Astro Galaxy - a realistic space exploration game
  April 24, 2024, 11:57:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: New AG update message  (Read 6891 times)
Dadds
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« on: October 31, 2013, 07:36:00 AM »

Oh golly good. We ask or hope for something interesting to keep people interested in the game and we get a language and bean counter update to count where that extra 30m3 of fuel went to. Should keep the accountants all fuzzy and warm and happy i guess. No wonder all my crew have wandered off to other games. With insanely long combat times and now an accountants package, perhaps i should go find something a bit more interesting to entertain my self with also.
Way to bore the game to an early death Sir Emi. Sorry but you get a big negative  from me on the latest "upgrade" announcement. I look down the list of what pilots ask, and what is proposed, and I just didnt see any details that the game needs a bean counter logging every transaction. I think i will turn on a 100% wormhole detector at Sol to liven my dull day up even more. Perhaps i should install 2x 100% just incase 1 of them stops sending me details of comings and goings at Sol  yawn

Dadds
Report to moderator   Logged

Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2013, 09:03:34 AM »

You are right, Sir Emi did not developed all the claimed updates but I think he needs some time to realise them. I am happy, because it is now possible to see the my own rank in the TOP Ranking and not only a "ranking near Jazzbob"

Leader
IMPERIAL TRADE ORGANISATION
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2013, 10:19:26 AM »

All the other updates are coming along nicely, but in order to keep track of all the more complex actions and make sure nothing is lost due to any bugs while you transfer stuff from and to your ships and stations, bidding on auction, buying / selling, etc. there needs to be a tracking log of everything, so you can be compensated in the unfortunate event that materials or expensive modules are lost, either by a bug or something else.

The logging system will mostly be used by game admins to keep a close watch on the items and materials moving about in the game, and will open up safe development of new features without the worry that some items / materials will be lost due to any bug, like if you would be to receive a high mark alien module from a treasure quest and accidentally don't, then the logs will show that and it will be fixed faster due to it.

Language pack I just think it's very cool to integrate it with Google translate and may bring in a lot more players... just have to do something about those paragraphs 1

JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2013, 07:49:47 AM »

Thanks for the useless update. I get the log thing but perhaps that could have waited until that other stuff is added. As for the lang thing. So useless.
sinaarrgghh
Private

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2013, 06:21:41 PM »

Useless and bloody annoying. It just looks untidy and is anyone really going to hit translate on every single bloody page? It'd drive anyone mad, either do it properly or don't, the widget is the sort of thing you'd use on your home page but nothing else.
Dadds
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2013, 07:14:08 PM »

All the other updates are coming along nicely, but in order to keep track of all the more complex actions and make sure nothing is lost due to any bugs while you transfer stuff from and to your ships and stations, bidding on auction, buying / selling, etc. there needs to be a tracking log of everything, so you can be compensated in the unfortunate event that materials or expensive modules are lost, either by a bug or something else.
I understand the importance of this, I really do. Its an important and necessary upgrade.....for Administrators. Stuff that players really dont need to worry about or concern themselves with. As such it should be a in-house upgrade and not put out there for the general populace to get all excited over, only to see once again the top priority listings of updates skipped over.
Language pack I just think it's very cool to integrate it with Google translate and may bring in a lot more players... just have to do something about those paragraphs 1
I usually find making a game more interesting brings in more players. I have played many, many multi-lingual games in my years. I find the language barrier to be the least of a players issues with judging a good and popular game. English is pretty universal, as is German, for most MMORPG's gamers. Most web browsers allow you to add a translate page widget or function to games anyway, if there is some struggle with the language barrier.

Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2013, 05:39:28 AM »

I don't know about language background in other countries but I don't need this google translation. I'am from germany and my school englisch served me well. If if don't know a word i search for it myself, I don't translate the whole site...

Leader
IMPERIAL TRADE ORGANISATION
JoolzVern
Sergeant

Nobody ever listens to Tim the wizard...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2013, 04:19:57 AM »

atention
To those of you that use firefox and hate the google translate widget like I do:

There is an addon you  can download(if it works with your version of firefox*) called "Customize Your Web".
Step 1)Install the addon, load the page, right click the CYW taskbar icon, and click "Toggle Editing".  
Step 2)Select the GTranslate widget and (right?)click "remove".
Step 3)Toggle editing off and you're done.
Now you won't see that annoying widget as long as the addon is enabled.

*Development for this addon is suspended as of Nov 20, 2013(one week ago), so it may not work on new/future versions of Firefox.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2013, 05:15:20 AM by JoolzVern » Report to moderator   Logged

offnow.org <-Stop the NSSA's subversion of your security
Prism-Break.org <-Ways to secure your data as much as possible
EFF.org <-Electronic Frontier Foundation
Stopkillerrobots.org <-Stop autonomous drones designed to hunt people
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2013, 03:08:28 PM »

atention
To those of you that use firefox and hate the google translate widget like I do:

There is an addon you  can download(if it works with your version of firefox*) called "Customize Your Web".
Step 1)Install the addon, load the page, right click the CYW taskbar icon, and click "Toggle Editing".  
Step 2)Select the GTranslate widget and (right?)click "remove".
Step 3)Toggle editing off and you're done.
Now you won't see that annoying widget as long as the addon is enabled.

*Development for this addon is suspended as of Nov 20, 2013(one week ago), so it may not work on new/future versions of Firefox.

Considering Emi is going to be making it optional that add on won't be needed for long. Still it does seem interesting. I just wish I could use firefox. Using an older laptop that can't handle the new versions of firefox.
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: