Astro Galaxy - a realistic space exploration game
  April 19, 2024, 09:04:19 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Dropping frequency of illegal modules  (Read 9379 times)
Dadds
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« on: August 10, 2013, 06:46:52 PM »

Is the drop of crematoriums and emergency override modules broken or been turned off? Except for the first few weeks of its implementation, i havent had a drop of one of these modules since. I have destroyed dozens of nests with not 1 single drop for weeks. Anyone else experiencing a zero drop?
Report to moderator   Logged

First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2013, 07:26:36 PM »

I haven't gotten any since that 1st one I got.
sargas
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2013, 07:59:37 PM »

I am picking up some (especially when I poach someone elses missions)
raphael
Master Sergeant

Victory is certain.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2013, 10:59:26 PM »

I noticed it too. I've raided/destroyed about 60 pirate looters the past 7 days and received not even a single illegal module. I only received 2 ever since i started COM missions.

Seems pirate hijackers are much more profitable. 1
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2013, 09:10:05 AM »

Yeah hijackers are better.  At least then you spend less time actually attacking and get a better profit in that shorter time. 
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2013, 11:35:56 PM »

There was no change, basically it's a lottery and part of the reward is used to buy a ticket that can be a loser or winner 1

The ticket price decides the module mark.

On average, you get the modules based on that ticket, and the chance isn't much affected by the power of the mission, just the mark gets affected so the modules have same rarity at any any level 50k power and up, just the mark goes up at higher power.

Also like sargas said, you could complete someone else's mission and get the loot. The station spawns the module in it's cargo bay regardless of who loots it.

Gonna do some reverse engineering to combine illegal modules and increase their mark, I have an idea about that involving Reverse Engineer technology, and some alien modules would be nice to see 1
« Last Edit: August 17, 2013, 11:40:11 PM by SirEmi » Report to moderator   Logged

Dadds
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2013, 04:18:26 PM »

Hi Sir Emi.

I understand the lottery scenario. The frequency doesnt change, just the earnings, based on your investment into the lottery. A low powered nest will produce significantly lower valued modules, where found.

My issue is: I have been smashing nests for the best part of my day since the upgrade has been in place and except for the first 2 weeks of its release, i have received nothing but basic mats, fuel and meds in my rewards. I can post you all my combat reports if you like to show you how many i have completed for nil rewards on modules, if you have several hours to read it that is. I am not a small organisation doing the occasional random nest. I am killing them daily in multiple combats and havent seen so much as an overdrive MK I for well over a month or more. My combat level is in the millions of power range. I must have the "suckiest" lottery numbers in the game based on my lack of reward for smashing nests. Other than the fuel for sustained space travel, and the armor mats dropped, these things are becoming worthless to pursue for me. Even the big loots only drops less than 100 "valuable" mats which can take me up to 36hrs to count down for. Since i can go buy 95 of those valuable mats at sol in an eye-blink, hardly worth waiting 36 hours for

edit: I have just gone over my combat reports which only date back 14 days and not one illegal mod drop over 40 combats (20 if you look at loot then destroy) and i can guarantee that the previous 14 days are the same, and then the next 14 days etc. I am hitting over 1 nest a day on average with no drops.  I need better explanation as to why i dont get a drop other than a lottery calculation. Even statistics says i should have had a minor win by now. I am pretty sure that i will be one of the top "ticket" buyers in this game when it comes to nest combats since i have a dedicated fleet at my disposal running down combat timers constantly.

« Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 04:50:54 PM by Dadds » Report to moderator   Logged

First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2013, 01:14:20 PM »

Dadds you are running into the same issue I have had since these things were added.  To date I have only gotten 2 illegal mods. It is as I have said before these things are not as profitable as regular hijacking. No matter how much loot is in there you are taking a loss.  The additional amount of time it takes to loot and then destroy is time you could have easily spent doing hijacking and bringing in a larger income. Even if you got lucky and did one that gave you enough loot to match a hijacking, the time spent on it compared to the hijacking means in that same time period 2 or more hijackings could have been done giving you a greater profit in that same time period.
sargas
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2013, 04:40:54 PM »

I've picked up over a dozen...

even sold a couple...
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2013, 05:23:30 PM »

I've picked up over a dozen...

even sold a couple...

Well lucky you.  Instead of selling how about sharing with the corp lol. It's up to you what to do with them. But I wouldn't mind having some of them and I am sure some of the others in the corp wouldn't mind having some too.
BB Goode
Corporal

I'm somewhere in here...

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2013, 01:10:45 AM »

Instead of sharing, how about blowing the things into oblivion so the ghastly abominations can never be used for their intended evils? 12

Starbender Enterprises
Conquering the Universe
One Galaxy at a Time
raphael
Master Sergeant

Victory is certain.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2013, 03:53:47 AM »

After more than a hundred attempts and still no illegal mods, the pic below was bound to happen after I started prioritizing hijackers.  laugh

* eventual outcome.png (89.78 KB, 707x1216 - viewed 443 times.)
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2013, 01:57:36 PM »

Instead of sharing, how about blowing the things into oblivion so the ghastly abominations can never be used for their intended evils? 12

Never!  lol
sargas
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2013, 09:21:17 PM »

if you buy them from me, you can do with them as you please (all offers will be considered)...
Dadds
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2013, 05:02:17 PM »

and i would like to add: If you want them JJ, go work for them! (ok i dont agree with selling them as such if team mates want them) but if you are not prepared to put the hard work into gaining them, you shouldnt publicly embarrass a team mate about not sharing (looking at you JJ), because you are too lazy or find it too unprofitable to go hunting them yourself.
(probably going to get another negative vote here haha)

Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: