Astro Galaxy - a realistic space exploration game
  April 26, 2024, 04:20:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Galactic Council Charter, item 6  (Read 5763 times)
Dadds
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« on: May 14, 2013, 01:37:34 PM »

Greetings Emissaries to the Galactic Council & its members.

For the first item of discussion since forming the (GC), I would like to open a talk on general administration to the Charter, specifically item 6, which allows for other Corporations to partition to the founding members of the Galactic Council for inclusion into the ranks of member to the GC.
I would like to open debate on the qualifications that Corporation needs to be considered for inclusion into the Council. It should be based of course on Corporate power and I would propose, Corporate numbers also. Please lets quantify these numbers and ratify it into the GC Charter ASAP

Thankyou for your time.
Report to moderator   Logged

First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2013, 04:08:29 PM »

Something to also consider is their standing in the community. You know their reputation. I am sure you would agree with me that there are some that would never be accepted.
sargas
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2013, 07:48:15 PM »

the only requirement for membership in the 'GC' should be activity.  If it is an active corp, then it should be allowed to petition for membership.
Dadds
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2013, 02:22:22 PM »

Agree with Sargas. They should be "allowed" to partition. Agree with JamJul, that not all powerful corps should be allowed into the council. Their deeds will be the judge. Remember, a partition doesnt mean automatic inclusion. We get a personal vote on it as founding Council members. Its in the constitution someplace (too lazy to go look up the charter ref lol)
I will alert Aysle with all your concerns in these matters and vote on a ruling

Private

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2013, 06:03:55 PM »

I also agree with Sargas in that admission should be based on activity. I would also include corp. numbers as a qualifier as "singleton" corps should not be admitted.
GoodPerson
Private First Class

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2013, 04:52:54 AM »

I suggest for each corp. that just entered the GC, their status is only 'watching member'
They can discuss and give their opinion about our decision, but didn't have the right to vote.
They will become 'full member' after two weeks showing their activity.

35 + 3 + 42 = 100
Want a proof?
Try manufacture FTL Drive mk 1

Before knowing this, i always thought mass won't change no matter what you do......
Dadds
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2013, 02:29:02 PM »

i have to disagree with a "proving ground" as suggested by Goodperson. If we accept another corp into the council, then that is a valid inclusion and holds all voting rights upon inclusion.  We still reserve the right to remove or vote a corp out (though much harder to do so) once they are in.
I agree with morbius that a corporation by its very nature must be more than one entity. A power level entry could also be a means to decide on inclusion. For example must have a corp power of 5 million or other arbitrary figure that we decide upon to be considered for inclusion, pretty much as we have for personal inclusion into our corporations.

First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2013, 05:21:13 PM »

i have to disagree with a "proving ground" as suggested by Goodperson. If we accept another corp into the council, then that is a valid inclusion and holds all voting rights upon inclusion.  We still reserve the right to remove or vote a corp out (though much harder to do so) once they are in.
I agree with morbius that a corporation by its very nature must be more than one entity. A power level entry could also be a means to decide on inclusion. For example must have a corp power of 5 million or other arbitrary figure that we decide upon to be considered for inclusion, pretty much as we have for personal inclusion into our corporations.

I have to agree with Dadds on this.  A probationary period isn't right.  Perhaps some power limit to join. Also add in their reputation and how many members they have.
GoodPerson
Private First Class

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2013, 10:10:04 PM »

hmm......
That might better if we put a minimum power limit, but I'll still suggest that when they just join, they will become 'watching member' for two weeks. We will watch their activity in GC then we can decide whether they are suitable or not to become 'full member'

35 + 3 + 42 = 100
Want a proof?
Try manufacture FTL Drive mk 1

Before knowing this, i always thought mass won't change no matter what you do......
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: