Astro Galaxy - a realistic space exploration game
  April 27, 2024, 12:46:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Single Pilot Corporations  (Read 5789 times)
Dadds
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« on: October 06, 2013, 01:14:48 PM »

Wasnt sure whether to post this in here or in abuse but I think the single pilot corporations need to be looked at again. I mentioned this in the past in some thread about visiting the possibility of these single entities being removed after a time frame for failure to build a true corporation. By starting your own 1-man corp allows you to "cheat" in a way by buying "relatively" cheap extra ship licenses and calling it a corporate licence when a pilots individual ship license costs become excessive. It can be used as an exploit in this manner i believe (and can witness this by looking at the current top corp rankings)
Report to moderator   Logged

Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2013, 07:24:08 PM »

Makes sense to me, most games I play that have clans/guilds/houses/ whatever you call them generally have some kind of feature that automatically removes a clan after a certain amount of time if they fail to have more than one or two members. Usually in those cases it's simply to save on space or something because every kid that plays a game these days dreams of being the leader of the best clan ever and starts their own, only for them to end up going no where and becoming inactive.

However if being a one person corp on here can actually be exploited to give an advantage then making sure that restrictions are placed on corps seems like a no brainer to me. I would have some concerns about how it is determined to remove a corp though. If it was just any corp with only one person in it after a certain period of time I feel like if someone was determined to get around that they could by just making another account and putting it in the corp and then never using it again. Perhaps there should be a requirement of activity as well, and perhaps a new "vacation" option for smaller corps in the event that all of it's members or the majority of them need to be away from the game for a time and they don't want to get deleted.

Anyways, those are just my thoughts.

"Hear me! And if I close my mind in fear, please pry it open.
See me! And if my face becomes sincere beware.
Hold me! And when I start to come undone, stitch me together.
See me! And when you see me strut remind me of what left this outlaw torn..."
Dadds
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2013, 07:54:57 AM »

yeah the easy way around rules to a 1 man corp is a 2nd account with a 2nd email a/c to get accredited as a corporation. I am sure the authorities are aware of that one. One game i played, to actually start up a faction you had to get signed pledge from up to 10 "real" players stating they would band behind you and pay a hefty corporation fee. A hefty fee could be at least looked at to stop 1 man bands. And OK 10 pledgers is a bit extreme for this network but the concept is there that real players form up or band together. It would make the game rely more on teamwork by grouping together to be able to rank in the top player corporations etc. With more multi-player teams, the contest for top corps may become a whole lot closer than just the top 2-4 corporations who have formed a successful team together.

It would be unfair also for a member to have spent so much on corp ships and stuff and have it disbanded and lose all the investments to corp funds, taxes etc. However at the end of the day, if a member has heavily invested into a 1 man corp it is likely to take some unfair advantage by gaining extra pilot licenses or orbital licenses over what the other individual players out there are able to buy.

Sounds like we are pretty much on the same track anyway Fenix. Cheers!

Dadds

First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2013, 04:05:03 PM »

I think corps that only have 1 person should only be allowed to remain around for so long before being deleted. A 1 person corp isn't a real corp.  Likewise I think there needs to be something done about inactive accounts too. Look at how many inactives there actually are in the game.  In most games they would be removed.
sargas
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2013, 10:30:26 PM »

there are no legal restrictions regarding the minimum members needed for a corporation:

QUOTE:

SJZ, Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing AttorneyAnswered 3 years ago| Contributor

No, there is no minimum number of board members, and there is no minimum quorum. Corporations can be formed by a single person or shareholder, as in many subchapter-S corporations or in a corporation formed and owned by another corporation, where the second corporation is the only shareholder. Single shareholder corporations will typically only have a single board member, though they may have more if they want. During the process of forming a corporation, the incorporatator(s)--those forming the corporation--determine number of shares, the number of board members, requirements for a quorum, etc.

Generally speaking, whatever requirements are needed for forming a business in Illinois are set by the state; here's a link that may be helpful, and good luck: http://business.illinois.gov/step_by_step_guides.cfm
END QUOTE

Aysle
Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2013, 05:52:50 AM »

If we are in AG are to allow single member corps ( cut extra ship license costs in half pretty much ) Then we need to have corp conglomerates.... Multiple corps with their own ships forming a master "Corp" etc...

Serisoly though I think that a Corp shouldnt have access to Corp license till after 5+ unique members (via IP / location ) have joined. At this point in time AG is turning into a joke... What we have now isnt that hard to replace ( Im a programmer ) perhaps i should write another game for those that acutally play...because Im pretty certain the real players aren't paying $$ anymore because the game has become a joke....
Matamaure001
Staff Sergeant

An empire builder

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2013, 12:56:46 PM »

I have been contemplating to have a one member corp as a way to continue to grow in the future. The advantage is so great.... My next ship license will cost around 42 millions.

But I like the way Jam-Jul Lison manage our corp, I do not need to take care of that part of the job, I focus on growing. This is what keep me from doing it to date.
Dadds
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2013, 01:07:08 PM »

Generally speaking, whatever requirements are needed for forming a business in Illinois are set by the state; here's a link that may be helpful, and good luck: http://business.illinois.gov/step_by_step_guides.cfm
END QUOTE
We are not in illinois anymore Toto, or Kansas for that matter. This is frikkin' outer space. (BTW the laws here locally for a corporation require you to have at least a director AND a corp secretary doing the sign offs)
And even as Matamure suggests, it is a way around the exorbitant cost of buying another personal ship license. Which is my very point about 1 man corps. Once the other 1 body corps out there catch on, everyone will be trying to get that unfair license advantage, or exploiting the corp law in a way it wasnt intended for at the very least.

First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2013, 01:11:42 PM »

END QUOTE
We are not in illinois anymore Toto, or Kansas for that matter. This is frikkin' outer space. (BTW the laws here locally for a corporation require you to have at least a director AND a corp secretary doing the sign offs)
And even as Matamure suggests, it is a way around the exorbitant cost of buying another personal ship license. Which is my very point about 1 man corps. Once the other 1 body corps out there catch on, everyone will be trying to get that unfair license advantage, or exploiting the corp law in a way it wasnt intended for at the very least.

That is assuming the other 1 man corps are even active lol.  But yeah it is too exploitable. During peace times I might use our big corp ship for COM missions but I also make sure we got plenty of other ships for the use of other corp members. They are to help the corp grow stronger not to abuse like it seems Raph is doing.  lol
sargas
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2013, 05:52:32 PM »

well, until SirEmi eliminates one-person-corporations, it's a moot point.

Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: