Astro Galaxy - a realistic space exploration game
  April 19, 2024, 01:26:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Ello, I'm Fenix  (Read 9781 times)
Fenix
Sergeant

View Profile
« on: September 23, 2013, 05:17:16 PM »

Ello, I'm Fenix and as you might have guessed from my name I'm a bit of a Starcraft fan. I have several of the books and I love them all. I love reading in general really, mostly sci-fi, fantasy, fiction all that stuff.

I love games about space exploration and I love mining games where I can mine stuff and make weapons and armor and stuff out of them and use them myself or sell them. I just really love the idea of finding stuff and making them into new things and starting a business and being all self-sufficient. xD

So far the game looks very much like something I will enjoy for a long time to come though it is a bit slow to start, I'm hoping to have my first combat ship ready before this coming weekend to start doing COM missions and really bring in the cash.

I'm sort of a pacifist I would say, I try to avoid conflict as much as possible though it seems I will have to get my hands a little dirty to get my own personal empire started. That being said I will fight if I must and if I have to go through the effort of fighting people I will not be very happy with it and will do everything in my power to make whomever I have to fight suffer the full extent of my wrath and displeasure. =p

So yea, as long as I don't get dragged into fights by everyone I would imagine I should get along with the folks here pretty well.
Report to moderator   Logged

"Hear me! And if I close my mind in fear, please pry it open.
See me! And if my face becomes sincere beware.
Hold me! And when I start to come undone, stitch me together.
See me! And when you see me strut remind me of what left this outlaw torn..."
sargas
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2013, 09:26:31 PM »

welcome, if you have any questions, just ask...
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2013, 11:35:02 PM »

Welcome to the game.  If you have any questions don't be afraid to ask.
raphael
Master Sergeant

Victory is certain.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2013, 02:53:33 AM »

Welcome, and enjoy the game! 1
Jazzbob
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2013, 06:16:06 AM »

We know each other already, but welcome again!  17

Leader
IMPERIAL TRADE ORGANISATION
Fenix
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2014, 10:24:46 AM »

Well then... you may or may not have noticed as I'm not exactly an important member of this little community but I have been fairly inactive the last week or two. Truth is I was at a meeting in Pittsburgh this weekend, and for the past few weeks I've been in contact with a publishing company. To make a long story short, they liked one of the books that I have written and been looking to publish and wanted to look at anything else I was working on so I met with them and showed them my stuff and before I got on a plane to come back home they had already drawn up a contract. Now I'm not stupid so I didn't sign it for them right then and there, I'm going to take it to a laywer tomorrow probably (assuming I can get an appointment) and have everything looked at to make sure I'm not getting the short end of the straw here. However I can understand most of what's in it and if what the company told me about it briefly before I left is all true then I will most likely be signing it and mailing it back to them shortly.

I don't want to say unfortunately because honestly this is an amazing break for me but this is going to result in me being unable to spend the time required to get much of anything done in this game. Of course I could end up not signing it but I'm mostly going to talk to a lawyer just to be 100% sure as I'm not that confident in my own ability to navigate my way through legal jargon, at least not in this situation.

Anyways, it has been fun playing this game and getting to know most of you. I do hope that you guys can find peace to all these conflicts and I hope that the game develops into the great game it has the potential to be. I may check in now and then to see how things are doing if I have the time, I do tend to go back to my old haunts if you will every now and then if only for the memories lol.

Dadds
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2014, 03:29:11 PM »

As a writer i would think that you would have lots of time on your hands to ponder your next works, perhaps something based on the rivalry and betrayal seen here in this game....perhaps we could be your next source of inspiration! lol
Anyway, good luck with all that legal stuff Fenix. You will get an appointment with a lawyer, if you got enough "green cabbage" in the wallet to entice them out to play.
Let us know at least what the published book will be call and its genre, so we may spot it on the shelf some time and get an added incite into your mind and world ;)

Regards,

Dadds

Staff Sergeant

An empire builder

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2014, 11:21:26 PM »

Best of luck to you Fenix.
JoolzVern
Sergeant

Nobody ever listens to Tim the wizard...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2014, 12:02:42 AM »

Good luck brother I hope you got it copyrighted 13

offnow.org <-Stop the NSSA's subversion of your security
Prism-Break.org <-Ways to secure your data as much as possible
EFF.org <-Electronic Frontier Foundation
Stopkillerrobots.org <-Stop autonomous drones designed to hunt people
Fenix
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2014, 11:49:15 PM »

Thank you, all of you, I managed to get an appointment for Thursday so fingers crossed... I'm not really sure how well this book will do so yea downtime to think about my next book is going to be largely dependant on how well this one does. Better sales will bring in more money and more money makes the publishers happy to let me take my time with the next one lol. I won't mention the title just yet, I need to talk with them more and find out when the release date will be and I'm not sure how they would feel about me talking about it before release (not that they will find out I don't think but eh). However the genre will be... I guess you could classify it as fantasy/sci-fi. Personally I would classify it as fantasy/post-apocolyptic with just a dash of politics, of course the readers will probably categorize it differently than I will due to some of the themes and characters but eh that is half the fun, I write my own version and the readers get to put their own little twist on it to their liking. It's the reason books will always be superior to movies imo, every single person will read it differently and take different things away from it.

I may use one or two things from here in my future books, name of a character or some situation, who knows lol. I draw inspiration from many different sources though of course the strongest inspiration comes from my own personal experiences. It also sort of helps that I have a lot of crazy dreams that sometimes wake me up and keep me up at night when I really should be sleeping lol.

SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2014, 04:34:06 PM »

Good luck with the new book Fenix.

If you want to write some stories in here just let me know. It would be interesting to have a few good stories the we could turn into missions or some interesting storyline missions.

We could also make a board where everyone could post a plot / mission idea and we select the best ones to turn em into missions. And with QP prizes of course 1

Fenix
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2014, 03:31:47 AM »

I'll keep that in mind Emi, I've been juggling a lot of different projects for the past year or so but I still occasionally find some time to do some short stories and what not just for fun. I could probably think of a couple things if I actually sat down and wrote down some of my ideas. I'd leave it up to others to come up with names for characters though because I'm horrible at that, I literally have to do research on what common names for people are when I name my characters because.... idk I guess I'm just bad with names lol.

Idk where you are with the whole alien encounters thing but everyone here is basically playing as a human character as I understand it so if I take the time to put anything together I'll work under that assumption and then deal with alien encounters when you are close to done with that or afterwards. I wouldn't want to create a story that contradicts how the game itself works so yea lol.

Also, happy to be back on AG. I'll be busy again once the holidays start but I'm hoping to be on here at least once or twice a week after that, we will have to see.

Dragonfly
Lance Corporal

Eternal Wanderer

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2014, 10:07:15 AM »

Welcome to the game, Fenix  17

sargas
First Sergeant

wandering teacher of the bizarre and unusual

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2014, 05:46:48 PM »

welcome back Fenix, it's good to see you again.
Irredrache
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2014, 07:42:49 PM »

Hey there, Fenix. Good to have a fellow writer around (bit of a writer myself  17)

mea navis aƫricumbens anguillis abundat

Pages: [1] 2
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: