Astro Galaxy - a realistic space exploration game
  March 28, 2024, 06:18:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: EoS  (Read 32437 times)
sargas
EoS
« on: January 01, 2014, 02:12:53 PM »

The Sargasian Empire formally requests admission to the Galactic Council.
Report to moderator   Logged
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2014, 02:16:18 PM »

Sargas I think in order for us to consider your request you need to have more then just you in your corp. Once you have more people, like say at least 3,  I would have no problem with you joining the GC.
sargas
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2014, 02:28:32 PM »

I understand what you are saying,  but...

A Corporation (sole) is as valid as a Corporation (multi) in international law.
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2014, 02:37:25 PM »

This is not international law though.  Raph's corp has 2 people but both Dadds and myself don't see it as a valid corp. To me a valid corp eligible for GC membership should have at least 3 people in it.  As much as I would like to go ahead and say yes,  I am sure IMG and ITO will see this the same way as I am.  Get 2 more members though and you should at least be able to count on a yes vote from PMI and ITO.  IMG I guess is a wildcard and NHC I doubt will even read this.
sargas
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2014, 05:48:06 PM »

I understand (and will stipulate 3 active members), please keep my request open and I will contact you when this criteria is met.

I am still interested in the opinions of NHC, ITO, and IMG (in reverse alphabetical order).

(edit because - I wanted to wish all a very happy and enjoyable new year...

...besides, it's starting to become an art form...

...just think about it, 'Coming Soon, another piece of drival'...

...giggle...

... ...)
« Last Edit: January 01, 2014, 08:27:51 PM by sargas » Report to moderator   Logged
Dadds
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2014, 09:10:20 AM »

I understand the requirements to admission into the GC is firstly to be a fairly top and powerful corp. Secondly is by action or deed. Raphael i would have serious doubts ever to be admitted, even if he was 1 member or 10 drone members, based on the erratic game play and constant attacks and criticism of the GC . The number in your corp isnt that important (though i do believe a corp does need to prove itself by growing into a multi-member entity over time) Heck, i was once a 1 member corp, for around 15minutes lol
EoS is a new corp (albeit with senior player leader, and a former senior member of a corp member of the GC. This is in your favour, in our eyes.)

However, I would like to see how EoS conducts and stabilizes into a new form of government and corporation before giving my blessing to this.
Like the birth of a star, one can never tell which form the birth will take: a slow, long burning stable system, or a turbulent, explosive and short lived one.

I vote to see how leadership (or lack of company, in a 1 person corp) molds this new corporation and its directives. so while that is not a definitive: no for me. it also is not a clear yes.
EoS is 1 day old. Other than the fact that we know you better than new borns to the game, the facts are that any 1 day old corp would get a "no not yet" vote at the very least.
The fact that you do have good connections to members of the high council will more than likely expedite your request

In an aside: The membership of the GC needs some looking at, and i would welcome many corps and individuals to sign up to its charter, but only after the voting and administrative structure of the organisation is overhauled a little, to allow for an executive council, a member council, and a fellowship of pilots perhaps. From that executive council, perhaps an acting chair person, with the task being shared between exec reps on a cyclic nature. When there are many players signing up to what we believe is fair game play and structure, those few anarchists out there cannot then claim we are trying to control the game or tell players how to play the game.

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2014, 11:32:46 AM »

those are valid points Dadds and I thank you for you input.
Jazzbob
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2014, 01:36:45 PM »

In my personal opinion I see no problem beside the age of your corp. But I have to discuss this topic within the ITO first.

Leader
IMPERIAL TRADE ORGANISATION
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2014, 03:28:40 PM »

Ok now I am not even sure about letting them into the GC.  Mata just went over and joined him which he is fine. But he removed all the stuff he had made for the big corp ship.  Stuff that was made for corp use.  That means it no longer personally belonged to him. There was no understanding that it was just a loan.
sargas
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2014, 06:05:36 PM »

I knew nothing about that.
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2014, 06:08:29 PM »

Maybe so but he is still a part of your corp and his actions reflect on your corp.  I told him if he had just let me know I would have let him have some of them back.  I would have just asked to have kept the shields.  Him leaving, his only message being on the corp board and then just siezing them back is very frusterating. As far as I could see it, it was corp property.  But as you know I can be nice and wouldn't have had an issue giving most back to him.  Just as I gave you a bunch of advanced mines and harvesters from the corp mining ships i was working on to help your new corp.
sargas
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2014, 10:53:26 PM »

The three active member criteria has been met.

How old do I need to be?
sargas
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2014, 11:10:56 PM »

Maybe so but he is still a part of your corp and his actions reflect on your corp.  I told him if he had just let me know I would have let him have some of them back.  I would have just asked to have kept the shields.  Him leaving, his only message being on the corp board and then just siezing them back is very frusterating. As far as I could see it, it was corp property.  But as you know I can be nice and wouldn't have had an issue giving most back to him.  Just as I gave you a bunch of advanced mines and harvesters from the corp mining ships i was working on to help your new corp.

and I purchased the surplus modules from PMI...
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2014, 11:47:12 PM »

Excuse me but you did no such thing. You left some diamonds for PMI as a farewell gift.  I gave you some stuff as a gift prior to that.  We both did good on each other there.  I don't got any issues with you Sargas.  I have an issue with Mata and what he did.  Unfortunately he is a part of your corp. There for his actions reflect back on your corp.  So I can't at this time make any decisions about this.  If a vote was to be called for now I would have to say no based on what has happened.
sargas
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2014, 12:13:36 AM »

there is no need for a vote at this time.  Just keep me in mind.

I have fulfilled the PMI criteria.

I am now waiting for both IMG and ITO criteria regarding how old I need to be.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: