Astro Galaxy - a realistic space exploration game
  April 28, 2024, 08:44:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Divorce  (Read 3641 times)
Matamaure001
Staff Sergeant

An empire builder

View Profile
« on: January 05, 2014, 02:51:32 PM »

I am not a thief to the contrary of what JamJulLison say. You are simply the witness of a

divorce that went sour.

In a divorce, it is customary to divide the belongings of the partners.

You may say that I should have negotiated with JamJulLison first. But for negotiations to

succeed each party need to have power. I had none and JamJulLison as leader had all powers,

he could have kicked me out of the corp and I would have had nothing.

I took 199.3 millions of goods I had built and I left behind hundreds of millions of

contributions I made to the corp. I did not take anything that had been done by somebody

else. I also shared all my insights on how to win the game. Those are priceless and could not

be returned to me. In this divorce, I am the big loser. I went with less than half of what I

contributed to the corp. I did not ask anything from the corp. That seem to me a sad but just

and fair deal.

Also, I was attached and proud of many of our members that performed admirably. I am still

sad not to be in the same corp anymore. Ask yourself why all VIPs (me and Sargas) of the top

corp (PMI) had to quit? Those that want to join us in the Empire of Sargas are welcome.

Then, JamJulLison showed is true personality; since he could not attack me (lack of power) he

attacked Sargas with complete disregard of the rules of the GC. Shame on you, JamJulLison

What now?
JamJulLison will argue, argue, argue...........

Captain Matamaure,
Director of Militia, Empire of Sargas
Report to moderator   Logged
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2014, 03:22:12 PM »

Those modules were made by you and you gave them to the corp to be used on the big corp ship. That makes them corp property. Simple as that.  If you had asked me if you could have had them back, I would have said sure but requested you let me keep the shields.  Simple as that.  We could have worked something out. Instead you just left a simple goodbye on the corp board, took the modules when I wasn't even online and left.  You know very well I can reasonable.  Part of the reason Sargas was attacked is because he seemed to be showing little regard to the situation and wasn't seeming to try to help with the matter.  By doing that he showed insult to me, the corp and a betrayal of our friendship.  So the next course of action that made sense to me was attacking him.  It is as simple as that.  if I thought I could have hit you I would have as well. But you don't got any stations or mines. You just have ships which you keep out doing COMs that are too powerful for anything I can take.  Not to mention the attack timers would be so high that even if I could have taken one, you could have easily jumped away before the timer was complete.  Don't act all innocent in this.   I appreciated everything you did for the corp and you know I can be very reasonable. But leaving like you did and just taking corp property without even discussing it with me is theft plain and simple.  Something which I do not tolerate.
Dadds
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2014, 04:05:08 PM »

Ask yourself why all VIPs (me and Sargas) of the top corp (PMI) had to quit?
I dont want to get in the middle of a lovers tiff gone wrong or anything but Sargas did also ask me to mediate in another thread and i am reviewing all discussions relating to this matter.
My first question would be, to ask exactly that question. Why did you leave PMI if you had good friends there, had worked and contributed to building a large corp (as well as personal growth) and was likely the number 2 in charge of the outfit there? (guessing, but my military man is my 2IC so it would make sense his 2IC would also be the military commander)

From all the experiences that i have had when working for various organisations, corporations and government, it is a general practice to sign off that while working for the said corporation, that any and ALL intellectual property, research and discoveries, etc, remain with that corporation when your tenure is up (either voluntarily or in the act of dismissal)
Now some companies can reward loyalty, effort and long service with a cash (or kind) payout providing the split is an amicable one (or that corp just wants to get rid of an individual and does a "sweetheart deal" to get rid of him/her)
That being said, i cant pity your issues with loss of all the training hours you put into the corp. This is part and parcel of belonging to a team.
Now, does this model meant to include intellectual property AND physical property that i helped build for a corp? (It would be funny if i was the designer of the Golden Gate bridge, or Sydney harbour, and after leaving i chose to take ownership of that property. Man would i be rich with toll booths!)

I am not completely unsympathetic to your cause however. Its true that the modules in question can only be built by yourself in that corp and (possibly) paid for by you also out of personal funds (though if any of that money was earned from corp ships.....then technically that can be a whole 'nother can o' worms). I for one am not unhappy that your tech remains in your hands so it doesnt give other corporations a false power image.

In the case of a divorce however, since that is how you put it:

In a divorce, it is also customary to file for divorce and have a representative to legally decide how the split should go down based on individual circumstances of the two parties. (plus who has the best lawyer lol)
I dont see any evidence of filing for divorce here. I see someone packing up their bags in the middle of the night, leaving a "im sorry note" on the fridge and scarpering off with their girl/boyfriend and as much furniture as they can pack to continue to have a comfy lifestyle (dont forget the coffee maker!).
Correct me if i am wrong or out of line with the analogy, but i can only go on what i read here at the forums. As the jilted lover, i can understand why Jam-Jul is upset, more so because he didnt see it coming.
Is it therefore OK then to take a loaded gun and blow away the lover? I dont think that was also the wisest of choices, for which i have already spoken to him(Jam-Jul) about as a member of the GC.
The reason i am the one getting involved in all this? I am the senior GC member and probably the only one tough enough to call it as i see it, should you (Matamure) start getting all gnarly at me with loaded weapons and grunts for getting involved in a domestic lol
Anyway, we are getting a financial overview of the circumstances. Sargas lost just over $4M solari and PMI has lost over $199M of corporate wealth off his share-market. At least that will give the bean-counters something to go on to get things into perspective.
Read this with the levity at which i try to introduce to the situation a little, to ease tensions, and not as something i am making light of, or fun at.

Dadds (divorce mediator-at-large)

Staff Sergeant

An empire builder

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2014, 05:12:34 PM »

Since you asked: Why did I quit PMI?

first: because of taxes. When I joined PMI it was on 2 conditions: no taxes and no pirating. I contributed about 200 millions in taxes that are a complete lost to me now. As for pirating, I did not know JamJulLison at the time!

second: the way he treated Sargas in the forum (he cannot tolerate the liberty of speech if we do not agree with him)

third: Use of corp property to his own profit. When I build the big corp ship with my own fund and with no money from corp ships I tested if for one week. Then I told JamJulLison that he could test it for one week also. In my thinking, it was going to go from one VIP member to another one. JamJulLison never relinquish the control of the ship. A few weeks ago, to stay head of Ralph in rankings, I asked for the ship for 5 days. He argued. I pleaded to get it. He argued again saying he was using it to beat you Dadds in rankings. I told him I had built the ship in the first place and he finally accepted to let me use it for a week.

forth: The future direction of the corp. He intends to have the GC dissolved, break the NAPs with everyone (no rules anymore) and go on a rampage across the galaxy to destroy everything in his path including all members of the GC. He wanted us to participate in this. At first I did think it was a joke. A few days later he came back with the same proposition. It is completely opposed to what I want. Go read the objective of The Empire of Sargas, this is exactly what I want.

About the loaded gun, removing the modules served also to protect me and the galaxy from a potential…

Dadds, if you have any other questions, do not hesitate.

Captain Matamaure
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2014, 07:39:52 PM »

Since you asked: Why did I quit PMI?

first: because of taxes. When I joined PMI it was on 2 conditions: no taxes and no pirating. I contributed about 200 millions in taxes that are a complete lost to me now. As for pirating, I did not know JamJulLison at the time!

When you first joined with Wolfdoc there was no pirating. Then the merging occured. I am sorry if Wolfdoc didn't share with you all the details of the merger but pirating being allowed was a part of what me and him had discussed.  As for taxes.  I don't like them. But they aren't high now. When we added the 2 percent tax I put the matter to a vote with the corp and the majority was for it.  I did try to raise it again later but it was voted again. So we didn't raise it again.

second: the way he treated Sargas in the forum (he cannot tolerate the liberty of speech if we do not agree with him)

Sargas speaking out in the council members area only was against the charter.  On matters only the original poster (if outside the gc chambers themselves), GC Reps and GC Corp leaders may speak. That is plain and clear in the charter.  As for when I requested him to quite down when the Dadds was getting fired up, I requested he do so because all he was doing was getting Dadds fired up more increasing the chances of being attacked by him. You will notice on our corp forum I didn't do anything of the sort. Also you barely get on here and when dadds was getting upset you hadn't even been keeping track of the forum. You didn't know something was going on until I told you.

third: Use of corp property to his own profit. When I build the big corp ship with my own fund and with no money from corp ships I tested if for one week. Then I told JamJulLison that he could test it for one week also. In my thinking, it was going to go from one VIP member to another one. JamJulLison never relinquish the control of the ship. A few weeks ago, to stay head of Ralph in rankings, I asked for the ship for 5 days. He argued. I pleaded to get it. He argued again saying he was using it to beat you Dadds in rankings. I told him I had built the ship in the first place and he finally accepted to let me use it for a week.

The big corp ship was designed to be used by the leaders (PMI Leader, Navy Division Leader and Mining Division leader) in times of difficulty.  Such as war.  Yes I did use it a lot. I needed the income to help continue to continue to work on our other corperate ships.  Yes that is where most of what was brought in was used for.  For a long time though when we had Jupiter I kept it parked at Jupiter to help protect it.  No one objected to me using it.  I actually had plans to pass it over to sinaarrgghh for a while soon.  It was never intended for general corp use though. That is what the PMI COM ships are for. As for when he asked to use it. I gave him a bit of a hard time using it but I ment it as joking around. Though I did want to keep ahead of dadds in rankings. There wasn't much argueing over him using it though.  He got it the same day he asked for it.  I would also like to point out we do have some corp ship guidelines. They are a bit out of date at the moment but here they are. BTW no one questioned me when I put these in place. Matter of fact Mata here praised me for it.

SOS Corp Ship

1. These are to be used for SOS missions only.
2. Replace any fuel you use up while using the ship.
3. If you wish to use one of the command ships send a PM to me.
4. Try not to get the ship stranded somewhere in space.
5. Do not remove any modules that are on the ship or try to upgrade them without permission from one of the leaders.
6. Do not get rid of any of the personnel on the ship. You are free to shift around personnel on the ship as needed with the living quarters to adjust your engine speeds.

Command Corp Ships

1. These are for the use of the Corp leaders. (Co-Leader, Mining Leader, Pirating/Navy Leader)
2. Do not ask to use these.
3. Depending on the situation, Command of this ship may be given to non-leader.
4. Only leaders are authorized to make upgrades to the ship. Though non-leaders assigned command of the ship may make upgrades if they get permission from one of the leaders.
5. Before making an upgrade, notify the other leaders of this.
6. If you are a non-leader given command, do not add or dismiss any personnel without permission from one of the leaders.
7. Replace any fuel you use on the ship when you are done with it.

Scout Corp Ship

1. These are to be used for scouting for enemy locations.
2. Avoid Combat whenever possible.
3. Access to these ships will be restricted to leaders and members of the Navy
4. Do not ask to use one of these if your not part of the navy.
5. All upgrades require approval from one of the leaders.
6. No removing any modules without approval from one of the leaders.
7. Do not add or dismiss any staff on these ships without permission from one of the leaders.
8. Replace any fuel used on the ship after you are done with it.

These guidelines were added before we started putting together regular corp ships. They were added Mar 4, 2013 at 3:18am.

forth: The future direction of the corp. He intends to have the GC dissolved, break the NAPs with everyone (no rules anymore) and go on a rampage across the galaxy to destroy everything in his path including all members of the GC. He wanted us to participate in this. At first I did think it was a joke. A few days later he came back with the same proposition. It is completely opposed to what I want. Go read the objective of The Empire of Sargas, this is exactly what I want.

What he is referring to was I was preparing for what we might do if the GC was ever disolved. No one has worked harder then I have to tried to keep it together.  But I wanted to be prepared if it happened.  If it had been disolved I considered ending our NAP with NHC and trying to keep our NAP with IMG if possible. Dadds is well aware of both of those things because I have discussed it with him.  I have also discussed it with a member of ITO as well.  I will admit I did consider possible going on a rampage of those we would no longer have a NAP with.  I figured it would be a good way to get rid of inactives and give a wake up call to everyone as to just how much good the GC had actually done.  Not to mention I have been bored and figured it would shake things up a little.

About the loaded gun, removing the modules served also to protect me and the galaxy from a potential…

Dadds, if you have any other questions, do not hesitate.

Captain Matamaure

How did stealing corp modules serve to protect you?  You gave those to PMI to be use on that corp ship.  If you had asked, You would have gotten most of them back. I would have tried to work something out with you to possibly keep the shields.  No one in EoS was at a threat from me.  Hell me and Sargas were in the process of discussing a NAP when this occured.   A threat to EoS only occured after the modules were stolen, after Sargas kept seeming to just blow off the issue and just give me a bunch of bullcrap responses.  None of this would have ever happened if you hadn't done this in the first place.  I am not going to force someone to stay in in my corp if they don't want to.  If they want some of what they made to help out the corp back that is fine.  But to blindly just take the stuff and run, that is just wrong and a low blow to both me and PMI.  Especially considering the fact that you were my number 2. Yes you and Sargas were considered equals while he was with us. But when I thought I was going to lose my net I picked you to take command if I lost it.  When he left I made you my official number 2.  I trusted you mata.  I thought you were my friend. But you betrayed both me and the corp with your actions.
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: