Astro Galaxy - a realistic space exploration game
  March 29, 2024, 07:29:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Improved corp recruitment / ingame news feeds  (Read 14274 times)
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« on: May 10, 2013, 11:33:16 AM »

I want to improve how private corporations recruit new members from the SOL Corporation.

To that end a few features will need to be added:

- When viewing the top private corporations, those actively recruiting corps will be highlighted, action will be "View recruitment info" and a page with recruitment pitch / data will open, along with the join request action.

- Corp promoters (with corp promoter permission) will  be able to post a recruitment message in SOL corp board, on behalf of their corporation, from field will show the Corp name. Limited to one message / add every 3 days, and will cost 100k solars (from corp funds) to post.

- AG News can be posted by corp promoters, pending review (for up to 24 hours) and costing 500k solars (corp fund) / news feed. This can also be used to recruit new members or post war reports.

Report to moderator   Logged

JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2013, 02:22:37 PM »

This sounds like a good idea.
sargas
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2013, 08:29:34 PM »

Does this mean that there is no freedom of the press?

Will a press release cost 500 solars?
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2013, 08:09:33 AM »

Does this mean that there is no freedom of the press?

Will a press release cost 500 solars?

Well, there will still be the news feeds from the forum with more detailed info. The thing is not all captains read the forum, so we'll also have ingame news, where corporations will be able to recruit new members directly from within the game.

A degree of review is required to ingame news, as not to abuse the feature.

sargas
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2013, 01:34:22 PM »

So, basically, you are speaking of 'Help-Wanted' recruitment advertising and not the news releases of GUN, IMGNews,  PMINews,  or any other public service news source.

(edit because - well, by now, it's kinda expected...

...sigh...)
« Last Edit: May 11, 2013, 01:41:32 PM by sargas » Report to moderator   Logged
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2013, 02:34:39 PM »

So, basically, you are speaking of 'Help-Wanted' recruitment advertising and not the news releases of GUN, IMGNews,  PMINews,  or any other public service news source.

(edit because - well, by now, it's kinda expected...

...sigh...)

Well I was thinking of general announcements. There will be plenty of news as things get discovered, new stars and locations.

But I'm also thinking that corps will want to promote their corp, or recruit members or post their own news. So that will be possible also...

Jazzbob
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2013, 05:04:15 PM »

Maybe the prize could help avoiding spam there.

Leader
IMPERIAL TRADE ORGANISATION
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2013, 05:10:33 PM »

It is a pretty cheap price too.
Aysle
Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2013, 11:23:53 PM »

The cost is high enough to keep fresh players from spamming away though which eventually would be needed if it was free.
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2013, 11:50:43 PM »

The cost is high enough to keep fresh players from spamming away though which eventually would be needed if it was free.

Very true. Especially since some people would likely be bots or people trying to advertise for other games.
GoodPerson
Private First Class

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2013, 02:59:48 PM »

Very true. Especially since some people would likely be bots or people trying to advertise for other games.

At least the cost should be 50.000 solar
500 solar is d**n cheap, even for new player

35 + 3 + 42 = 100
Want a proof?
Try manufacture FTL Drive mk 1

Before knowing this, i always thought mass won't change no matter what you do......
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2013, 09:51:53 PM »

At least the cost should be 50.000 solar
500 solar is d**n cheap, even for new player

It's 100k (100,000) and 500k (500,000)

Dadds
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2013, 03:01:34 PM »

yeah i am all for promoting corps and presenting a profile. At the moment if you click on "join a corporation" you dont get any information as to who you are joining, what you are joining, and for what reasons you would want to join. Unless you have had previous personal chat with a corp member you have no idea what you are getting yourselves in for. I would like a link from the corporation page to take you to a page giving at least an overview of the corp. Or, as you suggest, allow for a player to preview ingame news items for people searching for something to belong to. There are heaps of [SOL] members out there as a recruiting pool lol

$500k is nothing to a corporation who wants to build his group, i would pay that per week or day even, though i would have to chat with my finance minister before signing off on a daily charge ;)
on that note of a corporate image, most (or lots of) games i have played where you are a corp leader you get to design your emblem and have a corp page to display who you are to others out there. Something which of course costs a lot of (in-game) cash. Even to create a corp normally costs an arm and a leg and also requires sponsors. Active players who agree to sign into the new formed corp for example. We got out very cheaply. you can form a corp of 1 for nothing here, which is probably why we have 14 corps with 1 player in it.
My thoughts are: make it cost to build a corporation so you have genuine corps out there, and not just random rogue elements. For example I see one corp which is sadly rated in the top 5 of corp rankings based solely on personal holdings. To be a corporation you need to actually have a group in my opinion. Cant form a corp without a CEO & company secretary at a minimum lol

Good idea though Sir Emi, make it happen.

Dadds

Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2013, 07:52:29 AM »

Yeah the corps with 1 member will be disbanded two weeks after forming if they failed to gather any more members.

Several warning will be sent prior to disbanding.

Rostin
Sergeant First Class

Conquer the Stars!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2014, 08:12:45 PM »

I saw a "guest" reading this thread and so I checked it out.

These are great ideas!!!

Join the Solar Enterprises corporation today!
Pages: [1] 2
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: