Astro Galaxy - a realistic space exploration game
  April 19, 2024, 09:04:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: SOS missions  (Read 3869 times)
johnnydrinkmeth
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« on: June 26, 2013, 07:10:12 PM »

I'm thinking about finally getting out of sol, what tips do you guys have for SOS (or COM) missions?

I'm really wondering if my cargo bays are big enough to make it economical, and how much, of what, I should carry around with me on my SOS ship.

Thanks for the advice.
Report to moderator   Logged
sargas
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2013, 11:41:50 PM »

what size ship do you have for SOS missions and how much cargo?
how powerful is your ship for COM missions?
Xenephon
Private

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2013, 09:00:46 AM »

For what its worth I have sent one ship out to scout.  It is in the 4 ring now looking for a good base of operations. 

Most of my ships have around 9000 cargo with a Laser Cannon 1, Viper 5, Iridium Armour and 2 Advanced Shield Is.  Not sure what sort of combat mission that might open up, but there is only really one way to find out 1

Xene
sargas
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2013, 08:12:29 PM »

this is one of my ships that is used for SOS missions:

FTL CAB      
WHG CAB CAB CAB  
WHG CAB CAB CAB CAB
FTL CAB CAB CAB LVQ
  CAB CAB CAB CAB
with 90000 cargo space.

my COM ships are larger with ~1000000 power...

for example:

WHG CDR FTL                   
FTL FTL CDR CAB CAB SHG             
WHG CDR CDR CAB MAU SHG MIF MIF         
WHG CDR CAB CAB SHG MAU MAU MAU MAU       
WHG CDR SHG CAB CAB MAU MAU MAU WPN WPN     
WHG CDR SHG CAB SHG   MAU MAU WPN WPN WPN   
  CDR MAU   CAB   LVQ LVQ WPN WPN WPN WPN
  CDR SHG CAB SHG   MAU MAU WPN WPN WPN WPN
  SHG NDS NDS NDS NDS MAU WPN MAU WPN WPN WPN
    SHG EMJO EMJO         WPN WPN WPN
      SHG SHG SHG   WPN ATH WPN WPN WPN
        SHG SHG   
15000 cargo and Total power: 1,636,461
« Last Edit: June 28, 2013, 08:14:47 PM by sargas » Report to moderator   Logged
Dadds
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2013, 01:55:18 PM »

4th ring is a long way out without some sort of support or base of operations. With a slow WHG its also a long way back if you need Sol support (ie fuel, sos refugee missions etc) or just simple upgrading of modules. Comms missions as a rule of thumb (not always the case) can give you in solars around 2x your ship power as an income. If you come across nest missions, then cargo support is going to be crucial, because you will find your comms ships filling up quickly with building mats and no where to stow them, except the deep of space (and a heck of a waste).
If you have a scout ship out there, hopefully she is carrying a station. Plonk it down in a system and work an area. store sos rescue missions until you are ready to return back to sol and cash them in.
The bigger the power of your combat ship, the longer the timer to complete. weigh off power vs time vs income to find best combat balance. Its nice to get a 6m$ solar mission complete, but waiting a day or so for it to time down is a long time between drinks
Not necessarily the only way to play the game, but that basic model work for me. Move out, establish an outpost, mine for some rare mats (profit or fuel), beef up cargo storage, maximize your fuel by doing multiple grouped missions to and from sol and systems.

Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: