Astro Galaxy - a realistic space exploration game
  April 24, 2024, 12:08:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: SOL expansion  (Read 3330 times)
Argroww
Unidentified Commander

View Profile
« on: December 16, 2013, 01:47:38 PM »

I've had a read through the suggestions and found one fairly close to this idea (SOL stations being collaboratively built), but I wondered if it would be a good idea for the effect of the Bulletin Board missions to be felt, so as colonists and prospectors are transported out to various places then colonies will form which will slowly build up to form new completion/origin points for missions.

E.G.  Each planet has a Colony level and each level relies on a certain amount of goods to be delivered specifically via a mission from Earth (due to the random nature of missions this should hopefully make colony progression fairly slow).

As colonies build up they will in turn offer more profitable "return to SOL", System or Interstellar missions.

You could also have other mission types, such as "defend colony" (for the combat orientated players), "survey site" (to establish new colony points on other planets/systems) or "transport goods" (to upgrade existing colonies).
Report to moderator   Logged
Fenix
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2013, 05:21:31 PM »

Idk if the actual story of the game meshes with that idea very well, I mean the story is that Earth used up so many resources in the research of WHG's that we now need to run out into every corner of the galaxy to grab resources and bring them back to Earth so people don't die or starve or w/e. Nick-picking about the story aside I think it's a fairly good idea, probably something that could be looked into if the market ever gets changed to a supply and demand type of market rather than the infinite amount of resources that we can buy right now. I definitely like the idea of a trading back and forth between worlds kind of thing though, right now the only trading we have is selling stuff at earth or buying materials for our modules. Or I guess if someone has a public station to buy fuel and stuff from I guess that counts as well. It sounds interesting at the very least.

"Hear me! And if I close my mind in fear, please pry it open.
See me! And if my face becomes sincere beware.
Hold me! And when I start to come undone, stitch me together.
See me! And when you see me strut remind me of what left this outlaw torn..."
aviator225
Private

President of the N.E.A

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2013, 06:19:38 PM »

I for one like this idea.
Dadds
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2013, 09:16:07 AM »

"a persistent universe" hmmmmm it requires a lot of active players to build up resources with an economy based universe. I know, i have played many. Even in those universes, there are those who have no desire for economy, only destruction or self gain.
It would be good or interesting though that by completing seemingly unrelated or uneventful quests would in somehow build a story-line within the game for those who desire that.

Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: