Astro Galaxy - a realistic space exploration game
  March 29, 2024, 08:14:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: contest  (Read 12554 times)
Dadds
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2013, 04:56:03 PM »

we need a contest that is more gladiator style. for eg. Set up a prize ship for whoever can take it; takes the cargo spoils 16
Be warned though, this contest could be very costly to the participants haha
The reward would be a mystery prize, perhaps a large module of undisclosed nature that gets dropped if the ship emergency jumps. Or some rare materials, or both. Would be up to the event organiser 16
IMG may consider being a host to this contest if enough players are interested. Perhaps we could incorporate an entrants fee to contest hmmmmm....tempting
Maybe do first of this style of contest for free (pro bono) just to see how it works, then charge a "challenge/entry fee" for successive attempts
Thoughts on that, all
(Hey maybe Rafael could put up his million powered ship ;) "
Report to moderator   Logged

First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2013, 07:45:58 PM »

I might be interested in doing this. Though before I start working on such a ship I would first like to finish my mothership.  Unfortunately it isn't cheap to build lo l
Dadds
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2013, 04:20:17 PM »

(shuffles some unassuming papers on his desk....mutter mutter....hmmmmm ship deployments...hmmmm drydock...ohhhh, lookee here i think there may be a spare vessel someplace...oh, TOP SECRET you say? OK cant use that one just yet hmmmm Let me get back to you on that one after a chat to my military commander about freeing up a corp combat vessel for such a trial lol
The rules will be simple though. Initially it will be ship v ship for a "clash of the titans" 1 participant at a time. NO SCANNING OF VESSEL ALLOWED though not sure how to enforce that just yet, and no hangared or multiple ship surprises. We can try that option of multiple ship combats at a later stage. Considering the length of the timer required to combat one of our vessels QP to be used at attacker's discretion.
Anyway, the concept is out there. It would be nice if Sir Emi would provide us an arena for such an event in the future, though if the prize is high enough, it should be worth the cost or sacrifice of solars to try to achieve. An accolade or two would be nice also (medals to put on a campaign veteran's chest. We all like to be acknowledged in some small way)
I might be interested in doing this. Though before I start working on such a ship I would first like to finish my mothership.  Unfortunately it isn't cheap to build lo l
Is your mothership a private or corp vessel? More taxes and income required lol

First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2013, 09:14:58 PM »

This mothership is a privately owned one.  lol. 
Pages: 1 [2]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: