Astro Galaxy - a realistic space exploration game
  April 23, 2024, 06:00:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Baptism of Fire  (Read 7233 times)
sargas
« on: January 20, 2014, 11:57:52 PM »

The missing PMI (or TGE) property has been returned...

(edit - no, never mind, that seems to say it as it is...)
« Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 12:01:15 AM by sargas » Report to moderator   Logged
Dadds
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2014, 08:06:46 AM »

Noted....
Report to moderator   Logged

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2014, 04:33:30 AM »

JJL has compensated (as far as I am concerned) me for his attack on my Jupiter Station.

This issue has been resolved and is now closed!

Thank you for your assistance.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2014, 11:50:32 PM by sargas » Report to moderator   Logged
Dadds
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2014, 04:52:54 AM »

Rgr that Sargas.

There is still the matter of a GC member breaking its rules and regulations however.
One which we will deal with internally, for now.

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2014, 11:36:23 AM »

I will be watching...

btw, JJ gave me 6 modules (worth ~ 4.5 million solari), which satifies my losses at Jupiter, but has not yet paid the penalty of 1 million (imposed by the council).
« Last Edit: January 28, 2014, 08:05:27 PM by sargas » Report to moderator   Logged
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2014, 01:24:53 AM »

It cost above 5 mill to build those. I think it was around 5.5 mill on cost.
sargas
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2014, 02:03:58 AM »

I don't care what you paid to manufacture them, they are only worth ~4.5 million on the market.  As I said, I am satisfied with them for compensation for my losses.  

i am just saying that the GC imposed penalty has not yet been met.
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2014, 02:19:55 AM »

As far as I am concerned it has been.  The total cost to build them covered that.  I could care less the resale value of the modules.  I only count what it cost to build them.
sargas
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2014, 03:27:16 AM »

Rgr that Sargas.

There is still the matter of a GC member breaking its rules and regulations however.
One which we will deal with internally, for now.

JJL, I do not care what the cost was for your compensation, the mods are only worth ~4.5 million and I am satisfied with it as compensation.  Nothing more needs to be said about this portion of your punishment.

You still need to fulfill the GC penalty for your breaking of your law.

I (and the entire galaxy) will be watching to see if the GC is honorable in it's decisions.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 03:33:17 AM by sargas » Report to moderator   Logged
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2014, 03:31:35 AM »

In my opinion I have with the total it cost me to build those.  If we were to go by resale value, then the value of your mods you lost at Jupiter would actually have been less. Since damages I am pretty sure count as the cost to build the modules. Not the value one would get when selling them.
sargas
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2014, 03:36:21 AM »

Please stop trying to use these mods as payment.  I am satisfied (the last time I will say this) with the compensation.

The penalty imposed by the GC is seperate, and I expect it to be paid.

for the restitution, i recommend the loss of replacement cost (previously stated at $4M+), plus $1M for loss of incomes and time in rebuilding these are seperate penalties.
For the GC imposed penalty for breaking one of its own (and written by the accused) laws; I recommend a suspended sentence of no less than 3 months to be served. In that time should Jam-Jul Lison again breach our codes and laws, to be immediately and summarily dispelled from the GC office.
Also, Jam-Jul should be ordered to make a formal public apology to the plaintiff, as well as a formal apology to the GC for bringing our organisation into disrepute, which should also include the general community for those who may consider any "loss in faith" toward what the Galactic Council is all about.
Other optional punishments could include some community service, to assist a newer player to get a help along in the game.
I draw upon several considerations when suggesting this penalty.
1. That the act was similar to "a crime of passion" as done out of frustration and;
2 The fact that the accused is a senior founding member of the Galactic Council and therefore should not be above the law, but more respecting of its rules than a new member would ordinarily be held accountable to.
3. That there appears to be some amiable moves by each party to reach terms regarding the initial loss of PMI corporate properties.
Court costs are done "PRO-BONO" this time, however should I be called upon to make another ruling against one of our own, i will consider court costs as "time lost" outside of my normal working duties lol
This is my finding in the case. Should anyone have any better ideas, more lenient, less lenient, please post them or PM them to me ASAP, or I will consider my final statement here to be an acceptance by all and to make it a decree.
That is all. I await my colleagues and jury on final agreement to its ruling

« Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 03:38:40 AM by sargas » Report to moderator   Logged
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2014, 03:40:20 AM »

I consider that additional to be payed with the total cost of the mods.  That is why i spent as much as I did on 6 MK 100 advanced cargoes rather then just 5.  I took care of it all at once.  I am sorry you don't want to count the cost to actually build the mods but I do count it.
sargas
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2014, 03:46:16 AM »

Well, let us see what the GC has to say.

Nothing more needs to be said until the GC responds.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 03:47:53 AM by sargas » Report to moderator   Logged
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: