Astro Galaxy - a realistic space exploration game
  April 18, 2024, 08:03:27 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Reverse Engineering, Hanger improvements  (Read 4290 times)
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« on: September 23, 2013, 12:08:02 AM »

New features

Reverse Engineering added

There is a new technology in Science category, named 'Reverse Engineering', just after 'Science Lab' tech.

Description: There have been reports of unknown technology or alien artifacts. You can direct your scientists to study this technology, and while they will have a hard time replicating it, they can at least dismantle and use parts of similar modules for upgrades.
Additional: Enables upgrading of unknown / alien technology

To reverse engineer a module, you need two modules of same type and of unknown / alien technology, like pirate modules or alien modules. Then go to Manufacture->Mark upgrade and select the pirate module from the list. The input is the selected module + an additional module that you select from the list. The output is an upgraded module with a combined mark level of the two used modules.

To reverse engineer a module, you will also need to have the Reverse Engineer tech level at least equal to the output module mark level you are trying to create. The time to reverse engineer is 3 hours for each mark level of the final mark level.

Improvements

- ship 'mass' for hangar space purpose changed to ship 'volume'

- un-used cargo bay space no longer counts toward ship size / mass / volume to fit in hangar, making hangar bay module more useful
- only used cargo space is counted towards ship volume for hangar docking, there is no longer need to pack the cargo bay modules to make the ship size smaller

- Ship hangar bay usage depends on:
   -> ship hull size (specified at SOL Shipyard, #mods*25)
   -> total ship used cargo bay
   -> total ship hangar bay (empty or used)
   -> other modules installed on ship that are not hangar type. 100 m3 is added / module installed.

- it is possible to overload the hangar by docking with an empty cargo bay then transferring cargo while inside the mothership. It's not an issue if the ship is not moving, but if a Jump is attempted by the mothership, cargo bay and hangar bay structural integrity checks need to be passed, if failed the ship can not jump until integrity is restored.

- "Crematorium" module with <1 m3 fill rate can be moved / removed / transferred safely now, without getting an error that it is still filled

- added a Bays Used info in ship module manufacturing

If you find any bugs, please report it on the forum or ingame to Support.

Thank you.
Report to moderator   Logged

JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2013, 12:21:10 AM »

Looks like a nice update. Though I still think that Titan Class ships shouldn't be able to fit into Leviathan Class ships. For that matter no bigger class should be able to fit into a smaller class.    Also I got a complaint about research.  Before when it displayed the amount of points you needed it didn't have a , in it.  It was like this. 520000.  Now it is like this. 520,000.  While more pleasing to the eyes it makes upgrading a bunch of things at once more of a pain because when you go to copy and paste it you have to go back through and remove the comma.
sargas
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2013, 02:52:10 AM »

I'm still getting an error message when I try to jump a ship (...cannot jump while in hangar...), this happens whenever I try to jump after I change activation to another ship from the mothership.  in other words, when I handle the mothership duties and then transfer activation to another ship (usually light years away), the new ship gives me the error message, but it will resolve if I order it a second time...
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2013, 11:34:46 AM »

I'm still getting an error message when I try to jump a ship (...cannot jump while in hangar...), this happens whenever I try to jump after I change activation to another ship from the mothership.  in other words, when I handle the mothership duties and then transfer activation to another ship (usually light years away), the new ship gives me the error message, but it will resolve if I order it a second time...

Looked into that and fixed it, thank you.

Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: