Astro Galaxy - a realistic space exploration game
  March 28, 2024, 04:33:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Secret / hidden modules  (Read 9853 times)
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« on: April 12, 2013, 09:49:20 AM »

The modules below are in development, to be found in derelicts near black holes, inside worm holes, archeological sites etc.

These module can not be manufactured, just found in secret missions / locations. Different mark levels.

Description / bonuses subject to change / balance during development and will be updated here.

- Safety override: Illegal module developed by pirates. Enables control of emergency jumps setting when hull integrity has been compromised. Set emergency jump when ship personnel at 5% min to 75% max.

- Crematorium: Illegal module developed by pirates. Can convert prisoners of war or personnel into Fuel Cells. 1 m3 personnel into 1 m3 Fuel Cells / hour. 100 input max Load, 100 max Unload.

- Alien power cell: An alien device, it produces energy each hour, that can be harvested into Fuel Cells when installed on a ship. 1 m3 energy / hour at Mk I, 100 max, unload.

- Alien cloning device: A very strange cloning chamber where personnel can be cloned at an extremely fast pace and brought to any age. +1 personnel / hour, 100 max, unload.

- Alien nano-repair: An alien device that can attach itself to a damaged armor plate module and repair it without using any materials.

- Alien cloaking device: An advanced alien cloaking field that can hide a ship from all sensors. Adds +1% dodge at Mk I. (Replaces the dodge matrix)

- Alien graviton shield: An alien shielding device that uses quantum technology. +10000 shield power at Mk I.

- Alien gamma ray: A strange alien beam weapon that projects focused radiation that is most destructive against shields. +5000 attack power at MK I, +250% efficiency against shields.

- Alien gravity laser: Alien weapon designed to propagate and intensify gravitation waves that can rip armor plates apart. +5000 attack power, +250% efficiency against armor.

- Alien ripple gun: A destructive alien weapon that creates ripples in space and time, sucking in any matter that is caught in between the folded space. Impossible to dodge / evade. +10000 attack power, always hits / negates target dodge bonus.

- Alien matter converter: A very peculiar device. It can convert a resource into another resource. 5000 Input / Output capacity.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2015, 09:23:06 AM by SirEmi » Report to moderator   Logged

sargas
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2013, 12:30:52 PM »

Crematorium - finally, a way to get some use out of POW's... 1
Report to moderator   Logged
GoodPerson
Private First Class

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2013, 08:54:39 AM »

I can't stop lol about that crematorium
That's extremely creative!! xD

35 + 3 + 42 = 100
Want a proof?
Try manufacture FTL Drive mk 1

Before knowing this, i always thought mass won't change no matter what you do......
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2013, 09:53:09 AM »

I will be putting a crematorium on a station and set it up as a prison station. When we need to come back to earth for fuel, just stop off there and make me some lol.
sargas
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2013, 11:07:05 AM »

I was thinking the same thing, JJ...

Iffen y'all remember, I have been after the ability to convert excesss personnel to fuel from the getgo...
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2013, 11:23:15 PM »

Rare modules will be upgradable by reverse-engineering / merging of modules.

For example, to get MK II, you will use an MK I to upgrade another MK I, resulting in an MK II module.

If you have an MK X and an MK V, the result will be X+V = MK XV

Both modules to be upgraded need to be of same type, and the result is a single module of higher mark.

sargas
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2013, 11:50:15 PM »

thanks Emi, that is what I was trying to figgur out...
sauron
Private First Class

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2013, 02:24:35 PM »

a suggestion :
I was thinking about a replicator: a module that can replicate another module.
I saw 2 possible versions:
1. when you have a module in cargo bay + needed resources  + replicator, you can create a new module. MK max that of the replicator.
replication time is always 3hrs.

2. when you have a module in cargo bay + needed resources +replicator, you can create an identical copy, even MK module greater than MK replicator. in this case time would vary ( something like 3 times difference in mk levels?)

advantages:
could act as an additional factory bay
your own science level doesn't matter, only of the modules

just a brainfarth ;)
S.
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2013, 03:08:21 PM »

a suggestion :
I was thinking about a replicator: a module that can replicate another module.
I saw 2 possible versions:
1. when you have a module in cargo bay + needed resources  + replicator, you can create a new module. MK max that of the replicator.
replication time is always 3hrs.

2. when you have a module in cargo bay + needed resources +replicator, you can create an identical copy, even MK module greater than MK replicator. in this case time would vary ( something like 3 times difference in mk levels?)

advantages:
could act as an additional factory bay
your own science level doesn't matter, only of the modules

just a brainfarth ;)
S.

Sounds like something the aliens would have  laugh

sauron
Private First Class

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2013, 04:34:41 AM »

scary, you're reading my mind..  16
Dadds
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2013, 03:00:42 PM »

Is this to be achieved as a Sol Manufacturing Station Option? Or is there a |merge option in ships cargo bay to achieve this?

« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2013, 04:59:02 PM »

I think you need to bring two together first, then look for the 'merge switch'...
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2013, 11:07:28 PM »

Is this to be achieved as a Sol Manufacturing Station Option? Or is there a |merge option in ships cargo bay to achieve this?

There will be an update soon, and there will be an option in the manufacture screen of the ship.
There may also be a link like [Install][Upgrade] next to the module in the cargo bay.

So keep all modules you loot, you will be able to start manufacture / upgrade task on them to upgrade it to a higher mark.

Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: