Astro Galaxy - a realistic space exploration game
  April 23, 2024, 05:06:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Stations in orbit limit  (Read 24324 times)
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« on: April 16, 2013, 12:36:30 AM »

Emi I have a question.  How is the limit on the number of stations around a planet/moon/asteroid belt determined?
Report to moderator   Logged
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2013, 04:01:03 PM »

It's a fixed amount of station slots, 9 for planets and 4 for the moons.

JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2013, 04:03:08 PM »

I see.  Could I make a suggestion? Perhaps adjust the slots so that it depends on the size of the planet/moon/asteroid. It would make sense if larger planets could have more space stations in orbit then smaller ones.
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2013, 04:13:12 PM »

Yeah it's something that could be implemented in the future. I'm also planning on other space structures so there's definitely room for improvement.

JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2013, 04:15:51 PM »

Indeed if more structures are going to be able to be made then changes need to be made lol.  Hell when you think of it, look at all the satellites and stuff around Earth. I bet it could hold a lot of stations lol
sargas
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2013, 07:34:30 PM »

hmmm, maybe with enough stations in place, we can build a Dyson Sphere (or Ringworld)...
morbius
Private

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2013, 09:18:54 PM »

Structures? What other kinds of structure Sir Emi?
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2013, 09:29:29 AM »

Structures? What other kinds of structure Sir Emi?

Well I have a few ideas that will be posted in Projects in development, mostly support structures, maybe manufacturing arrays that will use orbital station materials to make modules...

I know SOL Corp is working on a warp gate that will link two colonized SOL systems... It's likely those warp gates will only be available for SOL and will link distant quadrants... From I gathered, so far only the local group has been explored in quadrants -4,-4 to 4,4 but they sent an expedition on a farther away quadrant toward some unknown stars... by far I mean at least towards quadrant 10+, it seems there's a point of interest out there, who knows what they'll find, but they want to link those far away points with the warp gate.

It seems this warp gate technology doesn't work so well at close range, it maintains a stable wormhole between two points in space, but if the origin and destination points are too close, it may twist space on itself and destroy the two gates...

« Last Edit: April 17, 2013, 09:45:11 AM by SirEmi » Report to moderator   Logged

sargas
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2013, 09:45:23 PM »

I am liking this...
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2013, 12:41:21 AM »

I guess this means it won't just be empty void then like it is now cause all that is out that way is empty void right now. lol
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2013, 08:31:25 AM »

I guess this means it won't just be empty void then like it is now cause all that is out that way is empty void right now. lol

Yes, there will be pockets of stars, quadrants clustered together, connected with a warp gate. The -4,-4 to 4,4 is the local group of stars.

meyyo
Private

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2013, 01:09:24 PM »

Could anybody explain me how to destroy my space stations I built all around the sol? I'm just newcomer and did not get at first how to use these stations properly 10 And now I'm trying to annihilate them but there are no any options to take modules back to the ship or to destroy station... this is stupid enough I know. But why it's so complicate to destroy your own station? I don't want to buy new licenses, I just want to use my licenses more rational...
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2013, 02:02:58 PM »

You must first remove all the modules on the station. You do this by scooping them up with a ship that has the empty module spaces. Once that is done you pack up the station. This is all really something you should have learned from the tutorial.  Still if you would like, I could just blow them up for you.  Since they are in the Sol System I would  need your approval and possibly the approval of the rest of the GC.  If you want them destroyed post a request on the GC part of the board. If the rest of the GC approves, I will blow them up for you.
meyyo
Private

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2013, 03:46:24 PM »

You must first remove all the modules on the station. You do this by scooping them up with a ship that has the empty module spaces. Once that is done you pack up the station. This is all really something you should have learned from the tutorial.  Still if you would like, I could just blow them up for you.  Since they are in the Sol System I would  need your approval and possibly the approval of the rest of the GC.  If you want them destroyed post a request on the GC part of the board. If the rest of the GC approves, I will blow them up for you.

Oh! it's great, JamJulLison! Please blow them to hell!

1. Sirius->Zeta Sirius
2. Epsilon Eridani->Zeta Epsilon Eridani
3. GJ 674->S/GJ 674 Z1

As to "a request on the GC part of the board" - i just don't know where I should write? Maybe you could just refer to my request?
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2013, 04:38:38 PM »

Right here for non-member request.

http://forum.astro-galaxy.com/index.php/board,60.0.html

Though since they aren't in the Sol System itself.  I don't think a request will be needed.  I will have a ship sent to these areas shortly.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: