Astro Galaxy - a realistic space exploration game
  March 28, 2024, 12:11:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: On the topic of checklists and SSS  (Read 9917 times)
Dadds
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« on: November 17, 2013, 02:17:06 AM »

SSS Checklist:

1. Eliminate IMG's presence in the Sol System: Check!
2. Eliminate PMI's presence in the Sol System: Check!
3. Warn NHC of meddling in the affairs of the Syndicate: Check!
4. Ignore ITO's poor presence in the whole universe: Double Check!!

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!!!  werule
Reply to SSS checklist
1. Get bored with Raphael's pathetic attempts to be annoying and move on: Check!
2. Kill Raphael at Jupiter everytime he gets annoying against PMI: Check!
3. Have SSS send meaningless email out to dead accounts in an attempt to be bold and brave: Check!
4. Kill Raphael at every occasion when encountered: Double check!

Now some of IMG checklists:

1. Kill Raphael whenever and wherever he is encountered, by whatever means necessary: Check!
2. Laugh at Raphael's "warships" everytime they are encountered: Check!
3. Repeat checklist 1 through 2 ad infinitumuntil bored and move on to play other more interesting games with more interesting people: Double check!

Anyone can make a checklist of pointless and assumed accomplishments and claims to a victory. Not one victory has ever been achieved against IMG unless you look at my item 1 of boring me to tears with pathetic dribble and trumped-up claims
@Raphael: Put together a real list of achievements before blathering on about worthless claims about imagined victories.
My checklist at least is confirmed and backed up with substantial combat reports showing how easy you are to beat.
There is no real sport in killing you as there is no challenge in it. The NPC pirate nest missions are more interesting than your combat reports
You should start making more realistic checklists out like:
1. Wake up in morning: Check!
2. Try to walk and talk without falling over: Fail!
3. Scratch one's private bits: Check!
4. Try to find something important to do in your life: Fail!

Work on items 2 & 4. If they are too much of a challenge, focus on item 4 only

Dadds
Report to moderator   Logged

Master Sergeant

Victory is certain.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2013, 03:02:43 AM »

Hear yea, hear yea!

Here's a lesson for everyone: If someone tries to insult you by talking about non-game issues like "try to find something important to do in your life", that's the sign of being a sore loser. 

So what do you do? You ignore these kids!  laugh

Dadds
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2013, 03:58:43 AM »

LOL as for being "a kid" i celebrated my 50th "kiddy year" yesterday.
As to being "a sore loser" I dont actually ever recall losing to you, Raphael. Let me look again at my substantial records vs your mob.....nope, not one loss. Not one mine scratched. No orbitals destroyed. No ships sent packing, nothing, NADA. mmmmm i guess your definition of "loser" is different and opposite to mine. Language barrier i guess. See here in the civilised world, "LOSER" means actually losing stuff or being beaten. I think what you meant to say was "boastful winner" hahaha
You are the one with the words only, Rapha. Words you cant back up in game.

Staff Sergeant

An empire builder

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2013, 01:29:59 PM »

Dadds, I agree with you 100%. I think the same way as you but you took the time to write it. Well done. lol
sargas
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2013, 01:48:38 PM »

I agree as well...

and Dadds, Happy Belated Birthday, youngster.
Fenix
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2013, 07:21:32 PM »

Happy Birthday Dadds! Now I don't feel so old xD Makes me sad when I play games these days and it gets harder and harder to find people my age, if there is a 50 year old guy on here it gives me hope that I won't be playing with children for the rest of my life xD

"Hear me! And if I close my mind in fear, please pry it open.
See me! And if my face becomes sincere beware.
Hold me! And when I start to come undone, stitch me together.
See me! And when you see me strut remind me of what left this outlaw torn..."
sargas
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2013, 08:44:03 PM »

I am about to celebrate the 50th anniversity of my 18th birthday (I like German Chocolate cake)...
raphael
Master Sergeant

Victory is certain.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2013, 04:17:16 AM »

LOL as for being "a kid" i celebrated my 50th "kiddy year" yesterday.
As to being "a sore loser" I dont actually ever recall losing to you, Raphael. Let me look again at my substantial records vs your mob.....nope, not one loss. Not one mine scratched. No orbitals destroyed. No ships sent packing, nothing, NADA. mmmmm i guess your definition of "loser" is different and opposite to mine. Language barrier i guess. See here in the civilised world, "LOSER" means actually losing stuff or being beaten. I think what you meant to say was "boastful winner" hahaha
You are the one with the words only, Rapha. Words you cant back up in game.

My checklist didn't specify you but IMG as a whole. Look at your corp now. Only you are active, your members left because you suck at being a leader, and your corp is hiding itself somewhere. IMG isn't felt anymore in the game: no visible stations, no ships, nothing (unlike PMI, they have members everywhere, though they have lost a lot of battles recently - LOL). And all the while, my ships are getting stronger by the day and I earn at least 40 million solars a day now, so all your previous attacks amounted to nothing. Your corp members shrunk while mine grew.

Now let's compare the before and after scenario. Clearly IMG lost much much more than SSS!  laugh

P.S. I pity your life since you are already 50 and still playing games like AG. Talk about doing something important in one's life! Shouldn't you be taking care of your wife or maybe grandchildren somewhere? LOL
Jazzbob
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2013, 06:54:33 AM »

@ all: please stop talking down each others RL, ok? In my opinion it just don't matters in here.

@ raph: please don't confuse again "hiding" with "not finding"

Leader
IMPERIAL TRADE ORGANISATION
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2013, 12:21:44 PM »

Raph get over yourself.  Your not the reason so many of IMG have gone inactive.  The reason is cause of the game itself. Many are getting bored with it.  Not to mention real like takes priority over the game. PMI has lost quite a few people cause they have gone inactive as well. This was a problem both corps were facing before you even came into the picture.  The main difference between us and them though is that with what members we lose we end up getting more people that join.  If you have done anything it is that you have given some of us more of a reason to be more active.  As for battles won against us.  It is my understanding it hasn't been that many. Though it is possible some haven't been reported. Unfortunately some of our people don't speak much.  I am aware though that you have taken many losses yourself.  Look at how many science labs I have wiped out and I know some of my guys have been hitting you too. We both know this war isn't going to come down to large ship vs large ship. It's going to come down to more of what smaller targets we can find and wipe out.  Lets face it the amount of QP needed to succeed in a large ship vs large ship battle is just rediculas.

Also let me say this. I shared your little post you put up about 4,0 with others.  I removed it because you are not a GC members. Only the non-gc member making the request in that area may speak there. You mentioned in it you tried to make a deal with us.  Actually you didn't. None of us actually received any sort of message on it.  All you said on the forum was that an offer was made to us in which it wasn't. Of course then I did inform you that peace wasn't going to happen unless you actually proved you had changed and stopped attacking everyone.
raphael
Master Sergeant

Victory is certain.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2013, 08:21:48 PM »

@ all: please stop talking down each others RL, ok? In my opinion it just don't matters in here.

Exactly my point. Obviously Dadds is just a fifty-year-old kid.  laugh

Raph get over yourself.  Your not the reason so many of IMG have gone inactive.  The reason is cause of the game itself. Many are getting bored with it.  Not to mention real like takes priority over the game. PMI has lost quite a few people cause they have gone inactive as well. This was a problem both corps were facing before you even came into the picture.  The main difference between us and them though is that with what members we lose we end up getting more people that join.  If you have done anything it is that you have given some of us more of a reason to be more active.  As for battles won against us.  It is my understanding it hasn't been that many. Though it is possible some haven't been reported. Unfortunately some of our people don't speak much.  I am aware though that you have taken many losses yourself.  Look at how many science labs I have wiped out and I know some of my guys have been hitting you too. We both know this war isn't going to come down to large ship vs large ship. It's going to come down to more of what smaller targets we can find and wipe out.  Lets face it the amount of QP needed to succeed in a large ship vs large ship battle is just rediculas.

Also let me say this. I shared your little post you put up about 4,0 with others.  I removed it because you are not a GC members. Only the non-gc member making the request in that area may speak there. You mentioned in it you tried to make a deal with us.  Actually you didn't. None of us actually received any sort of message on it.  All you said on the forum was that an offer was made to us in which it wasn't. Of course then I did inform you that peace wasn't going to happen unless you actually proved you had changed and stopped attacking everyone.

We can debate all day about what really happened with IMG, but let's get to the point: Between SSS and IMG, IMG lost much much more. Now whether is was because of a "boring game" or due to the fact that they can't continuously hit my ships because of the long timers, or any other reason, all that doesn't matter now. What we can see in the game is that IMG is a has-been while SSS is now a major player.

It's true that your members don't report losses. My latest victory was 1 com ship of mine against sargas' 3 com ships. Unlike you, dadds, or any other player, I don't post these tiny victories in the forum. For me, it's really nothing to be proud--although it might be interesting for newbies.

I did notice that my post was deleted a couple of days ago but I didn't make much of it. I did offer a NAP to PMI in the forum, and it was even you who chose to decline it. I also don't see the reason why I have to prove myself when it was IMG then PMI who showed aggression towards SSS at the beginning. I hadn't attacked anyone for over 2 months when IMG decided to attack my ships based on the assumption that I was still pirating (with NO EVIDENCE, i might add). So SSS will not entertain any prerequisite to a NAP. It's just either PMI accepts it or not. My NAP offer to PMI is still open now, though I know IMG will object.

This must be one of my longest post in the forum.  laugh I'm done with this thread.
sargas
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2013, 09:27:33 PM »

The attack by your Crocodile Shear on my 'queen and her pets was reported. 

It was well executed (time wise) as I was on a 31 hour timer and had retired for the night.  (I have no issues with how you did it, I do that myself whenever possible). 

It cost me 1.15 solari to replace the crew, how much did it cost you (how many QP's did you expend)?
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2013, 12:12:16 AM »

Exactly my point. Obviously Dadds is just a fifty-year-old kid.  laugh

We can debate all day about what really happened with IMG, but let's get to the point: Between SSS and IMG, IMG lost much much more. Now whether is was because of a "boring game" or due to the fact that they can't continuously hit my ships because of the long timers, or any other reason, all that doesn't matter now. What we can see in the game is that IMG is a has-been while SSS is now a major player.

It's true that your members don't report losses. My latest victory was 1 com ship of mine against sargas' 3 com ships. Unlike you, dadds, or any other player, I don't post these tiny victories in the forum. For me, it's really nothing to be proud--although it might be interesting for newbies.

I did notice that my post was deleted a couple of days ago but I didn't make much of it. I did offer a NAP to PMI in the forum, and it was even you who chose to decline it. I also don't see the reason why I have to prove myself when it was IMG then PMI who showed aggression towards SSS at the beginning. I hadn't attacked anyone for over 2 months when IMG decided to attack my ships based on the assumption that I was still pirating (with NO EVIDENCE, i might add). So SSS will not entertain any prerequisite to a NAP. It's just either PMI accepts it or not. My NAP offer to PMI is still open now, though I know IMG will object.

This must be one of my longest post in the forum.  laugh I'm done with this thread.

Do you know why PMI decided to agree to add you to the outlaw list?  It wasn't just what was going on between you and IMG.  Do you recall you threatening to cause Sol to burn?  That kind of stuff doesn't make you look good.  It makes you look like a terrorist.  My hands are tied on the matter of a NAP right now. The only way it could happen is if you could cease all offensive actions and prove to us you have changed.  IMG prob won't ever think you will change. But their vote isn't all that matter. NHC and ITO get a vote too. Prove to all of us that you can make a change. 

4. Players deemed "outlaws" shall be added to the GC KOS list by a majority vote of the GC. All outlaw holdings are valid targets for raiding or destruction.
4.1 Players deemed "outlaws" may petition the council after a minimum time period of one (1) month has passed for removal of said designation. Removal shall only occur upon majority vote of the GC.

When I helped to write the GC charter I made sure there was a way players might be able to redeem themselves. I may be an ex-pirate now but once apon a time I was the best pirate in the game. This is why it was so hard for me to earn the trust of others. Even Dadds trust me to some extent now. Though it wasn't easy to earn that trust. If you truly want to prove you have changed and want attacks to cease here is what you need to do.

1. There must be no more attacks on any GC Property. This includes ships and it includes IMG.  Now I will understand if one of them goes to attack you and you shift things in that battle to your favor like you did me with those two older ships of mine. If he is the one starting the attack it could be considered self defense.

2. Don't go around blowing up anyone elses stuff. This includes non GC members.

3. Don't set up stations meaning to mock other players or corps. Your the leader of a corp. Time to grow up a little and act like it.

If you can do this, after a period of one month you may petition the GC to remove you from the outlaw list. Prove to me you can change and I will vote to remove you from it. But remember you have to have the majority vote to be removed. That means you must show the other members of the GC you have changed as well.  Also if you can agree to all of this right now I might be willing to order my corp to ceasefire temporarily until this matter is settled.

Dadds I know you won't like that.  But I do believe people can change.  But it is going to take a lot to convince me that he has changed.

Raph on the subject of SSS being a real presence in the galaxy. I have to disagree. Your corp has 2 members right now.  You and a guy who is barely active. Look at his player number. He has been here a long time and not really done much.  FYI I could do what your doing with marines if I wanted to.  I just prefer proper COM ships rather then over inflated marine ships.
Dadds
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2013, 02:15:21 PM »

HAW HAW HAW. You crack me up Raphael. You cant claim one hit or victory on any one of my members, or my own, holdings and yet you boast here that I have lost more than you?
Take a reality pill please!
IMG isn't felt anymore in the game: no visible stations, no ships, nothing
Well not sure about that comment for starters....if you look at corp power then you will probably notice several millions worth of it....How does one have no ships and have several millions worth of power?
All my stations are visible, problem is for you: You couldnt find them if i gave you complete directions to get there. I proved that the first time you chose to proclaim to "come and get me". It proved you couldnt do anything about it back then or even now. Your "power" is good against non thinking drones, of which you are just one of. Against true leaders and combat veterans, you are just a joke. I have the most stations of anyone out there hanging around in space and still you cant claim victory against any of them. Or maybe i have found a way to cloak all my stations....hmmmmmmm...
If the historians want to know how and where Raphael got his outlaw status, it was with the continued show of disrespect to IMG as a corp and to the GC as a conglomerate. That whole maverick, " i will attack anyone, anytime i choose" got you outlawed in our eyes.
As far as leadership goes, another analogy comes to mind. "It is far, far better to have loved and lost, than to have never loved at all" I led a band of stalwart players sick of pirates out into the abyss of space and we learnt how to fend for ourselves and to build in self-reliance out there, and continue to do so. I have led more than one person to do and accomplish those goals. You on the other hand have no leadership stories to share.
Since your stance is still Pirate you will forever remain an enemy of IMG. Changing your flag to pretend to be otherwise isnt enough.
Just ask JamJul and PMI how hard it is to earn my trust back.
For you, Raphael, there will be "no quarter offered, no quarter given" which is your gameplay.
Quit beating up on Sargas, Raphael and come try your hand at a real combat veteran. I have hung my ships out there as bait but it seems you dont want to stay around for the outcome. Come and test your comments that we have no ships......i will meet you anywhere you want on the field of battle. Pick a star system. i bet you i have it in my nav charts haha. We could organise a picnic and have observers come witness the event. Should be a grand event! Start stocking up on body bags though, you will need them.
There is nothing hidden in my game style. The brutal truth is, YOU CANT HANDLE THE TRUTH! hahaha.

Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: