Astro Galaxy - a realistic space exploration game
  April 25, 2024, 04:06:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: 2. What do you know about me?  (Read 11691 times)
BB Goode
Corporal

I'm somewhere in here...

View Profile
« on: July 25, 2013, 01:28:42 PM »

I moved this here because it did not belong in the July fourth thread. You were right about that.

2. What do you know about me?

Isn't that the  whole point? What I know about you is what I read here and in the Comms. And both of those say that you (and Gargas) are into the violent side of the game. You have both been pirates and you both use(used) lame excuses to justify it, like "training newbies" and "did what I had to do." As a new player, I am more than leery of you both. Not that I don't want to use your input to gain insights to the game, or build positive trade relations with both of you, but I would be looking over my shoulder the whole way because YOU built your reputations on these pages. I didn't do that to you. If you want to know why I feel as I do, just go back and read the last year's worth of stuff in this forum. There are plenty of comments that make it clear (or at least appear clear) that you are into the pirate angle and would(would have) raid anyone you could for fun and profit. I didn't write those things, you did. You all three (Dadds is included here) seem to still debate how you formed your alliance, and who did what when and why.

As I have stated elsewhere, I don't really care about how you play the game. I see that I have 30 days to get it together or get blown to shreds if I wander into the wrong corner of space. (yeah, I know...no such thing) I am good with that. But every single thing I do in getting there, and in those early stages of being without protection,is going to be dictated partly by what the powers that be (you guys) have written here as both guides, and in discussions in which you had no thought about how it would get read days months and years down the road. So, just like I have to figure out who is who, you have to deal with a complete history of your deeds and the reputations that paints. I fully expect one or both of you to "train me" as soon as you can just for challenging you here, and stirring up the hornet's nest. That is just who I am.

The single most important thing, I have seen written, on a personal note, since joining the fray is that Gargas is a 60-something veteran. I am also nearing 60, and am also a veteran. Thank you, Gargas, for you service. That means a lot to me. I was raised by a USMC drill instructor in a family that goes back several generations in the Corp. I am still a member of the Marine Corp League. JamJul calling you "sweet" doesn't jibe with the whole avatar...insanity...giggle thing, though.

I am going to stick around this game for at least a little while. I am attempting to write a book that is not too dissimilar to the game, though colonization of systems is well on its way, and wormholes aren't invented yet, making travel slow. But the frontier nature of the thing is not unlike what is going on here. So I will play, if for no other reason than to simply keep the creative juices flowing, so to speak. (Kvala, if you really are a writer, I would be happy to chat about that in PMs, and even do tit-for-tat story posts somewhere in this forum for everyone's entertainment. Your call.)

So, in the end, I know you to the extent that you have created yourself, here. And then re-created yourself here. It is all any of us can know of each other. It is definitive of the moment. It has lasting, residual echos that linger on like ghosts, haunting your footsteps and refusing to be shaken just because you decide to change your focus as you evolve through the milieu.
Report to moderator   Logged

Starbender Enterprises
Conquering the Universe
One Galaxy at a Time
sargas
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2013, 06:58:59 PM »

well written, and I now understand your reluctance to trust me.

Is my new avatar more suitable (even if I retain the insane giggle or two)?
BB Goode
Corporal

I'm somewhere in here...

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2013, 07:13:18 PM »

Um...
I am not sure it is an improvement.

Starbender Enterprises
Conquering the Universe
One Galaxy at a Time
sargas
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2013, 07:53:39 PM »

lol
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2013, 09:24:13 PM »

I am assuming you have looked at a lot of post from our war days with IMG?  I understand not trusting me. But understand this.  While I on rare occasions still like to raid, I am also a man of my word and I don't stab people in the back.  I won't attack you just because you stirred up the nest.  Though that doesn't mean I might not on one of my rare raids hit you if I happened to see your stuff outside of Sol. Though if that ever happens you will see a ship with around 12-13k power hitting the stuff. Not a giant warship. Only time I power up my raiding ship is when dealing with larger targets or a ship and even then the ship still has it's limits. I probably would never even power it up to full to attack just cause of the attack time. But you probably have nothing to worry about anyways since I don't have any plans of performing any raids in the near future. Also if you need any advice feel free to ask.

BTW on the subject of not trusting people.  If the player Scion ever returns to the game don't trust him at all. When he left us he sold information about our fleet and stuff to IMG for modules.  I understood him not being happy in our Corp and then leaving but what he did was betray me.  I had thought he was a friend but I was wrong.  Also I don't really trust most of the people on here either but I do try to give some of them the benefit of the doubt. At least until they show me they can either be trusted or not trusted.
BB Goode
Corporal

I'm somewhere in here...

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2013, 10:54:06 PM »

Fair enough.

Starbender Enterprises
Conquering the Universe
One Galaxy at a Time
kvala
Private

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2013, 12:51:34 AM »

Good to know there is another writer among us 1
Unfortunately, I'm not a English native, so I'm not writing in English... Nevertheless, I can translate you in my native language (which is Romanian). Years ago I translated John Scalzi's Old Man's War in Romanian.
And yes, I intend to build up some characters using what I found here laugh

sargas
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2013, 01:00:51 AM »

Hey, if I can't be famous, then let me be infamous...
kvala
Private

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2013, 10:09:50 AM »

Hey, if I can't be famous, then let me be infamous...
Cpt. Sargas... you are beyond fame or infame... you are A legend 1
BB Goode
Corporal

I'm somewhere in here...

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2013, 12:18:29 PM »

I like that avatar! Hope you aren't just monkee-ing around with it. 7

Ok, now you are just being catty! 14
« Last Edit: July 26, 2013, 12:23:15 PM by BB Goode » Report to moderator   Logged

Starbender Enterprises
Conquering the Universe
One Galaxy at a Time
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2013, 01:55:00 PM »

Like my avatar? lol
BB Goode
Corporal

I'm somewhere in here...

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2013, 11:52:32 PM »

Yes. It fits your personality like a big metal body sock.

Starbender Enterprises
Conquering the Universe
One Galaxy at a Time
Dadds
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2013, 04:57:22 PM »

BTW on the subject of not trusting people.  If the player Scion ever returns to the game don't trust him at all. When he left us he sold information about our fleet and stuff to IMG for modules.
Oh, my goodness! If ever a piece of liable ever written in these forums, that has got to be "numero uno"
Last time i looked i was still boss around here(checking lapels, war medals and corp founder certificate, yep, i am still boss around here) and if ANY module was traded to a pirate for intel, I am pretty sure I would know about it. Back in the days of the IMG-PMI war, we didnt have 2 modules to rub together to "trade" with any corp, that was worth any significance to them. Also, that would go right against our grain by supporting a pirate financially for personal gain. Dont start making up your own "truths" to justify how honorable you are and how betrayed you are. If people are "betraying" you, and it seems to be happening with a lot of people you know, start looking at "cause and effect" models to discover why people would do that to you.

You write a good story, JamJul, but this has definitely got to be your best fiction work i have ever seen! I suggest you go back to your intelligence officers and give them a quick swift kick up the backside for misinforming you.

You trash our good name here JamJul, and our honour. I will be expecting a retraction from your office very soon!  4

« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2013, 08:00:55 PM »

...boss...BOSS???...

...who's boss?...

...not mine,last time I checked...
« Last Edit: August 01, 2013, 08:02:46 PM by sargas » Report to moderator   Logged
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2013, 05:59:02 AM »

BTW on the subject of not trusting people.  If the player Scion ever returns to the game don't trust him at all. When he left us he sold information about our fleet and stuff to IMG for modules.
Oh, my goodness! If ever a piece of liable ever written in these forums, that has got to be "numero uno"
Last time i looked i was still boss around here(checking lapels, war medals and corp founder certificate, yep, i am still boss around here) and if ANY module was traded to a pirate for intel, I am pretty sure I would know about it. Back in the days of the IMG-PMI war, we didnt have 2 modules to rub together to "trade" with any corp, that was worth any significance to them. Also, that would go right against our grain by supporting a pirate financially for personal gain. Dont start making up your own "truths" to justify how honorable you are and how betrayed you are. If people are "betraying" you, and it seems to be happening with a lot of people you know, start looking at "cause and effect" models to discover why people would do that to you.

You write a good story, JamJul, but this has definitely got to be your best fiction work i have ever seen! I suggest you go back to your intelligence officers and give them a quick swift kick up the backside for misinforming you.

You trash our good name here JamJul, and our honour. I will be expecting a retraction from your office very soon!  4

I am not speaking trash.   Aysle told me that he sold information to you guys in exchange for modules. Though from what  Aysle told me you guys were hesitant to do that. Also from what he told me it Scion held back some of the good information from you guys like the location of my mines in the early days of the way.
Pages: [1] 2
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: