Astro Galaxy - a realistic space exploration game
  April 17, 2024, 08:24:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Ship Hangars / Carriers update  (Read 14096 times)
Aysle
Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2013, 06:59:28 AM »

It seems you can't transfer cargo from the "Motheship" to a docked ship. I just tried it, and it didnt work 10
Report to moderator   Logged
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2013, 07:26:32 AM »

You would think something like that would be possible. Same with personnel transfer.
sargas
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2013, 11:20:27 AM »

Aysle, you must be doing something wrong, I can move carge from the 'mothership' to a ship in the hangar, back again, and between the ships in the hangar bays.

Do you have enough cargo space on the carried ship?  Are the hangar bays large enough to handle the extra mass on the carried ship?
« Last Edit: August 02, 2013, 11:40:54 AM by sargas » Report to moderator   Logged
Aysle
Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2013, 03:18:38 PM »

Duh...it was late and I wasn't thinking...it was a corp mothership with someone else's ship inside of it.
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2013, 05:01:32 PM »

lol that is just too funny.
Dadds
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2013, 04:11:49 PM »

Carrier ability is a high priority because it adds something to aim at, a goal, to have a nice carriers filled with your ships...

Next on the list is space exploration and discovery.
Carrier ability is important if you want to relocate your fleet at minimal cost to fuel at some extravagant ranges. Preliminary tests though seem to show that a carrier can only be a cargo vessel for ships. At the moment there is no combat association with a carrier from what i can figure. If a carrier enters into a combat carrying vessels, i would like to see that those vessels are included in the combat automatically. Sir Emi, i think your view of a carrier is a cargo ship that will deposit combat vessels in a location and then withdraw. The real power of a carrier is to be a powerful vessel in itself with a mass of defences, which include the ability to haul and hold offensive attack ships.
I see where you are working towards, which is to explore the universe as cheap as you can with your ships. Unfortunately, the hangar is so small that it cant pick up an entire fleet unless you spend untold wealth, resources and science to achieve it in its current form. No help for the new members, as BB Goode points out, and of limited worth to the large corps. I was hoping that when i load on a few ships, from different members, and then that carrier engages a target, that all ships will deploy and fight for the carrier. This doesnt happen right now. So for the small savings you make in fuel as a transport vessel of other vessels isnt really worth the cost of the upgrade and the science associated with it.
Just another big waste of space, time and resources until the combat association with carrier is implemented. Perhaps you could have an option check box to auto deploy and engage per loaded vessel so that a fleet admiral can determine which ships are off-loaded for combat, which ships stay carried as support ships.
Dadds

« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2013, 05:41:20 PM »

the jury is still out on that...

I'm still playing with 'carrier' capabilities and am looking at a couple two or three new scenerios...

JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2013, 06:42:43 PM »

I don't even see myself using it in long range exploration in the future.  Yes it can save on fuel cost.  But as you said only those that make lots of solars are going to be able to afford those kinds of ships and when you make those kinds of solars fuel cost isn't much of an issue anyways.  Not to mention COM ships can easily get us more fuel by just doing a pirate's nest. Provided we don't decide to do some quick mining/harvesting with super mines/harvesters. Of course there is the ever so useful diamond as backup fuel. Though it is getting to where the only ships of mine to even use those now are my SOS ships and honestly I wouldn't need them so much if I didn't keep running into fuel SOS missions constantly. lol
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2013, 11:32:17 AM »

A few fixes / improvements to hangars:

- docked ships inherit mothership position and are not in any location until undocked.

- cargo transfers between docked ships in hangar improved. A label informs that the ship is docked and the mothership name. Cargo transfers from docked ships to ships outside are possible, as well as transfers from outside ship to a ship docked inside a mothership, at same location.

- fixed a few issues where sometimes the ships at same location would not appear.
- fixed an issue with docked ships sometimes appearing in preliminary combat analysis or entering combat.

Pages: 1 [2]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: