Astro Galaxy - a realistic space exploration game
  May 01, 2024, 05:02:38 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: application  (Read 16744 times)
Jazzbob
Sergeant

View Profile
« on: October 01, 2013, 04:24:54 AM »

Dear members of the high Galactic Council!

This is my application for a membership in the Galactic Council. I would like to join this reputable circle of active players to incorporate into it.

Please let me know, if the Council comes to a decision about my concern.

Jazzbob
Imperial Trade Organisation [ITO]
Report to moderator   Logged

Leader
IMPERIAL TRADE ORGANISATION
sargas
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2013, 03:41:49 PM »

I, for one, think y'all will make a good addition to the GC
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2013, 05:05:08 PM »

I for one wouldn't have a problem with it. Your corp seems to be getting better and we could use some fresh blood in the GC.
Jazzbob
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2013, 07:59:15 AM »

So I have to wait for the reaction of the IMG, right?

Leader
IMPERIAL TRADE ORGANISATION
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2013, 11:59:41 AM »

Yes. I think Aysle has been a little busy lately so please be patient.  I know it sucks waiting.
Dadds
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2013, 05:49:40 AM »

As a member of the GC, i have no ill bearings or feelings to the inclusion to [ITO] To keep it official though, I need to wait for my representative to make an appearance. He has been gone a little while now but i am sure he will be back with us soon.

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2013, 04:47:35 PM »

let's not wait too long for this.  Dadds, you have already said that you have the final vote for IMG (I have no problem with it).  

...We need to admit new corporations to show the interstellar community that we are not just an 'Old Boys Club'...
Dadds
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2013, 08:30:19 AM »

i think based on current concerns regarding the current makeup of the Galactic Council and its inability to make a decision, all decisions from this office are suspended for now.

First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2013, 08:59:35 AM »

i think based on current concerns regarding the current makeup of the Galactic Council and its inability to make a decision, all decisions from this office are suspended for now.

We aren't the ones having issues making decisions. Our decision regards to Raph has been posted already.  Don't go all US Government on us now and shut down just cause you don't like certain things.  PMI is still in full support of the GC and our offices shall remain open.
sargas
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2013, 05:59:10 PM »

what is this?

are you saying that because there is only two of three voting members present, all other GC business is suspended?

this is a vote to increase membership to four corporations (which will give us, at this point three voting members)
Dadds
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2013, 03:38:56 PM »

We aren't the ones having issues making decisions. Our decision regards to Raph has been posted already.  Don't go all US Government on us now and shut down just cause you don't like certain things.  PMI is still in full support of the GC and our offices shall remain open.
We arent "taking our bat and ball and going home" because we cant get things our own way. What i am saying is (and this also includes Sargas' question in this matter) that if i want something fixed or approved, that goes against PMI thoughts and wishes (and its well known that we have always been at opposite ends of the poles) then there is no effective government. So from mour perspective, and with my rep away on extended leave, at this time we will not be looking at making any decisions on any applications or submissions for the foreseeable future.
With regards specifically to piracy, our policy has always been firmly against it and as such we feel requests to deal with pirates through the GC will fall on deaf ears, if the only set of ears listening happen to be harbourers of pirates and has a piracy policy. Therefore in the matters of piracy and pirate acts, we feel the GC cannot come to any aggreement on this issue, so revert to our old-fashioned, tried and tested, "if its a pirate, shoot it down"
I am taking matters into consideration with regards to voting and authority to vote, and i or my designated rep will inform the GC of our decisions after my internal reviews are complete.
I suspect all this will become clearer once i can get our rep, Aysle to respond to the GC with a statement from this office.

First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2013, 04:08:17 PM »

We arent "taking our bat and ball and going home" because we cant get things our own way. What i am saying is (and this also includes Sargas' question in this matter) that if i want something fixed or approved, that goes against PMI thoughts and wishes (and its well known that we have always been at opposite ends of the poles) then there is no effective government. So from mour perspective, and with my rep away on extended leave, at this time we will not be looking at making any decisions on any applications or submissions for the foreseeable future.
With regards specifically to piracy, our policy has always been firmly against it and as such we feel requests to deal with pirates through the GC will fall on deaf ears, if the only set of ears listening happen to be harbourers of pirates and has a piracy policy. Therefore in the matters of piracy and pirate acts, we feel the GC cannot come to any aggreement on this issue, so revert to our old-fashioned, tried and tested, "if its a pirate, shoot it down"
I am taking matters into consideration with regards to voting and authority to vote, and i or my designated rep will inform the GC of our decisions after my internal reviews are complete.
I suspect all this will become clearer once i can get our rep, Aysle to respond to the GC with a statement from this office.

I thinking letting this corp in though could help us on our balance issues. Your right many times we are on opposite ends. But that doesn't mean we don't agree on issues.  Take Raph for example. While it took us a while to come to a decision we ended up agreeing with you. Though the reason some of our people didn't want to add him to the outlaw list was because the only one he had been harassing was IMG and not going and blowing up anyone elses stuff. It could be said it was a matter between your 2 corps.  I on the other hand saw it as an act of terrorism against not just IMG but the entire GC. His actions on the forums seems to back all that up.  Just because I can be understanding on issues on piracy doesn't mean I won't stand up to it when it isn't even about making a profit. I also won't say anything if you guys go after pirates who do go after profit as long as it is outside the sol system or if someone reports them in the act of acting them in Sol and you manage to catch them then.  Also honestly until Aysle gets back full time I think you should take charge of your corp's GC stuff. We don't need semi-active representatives.
Dadds
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2013, 03:54:41 PM »

I thinking letting this corp in though could help us on our balance issues. Your right many times we are on opposite ends. But that doesn't mean we don't agree on issues.  Take Raph for example. While it took us a while to come to a decision we ended up agreeing with you. Though the reason some of our people didn't want to add him to the outlaw list was because the only one he had been harassing was IMG and not going and blowing up anyone elses stuff. It could be said it was a matter between your 2 corps.  I on the other hand saw it as an act of terrorism against not just IMG but the entire GC. His actions on the forums seems to back all that up.  Just because I can be understanding on issues on piracy doesn't mean I won't stand up to it when it isn't even about making a profit. I also won't say anything if you guys go after pirates who do go after profit as long as it is outside the sol system or if someone reports them in the act of acting them in Sol and you manage to catch them then.  Also honestly until Aysle gets back full time I think you should take charge of your corp's GC stuff. We don't need semi-active representatives.
With Admiral Raphael that was part of my point. When someone is attacking into a GC declared and approved holding, then that is an attack against the whole GC ruling. There shouldnt have been any hesitation because "its not happening to us" Just because it was in our neck of the woods didnt mean that it was my trash to take out. (now i have a large pile of trash filling up my industrial bins to dispose of)
With regards to our rep Aysle, if i dont hear from him by the end of my weekend gone i will motion towards taking the chair in the GC for our corp representation and then proceedings can again resume. He is welcome to take it back should i assume the position whenever he feels fit and ready to continue active duties

« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2013, 10:11:19 PM »

With Admiral Raphael that was part of my point. When someone is attacking into a GC declared and approved holding, then that is an attack against the whole GC ruling. There shouldnt have been any hesitation because "its not happening to us" Just because it was in our neck of the woods didnt mean that it was my trash to take out. (now i have a large pile of trash filling up my industrial bins to dispose of)

You may recall that PMI (JABBERWOCK, GYPSY QUEEN, and RATTLESNAKE) took part in the defense of Saturn. 
Dadds
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2013, 02:57:44 AM »

You may recall that PMI (JABBERWOCK, GYPSY QUEEN, and RATTLESNAKE) took part in the defense of Saturn.
Yes i hadnt forgotten Sargas. What i refer to was the initial vote against putting Raphael up as an outlaw because it was only affecting me at Saturn. My initial request was turned down so legally all i could really do is wait for him to attack me before i could do anything about him. That is why Aysle came back out and declared all pirates will die. It was only then that PMI had a backflip and decided to go with my initial request, which was when the Jabberwock et al. became involved.
So when i am referring to a GC member not being supported by its fellow council corporations, that is what i was referring to. Your initial stance was to let me deal with it as a personal matter, where i was declaring it was an attack against the GC hitting us at Sol at our home base.

Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: