Astro Galaxy - a realistic space exploration game
  April 25, 2024, 02:31:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Fleet sorting  (Read 12252 times)
sinaarrgghh
Private

View Profile
« on: July 09, 2013, 10:20:20 AM »

Should be a fairly simple one for you.

Can we add some sort of filtering to the sitrep menu? Ideally we'd be able to add our own designations like SOS, factory or com but even if we could only filter by class or have 5 numbered groups or something this would be helpful.
Report to moderator   Logged
Fenix
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2013, 01:17:42 PM »

Just looking through the older threads because I was going to suggest something, and I rather like this idea, it would really help if I could put all my SoS mission ships at the top of my list so I can check them first without having to scroll through my Combat and Manufacturing ships as well. It would just help to streamline the experience I think.

"Hear me! And if I close my mind in fear, please pry it open.
See me! And if my face becomes sincere beware.
Hold me! And when I start to come undone, stitch me together.
See me! And when you see me strut remind me of what left this outlaw torn..."
Jazzbob
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2013, 02:35:35 PM »

If i see things right the ships are currently sorted alphabetical. So, the most simple solution would be to name your ships the way you want them to be ranked. Corp ships appear last.

But you suggested improvment is a good idea!

Leader
IMPERIAL TRADE ORGANISATION
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2013, 04:08:19 PM »

Jazz they are not sorted alphabetical.  They are sorted in the order they were purchased.
Matamaure001
Staff Sergeant

An empire builder

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2013, 05:06:05 PM »

Good idea sinaarrgghh.
Jazzbob
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2013, 10:40:41 AM »

@ JamJulLison: thank you for making this correct!

Leader
IMPERIAL TRADE ORGANISATION
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2013, 03:56:19 PM »

I do think we need a way to sort fleets though.  Even if it is just alphabetical it would be good. Though I personally would love to be able to rearrange them in any order I would like. lol
Dadds
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2014, 12:45:59 PM »

yeah i for one would love to assign them to a fleet selection since i use fleet ships probably as much or more than anyone else. That assignment though is probably more complex than alphabetical etc. Naming convention as mentioned earlier can help in that sorting of A-Z of course.
All this talk of a dedicated SOS ship? i dont get that one at all. Why have a ship dedicated to just picking up stuff? (well i have one, its called large barge, and its dedication is to pick up everything, mostly my mining mats for market or building at Earth, but also SOS) Any ship can take a detour to pick up stuff. OK if it doesnt carry medicines then that removes one type of SoS that it cant deal with, though most of my nest comms tend to accumulate surplus medicines in their daily routine.
Numbered groups would probably work for me, where i can name my fleet 1 through 6 or something. All ships belonging to fleet 1 would appear first, etc.

First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2014, 04:36:20 PM »

A good SOS ship will have high cargos small size and have the scout ship optimization.  That added with officers and VIP help to minimize fuel usage and jump times. A dedicated SOS ship is used to collect escape pods, sell medicine and sometime sell fuel. Though I only sometimes do the latter if I am in the corners in the outer ring.  It can be a full time job collecting those. It can be worth it though.  My personal SOS ship I use has 50250 cargo space.  Once it is full with escape pods or close to it, I am looking at like 40-50 mil solar. This is not including how much is made from selling medicines.  It is time consuming though and a slower process.  I only use one SOS ship now myself.  I have gone more to the way of COMs. But it is still good to have 1 SOS ship. Even mata has one. With what it takes to keep up with it though it doesn't really have time to be going to do anything else.  It also can take a while to fill up.  For newer players though SOS missions can be great for them.   If they can get between 25-30k cargo space, they are looking at around 18-22 mil solars on the outer ring. In the beginning i used titans with a crap ton of cargo bays on them.  Long gone are the days of that though for me.
Fenix
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2014, 06:31:53 PM »

Indeed, my combat ship has been sitting at Earth for the last... idk 3-4 weeks doing nothing but acting as a 2nd manufacturing ship simply because it can't even come close to the money I get doing SoS missions. It definitely is in bad need of upgrades which I am working on but SoS missions are pretty good for new players and for those of us that haven't quite gotten a decent combat ship put together. Of course with SoS missions there is only so much ground to actually cover so it isn't really worth making a fleet of ships to do those but for me having 3 cargo ships to run laps in the 4th ring is pretty amazing and I can manage not to overlap them too much. I don't really bother waiting for them to fill up though as I like to have a more consistent cash flow and I don't have COM's to rely on for that so I tend to just bring one of them in every couple of days, plus it allows me to continue to upgrade them more often. I'm sure over the next month or two though I will probably convert at least one of them to a COM ship, it's just a matter of saving up the cash I need for all the modules and what not.

Matamaure001
Staff Sergeant

An empire builder

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2014, 08:07:54 PM »

Fenix: at a time I had 6 dedicated SOS ships. They are very cheap to build and can make about 3 millions a day only with escape pod. The only negative aspect is that they need a lot of time. I have keept mine until recently. They have been gradually converted to COM ships only because they need less time. I still have one 1
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2014, 08:14:32 PM »

One mistake people make with COM ships is using armor.  Some to make it pretty might be ok. But shields are better.  I have talked with too many newbies who have trouble making profits on coms because of having to repair their armor.
Fenix
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2014, 03:35:44 PM »

By time I assume you mean time actually spent jumping them from signal to signal as opposed to just time sitting somewhere waiting for a timer lol. They do certainly require more effort to make their money but as I said before, my combat ship can't even come close to the money I make from them right now so yea, effort well worth it lol. I'll definitely keep at least 1 cargo ship running laps in the 4th ring, but as for a 2nd ship... well that depends on how fast my ships become and the additional fuel they consume with that extra speed. If I can have a single ship do an entire lap around the 4th ring in a single day then I don't see much point in having a second ship cover the ground I've already covered. Though I don't think I'll be getting there anytime soon.

Matamaure001
Staff Sergeant

An empire builder

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2014, 03:41:58 PM »

I was taking about a week to make a round trip in ring 4. Well, at the time there was no optimization! 10
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2014, 03:58:15 PM »

By time I assume you mean time actually spent jumping them from signal to signal as opposed to just time sitting somewhere waiting for a timer lol. They do certainly require more effort to make their money but as I said before, my combat ship can't even come close to the money I make from them right now so yea, effort well worth it lol. I'll definitely keep at least 1 cargo ship running laps in the 4th ring, but as for a 2nd ship... well that depends on how fast my ships become and the additional fuel they consume with that extra speed. If I can have a single ship do an entire lap around the 4th ring in a single day then I don't see much point in having a second ship cover the ground I've already covered. Though I don't think I'll be getting there anytime soon.

Send me a copy of your COM ships's stats in an ingame PM and I will look them over for you.  Perhaps there is something I might be able to help you with just design wise.  I can see early on COMs not bringing in as much.  But it can help to do them.  You really shouldn't be taking any losses on them at all.  So if you are I might be able to help you sort out that issue.  The only time these days I take any is if i am doing more them 1 com at a time.  Usually 2 coms is no big deal. 3 and higher, that can be more of a pain lol
Pages: [1] 2
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: