Astro Galaxy - a realistic space exploration game
  April 25, 2024, 08:42:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Latest Combat report from the office of [IMG]  (Read 12665 times)
Dadds
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« on: September 24, 2013, 04:48:45 PM »

Official release from HQ command, Admiral Dadds, regarding a reported incident at System GJ 832 has just been made available to the public. Report follows.

<Admiral Dadds>"Greetings Corp leaders, Captains and Commanders. It is our duty to inform the people that one of our fleet operating out around quadrants 0,1 to 0,2 has encountered a declared pirate orbiting around Alpha GJ 832. Based on this pilots stance of being a pirate, the sudden powering up of his fleet and his threats toward all pilots and corps, it was decided we should launch a preemptive strike against his vessel to remove the threat of further military build up."
The battle report is just coming in now from Deep space from the pilot of RAZOR, a type-VI Battlecruiser on deployment to [IMG]'s 1st Carrier Fleet, Commanded by Admiral Dadds of ISBM FLAGSHIP:

View Battle   Dadds   Admiral Raphael   GJ 832->Alpha GJ 832   1,928,890   2,611,655   5.95% / 62.47%   24-Sep-2013 15:02

Attacker opened fire!

Razor Vs. SSS COM 4
Weapons assault
Razor maneuvers into fire range and attacks first.
Razor attacks with Laser Cannon MK LXV using standard mode.
Excellent hit on target, doing 162282 damage!

Razor attacks with Viper Squadron MK CC using standard formation.
Light hit on target, doing 76988 damage!

Direct hit on target, doing 133320 damage!

Light hit on target, doing 69477 damage!

Minor hit on target, doing 39433 damage!

Razor attacks with Railgun Battery MK XXX using standard mode.
Hit on target, doing 95238 damage!

Boarding assault
Razor maneuvers into boarding range first.
Razor sending Marines Assault Unit MK CCC to find a boarding spot.
The boarding party found an area and sabotaged it, doing 475067 damage!
Target shield is down!
SSS COM 4 sending Marines Assault Unit MK LX to find a boarding spot.
The boarding party found an area and sabotaged it, doing 96154 damage!

Razor maneuvers into boarding range first.
Razor sending Marines Assault Unit MK CCC to find a boarding spot.
The boarding party found an area and sabotaged it, doing 345052 damage!
EMERGENCY JUMP!
SSS COM 4 has retreated from the battlefield due to heavy damage!
Razor captured a group of 21266 enemy personnel during the fight.
SSS COM 4 lost some cargo while executing the emergency jump...
Razor searching for dumped cargo...
389 m3 Fuel Cells scooped into cargo bay.

Objective: Destroy 10% or more of the enemy while losing less % then the enemy.

Attacker victory!

A most decisive victory based on power levels against odds of 7:14 against. The pilot who conducted the attack is being considered for a bravery medal. When questioned, the pilot had only a brief and humbling comment; "I am no hero. Sure the odds were great but i knew the abilities of my ship and its crew. The vessel was a heavily defended invasion fleet with no real energy weaponry to give us much pause. I volunteered our crew for this task after seeing intel reports provided through our GC network and knew that WE also had the backing of Admiral Dadds 1st Fleet if it was required. Excuse me, i must go provide instruction to stow the excess stores and personnel recovered from the battle, and tend to any enemy casualties"

Well there you have it pilots. After many a long month of relative peace and harmony in the galaxy, some news of considerable import has been reported. Can this mean that once again, [IMG] are re-vamping their efforts to remove a pirate menace? Or is it just a flashy show of power from one of the top Co-orporations to maintain total power and dominance over this part of the galaxy. Only time, and this reporter, will tell. I would like to thank the leader of IMG for allowing us to bring you this unbiased, factual report of current events.
Report to moderator   Logged

Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2013, 12:53:51 PM »

In the name of the Imperial Trade Organisation I'd like to thank the IMG for that!  1

Leader
IMPERIAL TRADE ORGANISATION
sargas
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2013, 09:32:30 PM »

it's just another case of IMG vigilante justice...
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2013, 06:23:41 AM »

Sargas you might just want to stop there.  IMG had some outside help in locating Raph. Not all of us in our Corp are against this hit.  I support it.  Not cause I got a problem with Raph. I don't.  I just wanted him to see what it is like to play with the big boys.  I actually tried to nail one of his ships as well but Raph jumped out of there before I could get the hit in. I didn't have the QP to speed up the attack.  I am hoping perhaps Raph will see from our ships though how a real COM ship is supposed to look.
sargas
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2013, 12:21:20 PM »

it was just another case of my misguided humor.  I meant no offense, Dadds.
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2013, 11:28:09 PM »

I know you didn't mean any Sargas. I am sure he knows it too. Though he may give you a hard time like you give him. lol
sargas
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2013, 11:47:25 PM »

I'm kinda looking forward to it...
raphael
Master Sergeant

Victory is certain.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2013, 08:21:35 AM »

Dadds, if you want to waste more QPs, I can direct you to one of my COM ships for free. 1

Jazz, you seem to forget that i know where your mines are. But don't worry, you are not worth the effort. I was already ahead of you when I was two months or so old in the game.  laugh

Jam, i agree that my COM ships aren't tough compared to game oldies like you. Researching high levels of weaponry takes time. I'm working on it though as I for now have 5 titans entirely dedicated to science. 1
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2013, 09:55:14 AM »

Dadds, if you want to waste more QPs, I can direct you to one of my COM ships for free. 1

Jazz, you seem to forget that i know where your mines are. But don't worry, you are not worth the effort. I was already ahead of you when I was two months or so old in the game.  laugh

Jam, i agree that my COM ships aren't tough compared to game oldies like you. Researching high levels of weaponry takes time. I'm working on it though as I for now have 5 titans entirely dedicated to science. 1

The problem with your ships is they have no weapons at all. Not even MK 1 lasers.  Even if your Marines are at our levels, without weapons your ship could still be torn apart.   Yes marines do help a lot. But you can't rely just on them.  My Kraken had less power then your one ship I spotted. Yet if you had let the battle go through it would have won.  Not cause of tech levels. It's shields aren't the greatest. But it's shields + it's armor really wouldn't have mattered much cause my vipers on it would have chewed your ship apart before a single marine could have been launched.  With COM missions you need to be able to absorb a good amount of damage. But you also need to reduce how much damage your taking.  Weapons help with that.  Even if it is just a couple of those enemy ships, it it knocks them out sooner before they can fire more shots, the better it is on your ship.
Dadds
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2013, 02:15:36 PM »

Dadds, if you want to waste more QPs, I can direct you to one of my COM ships for free.
Didnt find it a waste of QP from my perspective. Happy to spend a bit in the education of others. If you want to sit through a combat timer without bravely running away let me know i will be happy to provide the education for free. Sorry about my haste there Raphael, I caught you as i was about to head to bed and wanted to resolve it before sleeping. I got tired of waiting for you to show up at my mining bases so i thought i would come to you instead.

Jazz, you seem to forget that i know where your mines are. But don't worry, you are not worth the effort. I was already ahead of you when I was two months or so old in the game.
I think that was his point when he cheered me on. Because you do know where his mines are and you are raiding him i am sure he is glad you got delivered some justice.
Jam, i agree that my COM ships aren't tough compared to game oldies like you. Researching high levels of weaponry takes time. I'm working on it though as I for now have 5 titans entirely dedicated to science.
Yeah i spotted several of them at the asteroid belt in Sol. Lucky for you i am an honor-bound commander or i could have wiped them out for you. You should probably hide your valuable assets better than that. I may not be as merciful the next time around.

LOL Sargas, its ok i understand your sardonic humour by now. By the way, was that the "Jolly Rogers" i saw painted on the side of your command vessel? lol
[IMG] are in need of a little verbal and physical exercise. Its been a long time between "after-battle" drinks for us. Time to remind people we are still here watching over the mining population.
If anyone are troubled by piracy and would like an exterminator, PM me or Aysle for a free extermination program ;)

« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2013, 08:54:47 PM »

Dadds, which of my ships do you consider to be my command vessel?
Jazzbob
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2013, 12:04:22 PM »

@Dadds: your right, that was my intension!

@Raph: You use all your words here to mean, that you are great and everyone should be frightened. Am I right?  3

Leader
IMPERIAL TRADE ORGANISATION
raphael
Master Sergeant

Victory is certain.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2013, 08:04:53 PM »

laugh

All of that because I raided your mines ONCE? because I got like 10k worth of mats from your mines? because you lost when you attacked my raiding ship? Or is it because i declined your offer to join your corps back then?

That happened more than 10 weeks ago when i was still active in pirating. Get over it. 1
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2013, 10:38:03 PM »

laugh

All of that because I raided your mines ONCE? because I got like 10k worth of mats from your mines? because you lost when you attacked my raiding ship? Or is it because i declined your offer to join your corps back then?

That happened more than 10 weeks ago when i was still active in pirating. Get over it. 1

I assume your talking to jazz. though you did decline to join mine as well. But I got no hard feelings about that. lol
sargas
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2013, 12:37:28 AM »

Rafe, are you saying that you not persue the lifestyle of piracy any longer?
Pages: [1] 2
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: