Astro Galaxy - a realistic space exploration game
  March 29, 2024, 03:16:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Big update: Manage modules on planets / stations, new Com mission  (Read 13149 times)
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« on: June 12, 2013, 10:49:12 AM »

Lots of new features in this big update, I don't know where to begin 1

Stations:
- you can now move modules internally on a station cargo bay.
- you can install modules from station cargo bay
- you can manage personnel inside the station either remotely or with a docked ships
- there's a new tab in the station menu, named "Modules". This enables module commands just like the ship.

Planet surface:
- you can manage personnel on planet surface
- you can manage other modules, like Crematorium

Other:
- personnel can also be assigned by typing a number in LVQ / MAU manage personnel area. The area is highlighted in blue, where you can type e.g. 33/100 personnel.

New modules:
- two new illegal modules to be discovered, Safety Override and Crematorium
- the Crematorium uses POW or personnel and coverts it into Fuel Cells. Can be installed anywhere on ships, planets, stations to effectively make up prison camps.

The new "Com" mission called "The pirate's nest" sends you to loot / destroy a pirate station guarded by pirates.

Rumor is they are secretly developing the new illegal modules. The mission is different and tactics will be needed to win.
The pirate station has a chance to have an illegal module in cargo bay. Mission reward depends on your combat ship and a difficulty rating.
Reward is part in solars, part in station wrecked modules, part in station cargo loot and secret modules.

The new mission is a treasure hunting mission, interconnected with trade missions. By doing this mission, you you loot Fuel Cells / Medicines can be sold in SoS trading missions, further increasing your profits. Minerals can be converted to Fuel Cells, increasing the exploration range of your ships.

Next scheduled update: CARRIERS!

Have fun 1
« Last Edit: June 12, 2013, 10:51:12 AM by SirEmi » Report to moderator   Logged

JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2013, 07:55:19 PM »

Very nice.  You also forgot to mention you can pick the number of personnel you want in each module too. This will make overnight jumps a lot cheaper on fuel.
Report to moderator   Logged
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2013, 09:56:33 PM »

So far the pirate's nest sucks.  Really lousy pay and so far lousy rewards from the stations themselves.
Aysle
Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2013, 12:24:12 AM »

And the extra time means wasted income...

The pay is a joke though... $200k with a 2mil power ship and a couple thousand fuel/medicines... Plus a little like 100 somewhat ok mats

I also seem to be picking up more pirate nests then the old coms. So far today out of 9 missions only 1 was the old style
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2013, 12:39:34 AM »

And the extra time means wasted income...

The pay is a joke though... $200k with a 2mil power ship and a couple thousand fuel/medicines... Plus a little like 100 somewhat ok mats

I also seem to be picking up more pirate nests then the old coms. So far today out of 9 missions only 1 was the old style

I agree.  These "illegal" mods better be worth it.  Though I haven't seen a single one of them yet. Though I have only completed 1 mission. Looted and then blew it up to complete it. So much time wasted for nothing but crap pay and hardly any good resources.  I just picked up a bunch with our big corp ship though. So far most are nest and most look like that have really crappy pay.
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2013, 06:16:03 AM »

Safety Override MK I is worth 750,000 solars
Crematorium MK I is worth 500,000 solars

Higher marks are worth more and are more useful.

You can find the rare modules from lowest mission power of 60000 and up. Higher missions usually means higher module marks.

The "Pirate's nest" reward is 2x times the mission power, while the reward of "Pirate Hijacker" is also 2x times the mission power.

"Pirate's nest" reward reward is split like this:
- Solars (20%)
- Station cargo loot
- Installed station modules / wreckage loot
- Rare Modules

"Pirate Hijacker" reward is 100% Solars

"Pirate's nest" could be as profitable as "Pirate Hijacker" with the right tactic. You should try a loot attack first, to get rid of guard ships and loot the station cargo, then use a smaller ship to finish off the station. Carriers will help a lot there... A big ship carrying a smaller ship should do it nicely. The medicines / fuel can be sold on other SoS missions. It is extremely important to have enough cargo bay to loot all the goodies from the pirate station. Reaching full cargo bay capacity can waste a lot of potential loot...

The reward for "Pirate's nest" may seem lower, but when you add all the looted minerals / cargo value you will see it adds up to 1.8x the mission rating. The remaining 0.2x is used towards looting rare modules.

I agree it's a bit more work for "Pirate's nest" mission, but you do have the chance to loot rare and expensive modules, many times the mission's pay... like a 10,000,000 solars module from a 500,000 rating mission.

Glancing at the logs, that mission power rating was 733,608, so you should get around 733,608*1.8*0.2 = 264,098 solars reward and rest in minerals / loot.

The approximate mission rating can be viewed when you encounter the station / guards, it's the power of all the pirate ships + station. The merchant does not know the exact power of the pirate force, as he states in the mission talk.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2013, 07:11:52 AM by SirEmi » Report to moderator   Logged

JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2013, 08:03:00 AM »

So far I have completed just one.  But it was not worth it at all.  I looted first.  Got useless crap and a bunch of marines I can't burn alive yet.  I hope these rare mods start showing up soon.  Because if not this is looking like it could be the least profitable missions out there.  I will let you know how the next loot goes.  BTW it isn't really cost efficient to be bringing along a smaller ship to the COMs. That is more fuel we burn up.

Attack times is something we have had a big complain about for a long while now. You try to solve it with speeding up with QP but I have already explained why that was such a bad thing and I still hate it to this day.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2013, 08:06:25 AM by JamJulLison » Report to moderator   Logged
Dadds
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2013, 10:30:32 AM »

i have initiated a couple now. a small one and a large one. Give it some time guys is my advice. rare is just that...dont expect it at the first drop. It would be just too easy. My initial concern was i wasnt getting into any nest combats, just normal hijacks. now that seems to be swinging the other way. i scored in my 1st nest, (loot only), several K of fuel and meds (which is handy to keep those sos clear without heading back to sol) plus 99 uranium (not bad. another nuke in the making) and several thousand POW's (sure no furnace to burn them at yet, but plenty of marine space in my ships to accommodate)

I cam here to ask the question" what is better, loot first, then destroy? " but that was already answered. Seems i guessed correctly first time out, though the timers are huge. Luckily i already had some small ships working in conjunction with a large ship so that after the looting, the small ship moves in to blow the station in a short time. Bring on carriers, my fleet are being trained for such an event and should be veteran by the time it is introduced.

Nice concept with the upgrade Sir Emi, lets see how it pans out over time. Dadds ,out.

First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2013, 02:01:13 PM »

My concern though is that the pay is too low to make the time spent doing this even worth it.  With what I am making on hijacks compared to this so far no it isn't. But I am going to give it a fair chance. But so far I can't see it being worth it unless the "illegal" mods turn out to be really good. The smaller ship idea wouldn't be bad if I wasn't the type that didn't like wasting fuel.
Dadds
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2013, 01:53:22 PM »

in my first encounter with a nest, i gathered enough mats (in fact, overfilled my cargo bay) to produce 2 x mk1 crystalline armor for example. That isnt too bad a payoff, plus the sol reward at end. i gathered other building mats besides that. It does need more data input though to call. I may have gotten "lucky" first time with payout, or maybe its the power of the encounter that i got lucky on. total time on counters for loot/destroy? around 16 hours using the 2 vessel scenario of large boat/small boat. (sorta like good cop/bad cop lol)
@ Sir Emi: With the reporting though, its slightly incorrect. The objective is to destroy the pirate nest as i understand it. But, when you engage the nest on loot, at the end of combat it says Attacker Victory, yet the "nest" or station, is still in place. If you talk to your quest giver, you still have to actually destroy the base to get the cash reward (which was the mission). OK may be semantics, as we all loot first for plunder before destruction (i would hope), but it can be a bit confusing. Did i win, or didnt I? I guess the answer to that is "both" lol. I did win the loot, but not the final prize.

First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2013, 07:56:14 PM »

Even with that kind of reward it isn't worth it with the kind of money I am used to getting on missions. Mostly because of the time it takes. In the time it takes to look and then destroy it, you could have done 2 hijackings giving you more profit overall.  Also this new mission is going to force me to throw more cargo space onto my COM ships.  Before hand I could get by with less space.  This is something I plan on working on doing. So far though the results for me for these have not been worth it.
Arctic
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2013, 09:02:57 PM »

These missions just drop too much darn loot. Every fight I do, I can't even loot all the goods because I don't have enough cargo space. It would take me completely redesigning all of my ships (some ships are just too small right now to even make enough cargo available). It's not a bad concept, but I think the ratio between how much you scoop up and how much you get paid needs to be adjusted, otherwise, I'd be running all the way back home after each mission just to sell.
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2013, 09:06:00 PM »

These missions just drop too much darn loot. Every fight I do, I can't even loot all the goods because I don't have enough cargo space. It would take me completely redesigning all of my ships (some ships are just too small right now to even make enough cargo available). It's not a bad concept, but I think the ratio between how much you scoop up and how much you get paid needs to be adjusted, otherwise, I'd be running all the way back home after each mission just to sell.

Only other option is to have a ship with a lot of cargo space tailing it. Though I would rather send ships like that out on SOS missions where I can make big money.
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2013, 07:49:27 AM »

I've looked at the battle reports so far and it's looking good.

Now everything will fall into place with the carriers, when you will be able to get your combat / looting ships into position on the pirate base, loot the stuff then transfer it into the mothership cargo bays or factory ship.

With the lower timers of the loot attack vs. the normal attack for pirate hijacker ships, there is a balance between the two combat missions. Of course both are radically different, and some people may prefer one or the other, you just have to choose witch one you want, send your scout ships to check it out, then get the combat ship into position over the Com signal.

Arctic
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2013, 02:24:34 PM »

SirEmi,

Not sure if I missed this in another post, but do you have a chance of getting rare modules regardless of whether you loot attack or destroy attack? Or do you have to do one or the other to potentially find one?
Pages: [1] 2
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: