Astro Galaxy - a realistic space exploration game
  March 28, 2024, 05:18:12 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Attacks by Gronk(PMI)  (Read 11440 times)
BB Goode
Corporal

I'm somewhere in here...

View Profile
« on: October 23, 2013, 04:22:41 PM »

There have been a number of attacks on our ships by Gronk of the Corporation PMI.

Attacker opened fire!

Gronk's Shuttle Vs. CSS Dragonia

Weapons assault
Gronk's Shuttle maneuvers into fire range and attacks first.
Gronk's Shuttle attacks with Viper Squadron MK XX using wall formation.
Minor hit on target, doing 4978 damage!
EMERGENCY JUMP!
CSS Dragonia has retreated from the battlefield due to heavy damage!
CSS Dragonia lost some cargo while executing the emergency jump...
Gronk's Shuttle searching for dumped cargo...
Cargo Bay Mk V, 1746 m3 Fuel Cells scooped into cargo bay.

Objective: Destroy 10% or more of the enemy while losing less % then the enemy. 

Attacker victory!

Stations & mines got hit by Gronk [PMI] in Tau Ceti. Just a looting run with minor losses. I will be picking up my equip and moving it further out. I'll also have to look at adding defenses and start my combat ship.

Opinions? I moved my mining/atmos from Alpha to Tau Ceti. I had placed them for less than an hour when they were again attacked by Gronk. Now this bastard was extremely lucky in happening to fly by at the same time or he has a way to track them???? I have no idea.

I will be filing a formal complaint with the Council and demanding reparations for these unprovoked attacks. Other actions will be decided in-house after consultation with the SBE
Report to moderator   Logged

Starbender Enterprises
Conquering the Universe
One Galaxy at a Time
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2013, 06:07:01 PM »

Has he attacked you inside the Sol System?  PMI is only banned from raiding within the Sol System itself. That does not include the rest of 0,0.  Also attacking a ship and raiding mines/harvesters/stations for attempts at profit is not against PMI's current policy. However if he was going around blowing stuff up for the fun of it then it would be.  My advice, get to the 2nd or 3rd ring if you want to be safe. 3rd probably will be your best bet.
sargas
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2013, 10:19:24 PM »

Excuse me!  I only see proof of one attack, not 'a number of'.  I don't believe that Gronk is targeting you.  It's just that y'all are valid targets.  

BB, you and I are friends, so I will not hit you (you personally, but not the rest of the members of SGE are protected under the friendship), but other members of PMI are not involved in any friendship (and there is not a corp to corp understanding regarding raiding).  

Your people need to be able to defend themselves.  

But if someone in PMI is blatantly destroying your property (or your corporate property) then contact either me or JJL (me, because we are friends and JJL because he is the leader of PMI).

No-one in PMI has the ability to 'track' anyone (if we did, the issue with Rafe would be over).

and if you need help in relocating, just ask...
« Last Edit: October 23, 2013, 10:45:07 PM by sargas » Report to moderator   Logged
Jazzbob
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2013, 03:58:54 PM »

If there was only one attack it could maybe no "targeting". But the Imperial Trade Organisation accords with the opinion of [SBE], because we are connected by a Peacy Treaty.

Leader
IMPERIAL TRADE ORGANISATION
Dadds
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2013, 04:49:54 PM »

i do recommend PMI cease and desist all activities against SBE immediately, if not sooner. IMG have an alliance with SBE to protect them vs pirate activity. Should that come into conflict with our NAP with PMI then our treaties will have to be reviewed. Our policy has always been to counter piracy and to assist our allies and those requesting assistance. That policy takes precedence over any and all temporary or other NAP's or agreements.

That is all

Dadds.

First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2013, 05:19:00 PM »

i do recommend PMI cease and desist all activities against SBE immediately, if not sooner. IMG have an alliance with SBE to protect them vs pirate activity. Should that come into conflict with our NAP with PMI then our treaties will have to be reviewed. Our policy has always been to counter piracy and to assist our allies and those requesting assistance. That policy takes precedence over any and all temporary or other NAP's or agreements.

That is all

Dadds.

As far as I know it is just looting and ship jumping that is going on and so far we have. So far I haven't heard from the pilot accusing my guy of this and have only seen 1 attack.  I can say we aren't targeting him.  My guess is he happened to be set up in areas Gronk likes to raid.  If my guy has been going around blowing stuff up then I want to know about it and it will be dealt with. Right now IMG should stay out of this cause so far all we have been shown is 1 attack against a ship.  I am not going to reprimand my guy when he hasn't been shown breaking PMI rules or the GC Charter.  Our mining leader Sargas has also offered to help the guy move much further out so he will be safer. 
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2013, 06:28:04 PM »

After talking to Gronk he informed me that this attack was the only attack against BB_Goode in the last 14 days.  I had him go over his attack reports and send me all he had that involved BB_Goode. As you know the attack logs only remain for 14 days.  The one seen here is the only one he had there. This is hardly a case of excessive attacking or targeting.  I did send BB_Goode a message asking for attack reports involving Gronk. So far I haven't heard anything back yet.
BB Goode
Corporal

I'm somewhere in here...

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2013, 01:19:03 PM »

I am having internet problems and don't have consistent access at the moment to properly deal with this. I will have miy junior member send his combat reports as soon as I can. Here is my official response:

Gronk (soundls like a moose belch or something) has attacked us three times. He has attacked one member twice, a very new member.

Regardless of the idiotic response about not having a spcific Non-Agression Pact with PMI, their proclaimed desire for peace-with-the-peaceful is indeed antithetical to letting their gronky members attack people willy-nilly and then spew gobbledy-gronk in response. Yes, we need to defend ourselves. I mean, you can't even trust your 'friends' around here. But I would not have expected this from a member of the Council that, as mentioned above, proclaimes no desire to attack those seeking to explore in peace. Hard to defend the meek and weak when you are the actual predator.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2013, 01:24:00 PM by BB Goode » Report to moderator   Logged

Starbender Enterprises
Conquering the Universe
One Galaxy at a Time
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2013, 01:48:39 PM »

I am having internet problems and don't have consistent access at the moment to properly deal with this. I will have miy junior member send his combat reports as soon as I can. Here is my official response:

Gronk (soundls like a moose belch or something) has attacked us three times. He has attacked one member twice, a very new member.

Regardless of the idiotic response about not having a spcific Non-Agression Pact with PMI, their proclaimed desire for peace-with-the-peaceful is indeed antithetical to letting their gronky members attack people willy-nilly and then spew gobbledy-gronk in response. Yes, we need to defend ourselves. I mean, you can't even trust your 'friends' around here. But I would not have expected this from a member of the Council that, as mentioned above, proclaimes no desire to attack those seeking to explore in peace. Hard to defend the meek and weak when you are the actual predator.

I will find out if Gronk has hit any of your other people. But 1 attack vs you in 14 days and 3 total hardly warrants complaining unless a lot was lost. Especially if many of those attacks took place in 0,0.  PMI is taking this matter seriously. But raiding for profit outside of the Sol System is not against PMI rules. Our rules are as following.

1. Everyone must sign up for the forums. Failure to sign up for the forums within 7 days of you joining the corp will result in you being kicked out.

2. No raiding in SOL.

3. If you have a problem with a certain corp or a certain person notify Jam-Jul Lison.

4. When raiding, only do it for profit. No need to commit random acts of destruction unless you want to blow up a SOL Corp NPC Trade Station.

5. Try to show other players respect when communicating with them.

As you can see our rules even cover the GC charter portion of no attacking on Sol.  When you get the chance send me the battle reports and have the one who attacked you send me the battle reports and I will review them.  All information received will also be shared with IMG and likely ITO.  If you or your people would like help moving out further Sargas has offered to help and I am sure IMG would help you with that as well.  As far as I can tell no one is trying to pick on you guys.
Dadds
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2013, 03:49:31 PM »

@ BB Goode: I am being kept informed of this matter of course from all parties who wish to give me input and feedback. At least we do have a lot more transparency and moderation here than we had when i was waiving the "unfair" flag about severe acts of piracy. At least my corp's rise to power and its policy toward policing piracy has brought this about somewhat. Plus for most of the high end guys, raiding is a very unprofitable act vs other options within the game now. I guess piracy is practiced only for the thrill of the unknown spoils right now (btw, if someone is good enough, i have a safety override MK LXXIX in one of my ships cargo bays and i just cant recall which one it is in haha Come and get it pirates. Oh you ask what percentage that gives? -102.5% emJump. Its worth? $44,437,500 to sell at the market, over $59M as a full value)
Apply to the EoS through Sargas and he has guaranteed any colonist safe harbour in sector 2,0 ( i think, or was it 0,2) Anyway, according to him all is under his protection there, and so if one of PMI crew hit you there, it will force an internal issue with them.
Naturally you may also request Sanctuary within my area of operations, but of course for operational purposes, i cant discuss or disclose in the forums where that may be. I probably have a lot more pirates wanting to bring down my bases more so than they do yours lol
So far i have seen sporadic reports of a looting attack only, for which i have called on PMI to desist until the matter is investigated fully.
Naturally my fleet stand ready to defend the needy and victims of major crime, where negotiations fail at the diplomatic table. Military reprisal is always an option, but usually one of last resort in some circumstances.
I do not condone ANY pirate attack, however large or small. However i do have to acknowledge there is a pirate presence out there and while i call on those factions to find more suitable employment, sadly i doubt we will fully remove their presence. The fact that some purely pirate corps no longer are fully active and wanton destruction of property has been reduced, i believe has been partly due to IMG's stance against piracy, not only its diplomatic  efforts against them, but in the field of battle

You know where my office is, BB Goode. Drop me a visit or a message should you need to discuss the current state of affairs or require assistance. We are always open to options and suggestions.

Dadds.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2013, 04:53:20 PM by Dadds » Report to moderator   Logged

First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2013, 04:15:55 PM »

The only other battle there seems to be any record of and this is backed up by what Gronk has told me is this next attack here which was sent to me.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

19-Oct-2013 12:01

S/Alpha Centauri ET1

Attacker opened fire!

Gronk's Shuttle Vs. Qwazar planetary force

Weapons assault
Gronk's Shuttle maneuvers into fire range and attacks first.
Gronk's Shuttle attacks with Viper Squadron MK XX using standard formation.
Minor hit on target, doing 5106 damage!
Qwazar planetary force has been defeated!
Mining facility Mk I was looted.
Gronk's Shuttle loaded 65 m3 of Nickel to ship cargo bay.
Mining facility Mk I was looted.
Gronk's Shuttle loaded 67 m3 of Nickel to ship cargo bay.

Gronk's Shuttle Vs. SOL Station #3296

Boarding assault
Gronk's Shuttle maneuvers into boarding range first.
Gronk's Shuttle sending Marines Assault Unit MK I to find a boarding spot.
The boarding party found an area and sabotaged it, doing 6494 damage!
SOL Station #3296 surrendered and is looted!
Target cargo bay was empty.

Objective: Destroy 10% or more of the enemy while losing less % then the enemy.

Attacker victory!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I can't guarantee he or anyone else in our corp won't hit them again. But I can say it isn't on purpose and typically those that still like to raid do it in 0,0 usually.  My advice is set up further out. BTW the EoS or whatever you want to call it is in 4,0. If it ain't Gronk that hits you in 0,0 it will be someone else. That someone else might do more then just loot. You have people offering to help you guys move out further.  I suggest either you take the help or move out further yourself.  I am not trying to run you out of 0,0 but honestly it is just idiotic to even stay.  0,0 has been and always will be a hot bed for pirating activity. Especially Alpha Centauri.  Be glad PMI has strict guidelines those that pirate in our corp must follow. Most pirates don't follow by those and would do more then just loot your stuff. We don't wish for any conflict or harm to come to your corp.  Quite frankly 3 attacks isn't exactly a lot.  Qwazar did inform me the other hit on him that he no longer has a record of was also a loot. How it looks to me is Gronk is just making his rounds in 0,0 and just looting any easy targets he can find there. The easiest way to avoid this is simply not to be there. Not to mention there are better resources further out.
Dadds
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2013, 04:52:26 PM »

BTW the EoS or whatever you want to call it is in 4,0
Sorry i recall it now. Getting all mixed up and confused since i been trolling around 2,0 lately killing Raphael which was my old home quadrant days as a fresh new leader of IMG

As you say JamJul, there will always be pirates, some scurvier than the next. Not a lot of great pickings in the 0,0 quads left for miners anyway. Take an opportunity that wasnt available to us and get assistance from a top corp to help you move out to open space. This help can come in way of refuelling bases, good starter location directions etc. If you're the only player left around 0,0 then likely it will be you the pirates are hitting for those slim pickings.

Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2013, 05:15:30 PM »

Jazz has already given his support in this matter so I'm just going to say this. We always tell our members that we HIGHLY recommend that they not set up operations in 0,0. While piracy isn't rampant in the game it is most common in 0,0. Also if you don't have any defenses and are operating in 0,0, you are pretty much asking to get looted. I've been looted before but I was operating in 0,0 and had no defenses and I had it coming, so there wasn't really anything to complain about. That being said you don't have to go crazy on your defenses to hold off some of these people, even a little bit of defense helps, you just have to make it more trouble than it is worth for them to loot you. Just some helpful hints you might want to pass along to your members.

"Hear me! And if I close my mind in fear, please pry it open.
See me! And if my face becomes sincere beware.
Hold me! And when I start to come undone, stitch me together.
See me! And when you see me strut remind me of what left this outlaw torn..."
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2013, 04:23:20 AM »

Jazz has already given his support in this matter so I'm just going to say this. We always tell our members that we HIGHLY recommend that they not set up operations in 0,0. While piracy isn't rampant in the game it is most common in 0,0. Also if you don't have any defenses and are operating in 0,0, you are pretty much asking to get looted. I've been looted before but I was operating in 0,0 and had no defenses and I had it coming, so there wasn't really anything to complain about. That being said you don't have to go crazy on your defenses to hold off some of these people, even a little bit of defense helps, you just have to make it more trouble than it is worth for them to loot you. Just some helpful hints you might want to pass along to your members.

Some very good advice here. When I used to raid a lot, if a place wasn't worth the trouble I didn't bother with it. Though some pirates or terrorist that spot things like this in 0,0 might destroy it.   In the case of pirates they might do it for the profit from the wreckage.  It is just isn't worth the trouble in 0,0.

Dadds you are right they do have a lot more opportunities then were available to you guys.  For that matter more then myself. When I first started I instantly saw how bad of an idea it would be to set up in 0,0. At the same time i was afraid to go further out. So rather then become the prey I became the predator.  As I grew though and started going out further I had less and less to do with Sol and eventually even raiding became kinda boring, unprofitable and pointless for me. Had I had the opportunities they have, I might have set up further out and just went into the mining business.
sargas
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2013, 01:27:09 PM »

I mean, you can't even trust your 'friends' around here.   4

which of your friends do you find untrustworthy?
Pages: [1] 2
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: