Astro Galaxy - a realistic space exploration game
  March 29, 2024, 02:00:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Proposal for handling inactives  (Read 5004 times)
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« on: September 06, 2013, 04:12:12 PM »

As you might be aware there are a lot of inactive people in the game.  Now I doubt I am the only one who likes seeing inactive stuff just sitting around in Sol and other areas.  I am proposing we remove them.  But we need to determine if they are really inactive or not.  Here is my proposal.

Step 1: A ship be sent out to see who all has modules/ships/stations in the Sol System.

Step 2: A message is then sent out to the owners of these.  The person doing this must save back the names of those he is sending messages to and who he gets a reply from and who he doesn't. All recipients will have 48 hours to reply back.

Step 3: After 5 days if a message is not received back the ships/stations/modules will be removed.

We then repeat this same process for the rest of the systems in 0,0.  Doing this would not violate the GC charter and I really believe it needs to be done. Inactive players are covered in this particular section.

10. Permission to remove an inactive player's holdings may be given via the GC.
10.1. The process is as follows. Notice is posted to the GC of the player's holdings and location simultaneously a message informing said player of the intention to remove their holdings after a five (5) day waiting period. If said player does not respond and no GC representative objects then the permission is automatically granted by the GC.

Now this normally is done by people requesting we do it. But I don't see anything wrong with us doing a sweep ourselves.
Report to moderator   Logged
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2013, 04:17:29 PM »

In case anyone is wondering I think this sweep should also include members of the GC.   As the GC we have an example to uphold and exceptions really shouldn't be made.
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2013, 03:09:03 AM »

*looks around*  The chamber seems to be quite empty. I know NHC hasn't exactly been active.  But I know you folks in IMG check the boards daily. lol
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2013, 04:33:52 AM »

Still awaiting a reply here.
Dadds
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2013, 02:17:51 PM »

i think the legal eagles are looking into that one about attacking fellow members of the Galactic Council. Its true we should all try to live by our decrees, but we should also be given some latitude since we are not exactly fly-in, fly-out players. We have put in some long, arduous, hard hours to gain a foothold in sol space. My opinion only, of course, and not the official call of [IMG] Council rep

First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2013, 11:33:29 PM »

When someone hasn't been on in 6471h 25m 39s.   I think that calls for possibly including them in this.  Besides I am sure those outside the GC would think it only fair if we remove inactives stuff that the GC not be excluded from it.
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2013, 09:18:34 AM »

This matter still hasn't been decided on.
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: