the incoming attack!
Razor attacks with Railgun Battery MK I using standard mode.
Critical hit on target, doing 27528 damage!

Sinbad's Folly attacks with Railgun Battery MK I using standard mode.
Minor hit on target, doing 5328 damage!

Sinbad's Folly attacks with Railgun Battery MK I using standard mode.
Hit on target, doing 11988 damage!

Sinbad's Folly attacks with Laser Cannon MK IV using standard mode.
Hit on target, doing 10878 damage!

Sinbad's Folly attacks with Laser Cannon MK III using standard mode.
Light hit on target, doing 7160 damage!

Direct hit on target, doing 10323 damage!

Minor hit on target, doing 5328 damage!

Excellent hit on target, doing 15318 damage!

Boarding assault
Razor maneuvers into boarding range first.
Razor sending Marines Assault Unit to find a boarding spot.
The boarding party found an area and sabotaged it, doing 72833 damage!
Sinbad's Folly sending Marines Assault Unit MK XX to find a boarding spot.
The boarding party found an area and sabotaged it, doing 20010 damage!

Sinbad's Folly maneuvers into boarding range first.
Sinbad's Folly sending Marines Assault Unit MK XIII to find a boarding spot.
The boarding party found an area and sabotaged it, doing 4820 damage!
Razor sending Marines Assault Unit to find a boarding spot.
The boarding party found an area and sabotaged it, doing 52290 damage!
Target shield is down!

Sinbad's Folly maneuvers into boarding range first.
Sinbad's Folly sending Marines Assault Unit MK XXIII to find a boarding spot.
The boarding party found an area and sabotaged it, doing 0 damage!

Razor maneuvers into boarding range first.
Razor sending trained personnel to find a boarding spot.
The boarding party found an area and sabotaged it, doing 5478 damage!
Sinbad's Folly sending trained personnel to find a boarding spot.
The boarding party found an area and sabotaged it, doing 32516 damage!

Razor Vs. Capt_Bob planetary force
Ground assault
Razor maneuvers into landing range first.
Razor sending Marines Assault Unit to find a landing spot.
The landing party found an area and sabotaged it, doing 77813 damage!
Capt_Bob planetary force has been defeated!
Atmospheric harvester Mk XV was destroyed.
24 m3 Gold, 37 m3 Tin, 177 m3 Copper was found in the wreckage.
Adv Mining facility Mk VII was captured by the attacker.
Adv Mining facility Mk VI was destroyed.
48 m3 Cobalt, 44 m3 Platinum, 88 m3 Methane was found in the wreckage.
Adv Mining facility Mk XI was destroyed.
90 m3 Cobalt, 53 m3 Platinum, 306 m3 Methane was found in the wreckage.
Adv Atmospheric harvester Mk X was captured by the attacker.
Razor captured a group of 400 enemy personnel during the fight.

Objective: Destroy 10% or more of the enemy while losing less % then the enemy.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2013, 05:02:30 AM by Aysle » Report to moderator   Logged
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2013, 08:50:44 AM »

Nice hit.  Bob had informed us that he had ran low on fuel and was doing some emergency mining.  He made the mistake of going offline.  These things do happen though. So nice job on the hit in this long drawn out war that seems to be going nowhere. lol.
Report to moderator   Logged
Dadds
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2013, 04:48:07 PM »

*****OFFICIAL PRESS RELEASE FROM THE COMMAND OF [IMG]*****
Like the "100 year war" from our ancient Earth histories, while the war "seems" to be going nowhere, expect to see a sudden spike in results and combats in a cyclic pattern over the course of the conflict.
As all our viewers can see for themselves, we at IMG are rated as underdogs as far as pure power goes, however we have grown some teeth and have our best strategists working on combat buildouts,  corporation ship deployments and scouting efforts to help reduce the wanton destruction of our fellow mining corporations from the Sol System. Yes, the day to day grind of preparing for a conflict can be tedious weeks of seemingly never ending constructs, but every day that one of our people are kept safe and out of conflict is a win to our way of life. Too soon will the bloodshed start unabated, and many worlds and homes will suffer as a consequence. I do not hurry that day to arrive! All we can hope for is that we prepare ourselves much more efficiently than the enemy to minimize the loss and suffering of civilian life from both camps.

"Our endeavor as a corporation was to leave our system of origin, Sol, to strike out and make a new life for ourselves, independent of our homeworld. We cannot, however, turn our backs on our kindred, to see them slaughtered as we ourselves were almost a victim to.
I personally realize now, as founder of our corporation, that we will never be able to turn our backs fully on our past and can no longer ignore the suffering of innocents."
With that in mind, and with a healthy build up of our military arm, we are able to present a larger presence in our homeworld system Sol and will be more vigilant with our defense of the space around quadrant 0,0. All those who need assistance and call for aid will be helped as needed. At the very least, with IMG back in town, it will give PMI and PKRL, or any of their allies, a little bit more to think about before deploying their mercenaries

"That is all for now, i am Captain Dadds, founder of corporation Independent Miners Guild, and defender for the innocent"

Reporter 1: Capt Dadds, with this statement, can we expect to see you involve yourself personally in conflicts against the pirate menace? Reports say that you have withdrawn from the battlefield and some say that maybe you dont have the "fortitude" to continue your policy against the pirate threat"

Reporter 2: Please Sir, Captain Dadds, what response do you have for these latest skirmishes? I see that your corporation sometimes win one, sometimes lose one, but never a decisive victory. Are these battles just a pretense to seem like you are actively doing something when in fact the pirates run free and now even choose to destroy their victims, rather than raid them?"

Reporter 3: Capt Dadds, the people want to know, "Why havent we heard from you for so long?" You made bold statements to end the piracy and then practically vanished from public life. Are you afraid you have chosen a task too difficult to complete? Where they just words of bravado?

[IMG ADJUTANT]: No questions please, Capt Dadds is not taking any questions at this time...please, if you can all remain seated... PLEASE! I must insist....

Capt Dadds: It's ok Lieutenant, stand down. I will respond to these few questions only.

"You there, first reporter, you ask if i will be personally involved. From the moment I declared a new Corporation i have been personally involved in this conflict. Naturally as my duties of command increase, my ability to be in the field decreases. Even answering and releasing news to the public takes time and takes me from the field. My "dogs of war" are more than capable of carrying our banner with pride and honor when the conflicts arise. As for "the fortitude" I have never strayed from the path I chose and should it be necessary to take to the field, when the time comes, you can rest assured you will see the flagship leading the war effort."

"OK you next, number 2. I am pleased with the current operations that my members are carrying out. They are starting to hurt the enemy in the back pocket by removing their ability to mine and operate freely. Yes, these combats are just "skirmishes" at present. Faced with the daunting task of finding substantial holdings of the pirates is an ongoing "quest for the holy grail" as it may seem at times, is ongoing. For the meantime, the skirmishes allow us to flex some muscle, do some real combat training and gather intelligence while engaging. "
"You are right, we have allowed the pirates to run free in our own backyard so to speak. There are no real excuses for a lapse of vigilance, except to say 2 things. We have been fully focused on building our defenses to better combat the ever present pirate problem, and intel failed to correctly identify that there had been a change to the operations of certain pirates within the Sol system group. It was assured to us through sources that raids and mining was the policy of PMI in particular, so it came as a surprise to me to find that they prefer to exterminate any new-formed corps. Perhaps they dont want to let another "IMG Style" of corporation get a good foothold as we have. Who can say why their policy switch happened? All i can say is we are  now aware of it and will bring the individuals to justice, or what equates to justice in these bad times."

To respond to the last question, it is as i said to my first question. Early on in the conflict, the war was based on words. The time for talking was then, and with that time now over, its time for action. The war of words is at an end. As commander of our fleet and policy, i now have had to sit back and observe, listen and make decisions for others to fulfill. Sometimes tough decisions. I miss the days where i can focus only on my own concerns and ambitions. I havent retreated from my stance or my tasks. The task to reduce the piracy threat from an organised and possibly politically positioned group is indeed a difficult task, but all tasks worth doing should be challenging. You mention being "afraid" and showing "bravado" well these are human qualities that we must embrace. To show defiance in the face of a superior positioned enemy is an act of bravado, but one that is not beyond our capabilities of achieving. We stand defiant, and we stand on our promise to reduce the threat to this pirate menace. That is all for now"

First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2013, 05:18:32 PM »

None of us in PMI have been targeting new corps.  The only Corp I went after that was weaker that I attacked on site besides you guys after the war broke out was PP. Also known as the Pirate Police. Not really sure if they are around or not.  I went after them because of their name. Those in it at the time weren't trying hard to get big and kept trying to set up stations in the asteroid belt. Considering they thought themselves the police of the pirates I felt that was an invitation for people to attack them. Though I didn't actively seek them out. Just went after them when I happened to run across them.  I personally haven't raided in at least 2 weeks. Last sat my PC's power supply went out. I have been having to use a crappy backup PC. I haven't been doing much at all in the game since that happened.  I haven't heard about anyone else in PMI actively raiding others at the moment either.  Though if someone is causing unneeded destruction and purposely targeting smaller corps I would like to hear about it so I can deal with the issue myself.  PMI is not out to destroy lesser corps. Nor do I really want people attacking to just destroy stuff. When I attack people in Sol it is either for some small profit or to try to teach them a lesson. I usually won't capture/destroy mines though. Science labs and stations I have been known to occasionally blow up. Sometimes for a little profit, sometimes to try to teach them it isn't a good idea to set that stuff up there.  Anymore though, even that stuff hasn't really been worth doing. I am considering actually not letting our members raid in Sol so the newbies there have more of a chance. Though I still need to put that to a vote with the division leaders before anything is decided on.
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: