Astro Galaxy - a realistic space exploration game
  March 29, 2024, 01:24:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: AG mentoring system  (Read 41334 times)
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« on: June 17, 2013, 10:32:40 AM »

Mentoring in left menu, after Account and before Forum

How it works:

The mentors: Captains above 150k ship power can register as a mentor.

A mentors database is created with a ranking, mentor rating (how many graduates / partial grads at each step), number of disciples.
-> The mentor can open/close incoming disciple requests, so he doesn't get swamped.
-> The mentor has to be active, if he does not login for a week, he loses his disciples to other mentors and incoming disciple request is closed for him.

The disciples are:

When a new player/captain joins AG:
-> a welcome message is sent from SirEmi / AG Support (already implemented)

-> the mentor database is checked, and up to 5 mentor requests are sent to up to 5 random mentors. The first mentor to accept the incoming disciple, gets him. Upon accepting, the disciple is informed of his new mentor and how to communicate with him via an automatic ingame message at the time of the accept from the mentor. At this point the disciple will respond either via ingame message directly to the mentor, or by posting in the mentor / disciple board, in with case the mentor gets a notification similar to the new message blink in the left menu "Mentoring (1)"

-> any captain below 150k ship power can request to be a disciple.

-> the disciple graduation road is as follows: (SEA grad, 50k ship power mark, 150k ship power mark). Each step when completed is marked in the record of each captain. Once completed, there can be no more reward, although the disciple can go below 150k ship power again, and get other mentors. The mentors will see if the disciple has already completed the discipleship in the message they get to accept / reject the new disciple like this:

BEGIN MESSAGE:

A new disciple

Captain #NAME is requesting to be your disciple.

Record: SEA Grad (yes), 50,000 ship power (yes), 150,000 ship power (no)
Captain ship power: 123,457

Do you accept this assignment as a mentor?
[Accept] / [Reject]

END MESSAGE

The mentor can:
-> Remove a disciple, in witch case disciple will be informed by auto-message, and a new mentor request will be sent to 5 other mentors, excluding the old mentor. Maybe someone else wants him 1 The mentor/disciple message board will be transferred to the new mentor as well, so he knows where to pick up.

The disciple can:
-> Choose another mentor, same stuff happens as when the mentor removes the disciple.
-> Abandon discipleship. Disciple is removed from the mentorship and he has to manually request to be a disciple, at witch point he will undergo the random mentor assignment again.
-> the disciple can manually request a new mentor once every 24 hours.

For each disciple, a discussion board is provided, similar to the corp board and the mentor and disciple can open a chat screen similar to the ship to ship hailing. The mentor to disciple discussion board is mainly for Q&A, and like corp board messages older then 14 days will be deleted.

Mentor incentives:
- If the disciple graduates the SEA course, the mentor gets 50 QP (or a rare module / diff type / diff marks)
- If disciple gets to 50k ship power, mentor gets 50 QP (or a rare module / diff type / diff marks)
- If disciple gets to 150k ship power, mentor gets 50 QP (or a rare module / diff type / diff marks)

« Last Edit: June 17, 2013, 10:48:02 AM by SirEmi » Report to moderator   Logged

GoodPerson
Private First Class

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2013, 12:01:20 PM »

I know getting new active player is necessary to maintain this game, but this feature is easily abused.
It's easy, i create a new account on an internet cafe, i use the account to request my real acc. to become a mentor. I open my smartphone and accept it. Because i am the leader of a corp, i just need to assign a corp ship with 150k power to the new account
Alakazam! 100 QP on my hand!

This feature is dangerous, please don't create this feature. It will better if you introduce Alien sooner, it will 'force' us to be active

Once again, I very dislike this idea.
Report to moderator   Logged

35 + 3 + 42 = 100
Want a proof?
Try manufacture FTL Drive mk 1

Before knowing this, i always thought mass won't change no matter what you do......
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2013, 12:46:08 PM »

I know getting new active player is necessary to maintain this game, but this feature is easily abused.
It's easy, i create a new account on an internet cafe, i use the account to request my real acc. to become a mentor. I open my smartphone and accept it. Because i am the leader of a corp, i just need to assign a corp ship with 150k power to the new account
Alakazam! 100 QP on my hand!

This feature is dangerous, please don't create this feature. It will better if you introduce Alien sooner, it will 'force' us to be active

Once again, I very dislike this idea.

It won't be like that. If you read carefully you will see the mentor is selected at random from the mentors database.
The disciple can not select a specific mentor, he can request a mentor once per day / 24 hours or AG requests it automatically for him when he joins the game.

Then, 5 or maybe 3 requests are sent to 5 or 3 random mentors from the database. The chances a request gets to a multi-account is slim, and all accounts are monitored against that kind of abuse. The mentor system will be carefully monitored to ensure a friendly newbie experience and encourage new players to socialize and join an active corporation.

Also, for counting the requirements to achieve each disciple goal, only personal ship power is used, no corp ships.

The goal may also shift to:
SEA grad 30 QP,
3 ship licenses (10 QP),
3 station licenses (5 QP),
7 ship licenses (20 QP),
7 station licenses (10 QP),
10 ship licenses (50 QP),
10 station licenses (25 QP),

I really think we can have an enjoyable mentor / disciple system this way that will benefit both mentor and disciple, while keeping it free of abuse.

This project is just a layout and I haven't decided on where it will go into the priority list yet.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2013, 01:15:35 PM by SirEmi » Report to moderator   Logged

GoodPerson
Private First Class

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2013, 02:38:12 AM »

Hmm...
So new player can only request random mentor?
That sounds good. But i hope aliens come first before this.

35 + 3 + 42 = 100
Want a proof?
Try manufacture FTL Drive mk 1

Before knowing this, i always thought mass won't change no matter what you do......
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2013, 08:52:14 AM »

Hmm...
So new player can only request random mentor?
That sounds good. But i hope aliens come first before this.

They are coming!  wow  laugh

JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2013, 03:23:36 PM »

I like this idea. You can count me in lol
sargas
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2013, 03:43:54 PM »

me too...
Matamaure001
Staff Sergeant

An empire builder

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2013, 07:30:31 PM »

Me too ;)
Rostin
Sergeant First Class

Conquer the Stars!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2014, 02:36:09 AM »

Sorry to revive this old post, but I was just curious. Is this still a potential project and is any work currently being done on it?

Join the Solar Enterprises corporation today!
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2014, 02:38:32 AM »

I have no idea.  It is one I still would like to see added in though.
raphael
Master Sergeant

Victory is certain.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2014, 09:27:19 PM »

Sorry to revive this old post, but I was just curious. Is this still a potential project and is any work currently being done on it?

I don't think so. But if you have questions, just post it on our corp board. I will answer it. 1
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2014, 05:35:03 PM »

Yeah this is still a potential project.

johnnydrinkmeth
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2014, 01:53:33 AM »

In terms of growing the game, i think this would be very useful.  As someone who only recently reactivated their account, it is a bit difficult to get to know and start talking to anyone in game.  Changing this and giving people someone to talk to would be great for both mentor and student.

It probably would convince more people so stick it through the tutorial as well.  If they have someone telling them that jump times will get better etc.
Dadds
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2014, 07:22:50 AM »

a better mentoring and social system (including public viewing in game corp webpages) will help stop all those 1 man corps out there who have the mentality, "if i build it, they will come" They wont.
It will be good to have a post sol academy mentor system (or even a mentor through academy), as well as a way for new members to look at the make up of established corporations and their various stances, team make up and direction/goals.

Sergeant First Class

Conquer the Stars!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2014, 03:50:16 PM »

a better mentoring and social system (including public viewing in game corp webpages) will help stop all those 1 man corps out there who have the mentality, "if i build it, they will come" They wont.
It will be good to have a post sol academy mentor system (or even a mentor through academy), as well as a way for new members to look at the make up of established corporations and their various stances, team make up and direction/goals.

I think that is a great idea. You could even send like, weekly newsletters to Corp leaders letting them know of recent graduates from the academy so that they can try to recruit.

Join the Solar Enterprises corporation today!
Pages: [1] 2
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: