Astro Galaxy - a realistic space exploration game
  April 25, 2024, 08:17:52 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Science Modules on Corp Ships  (Read 7504 times)
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« on: April 19, 2013, 10:29:42 PM »

Our corp just recently noticed after testing out a science modules on a corp ship that when it is switched to someone else, they don't receive any of the research points from the module.
Report to moderator   Logged
morbius
Private

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2013, 10:46:19 PM »

Are you saying that the Research Points go to whoever is controlling the Corp ship at the time ?
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2013, 11:00:06 PM »

I am saying they don't. Mata put a high level one on a corp ship to test it.  Sargas tried it overnight after taking command and then I have tried it all day today after taking command.. No increase on research points.
Aysle
Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2013, 11:01:29 PM »

We have confirmed this to. Its not just science modules though. Its miners that have been manned by someone else as well.  I have a thread on it about module ownership.

Mods on corp ships just dont transfer well to other players right now
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2013, 11:02:44 PM »

We have confirmed this to. Its not just science modules though. Its miners that have been manned by someone else as well.  I have a thread on it about module ownership.

Mods on corp ships just dont transfer well to other players right now

I knew it on the mines and modules you put on planets/moons. But no one had tested science modules yet on a ship itself until now. So the idea for a Corp Science ship is on hold for now.
Aysle
Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2013, 11:04:16 PM »

The unequip / reequip fix method for miners/atmos doesnt work for science modules either which is very odd
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2013, 11:16:00 PM »

That is pretty odd. Did you try unequipping and sending the modules to another one of your ships?
Aysle
Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2013, 12:34:43 AM »

No we gave up at that point... With 98 mods on the ship moving everyone to LQs then to cargo then back etc would just be way to tedious for the ship as it is now. Besides the LQs needed to hold 73,500 people would waste valuable space to.
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2013, 03:55:09 AM »

It wouldn't hurt to test it a single module though. See just how far this bug goes.
GoodPerson
Private First Class

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2013, 07:21:07 PM »

I also get this problem when giving my members a ship with adv MIF
I gave him corp ship that already equipped with MIF. When he deploy the MIF to a planet, the game still recognise me as the owner
How to fix : unequip the modules and then tell the person who wants to own the modules to equip it themself
The system recognise the owner as someone who equip the modules

35 + 3 + 42 = 100
Want a proof?
Try manufacture FTL Drive mk 1

Before knowing this, i always thought mass won't change no matter what you do......
sargas
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2013, 09:03:45 PM »

that would be ok for a mine or two, but try to use that technique on a corp science ship with 50+ science labs.

...don't get me wrong, it's a way around the 'bug' and  therefore is useful until it's fixed...
« Last Edit: April 20, 2013, 09:22:24 PM by sargas » Report to moderator   Logged
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2013, 10:25:50 PM »

I also get this problem when giving my members a ship with adv MIF
I gave him corp ship that already equipped with MIF. When he deploy the MIF to a planet, the game still recognise me as the owner
How to fix : unequip the modules and then tell the person who wants to own the modules to equip it themself
The system recognise the owner as someone who equip the modules

It really isn't worth that much effort.
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2013, 09:38:38 AM »

This is now FIXED

Details:

When assigning new captain ownership over the corporation ship, the modules on the corp ship will also inherit the new ownership.
This enables the new captain to receive any science RP or deploy any mining facilities, have ownership on all the ship's modules, even if he did not buy / install those modules himself.

Thank you for explaining the matter in detail, it helps identify the issue faster.

You do not need to re-assign ownership to existing corp ships, the fix has also updated existing corp ship captains ownership on the modules on the ship.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2013, 09:40:12 AM by SirEmi » Report to moderator   Logged

JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2013, 07:05:22 PM »

This is now FIXED

Details:

When assigning new captain ownership over the corporation ship, the modules on the corp ship will also inherit the new ownership.
This enables the new captain to receive any science RP or deploy any mining facilities, have ownership on all the ship's modules, even if he did not buy / install those modules himself.

Thank you for explaining the matter in detail, it helps identify the issue faster.

You do not need to re-assign ownership to existing corp ships, the fix has also updated existing corp ship captains ownership on the modules on the ship.

Your welcome and thank you for fixing it.  The reason I try to explain in detail is because i know it helps to identify the cause of the problems. I have beta tested a few games so I know how much that helps. I am glad it could be useful.
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: