Astro Galaxy - a realistic space exploration game
  March 29, 2024, 11:12:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Corp Alliances  (Read 4154 times)
Fenix
Sergeant

View Profile
« on: January 23, 2014, 04:47:44 PM »

Ok, so alliances are nothing new to the game really and SirEmi has already created a board for such an alliance of corps here on the forums. What I would like to see is actual alliances in the game though. Right now any alliance that is forged between corps is simply an agreement between players, nothing more than some words we might put up on our corp page saying so and so is an ally. However these alliances can easily be broken by a simple mistake by a new member or something of that nature. So I would like to see an actuall in game option to form a formal alliance with other corps, of course that alliance would have to be approved by the other corp leader much in the way another player has to accept a friend request. I think there should be two different kinds of alliances, first would be a simple NAP (Non-Attack Pact) where by anybody in the two corps that are forming an alliance can't actually attack anybody in the other corp. This shouldn't be too difficult to do I would think and honestly I've been a little surprised as I went through the old threads that nothing like this was suggested (at least nothing I saw anyway.).

The second one would be a more powerful alliance (I'm not that good with names so maybe Dadds or Jam or somebody can figure out something better than this) simply called Ally. This alliance would actually allow ships from different corps to defend the other corps in the alliance. The way it works right now makes it very difficult to actually defend or help an ally against any attack, just about the most you can do is park a ship in the same place they are at and hope that they tell you if they come under attack and give you enough time to not only attack the aggressor back in retaliation but to stop them from hitting your ally, in most cases that simply isn't going to happen and you could be lucky just to hit them before they jump away. Of course this would only apply to corp ships defending your allies, as I understand it private ships from other players do not help to defend you if you come under attack even if you are in the same corp (which I think that they should but that is another discussion that should probably happen in the combat mechanics thread.) however corp ships will, so I believe it should be fairly easy to then extend that protection to your ally/allies. Something like this would vastly improve the ability for multiple corps to work together towards a common goal.
Report to moderator   Logged

"Hear me! And if I close my mind in fear, please pry it open.
See me! And if my face becomes sincere beware.
Hold me! And when I start to come undone, stitch me together.
See me! And when you see me strut remind me of what left this outlaw torn..."
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2014, 05:06:25 PM »

Great ideas.  I would like to add something to this as well.  Perhaps when you have the 2nd kind of alliance, it is possible to trade modules and res between alliances.  Then again we need a good trading system anyways.
Fenix
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2014, 02:25:39 AM »

Yea, I would think trading would happen between anybody not just limited to corps, hopefully we will get a proper trading system sometime in the future here xD

sargas
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2014, 04:08:16 AM »

I think no on situation 1.  do not put in anything that will prevent mistakes (pilot error)...
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2014, 04:38:18 AM »

I think no on situation 1.  do not put in anything that will prevent mistakes (pilot error)...

Why not? Sometimes people do make the mistake of attacking those who are under a NAP or allied with another.  Something in place to help prevent such a thing from happening can be a very good thing.  When we were PMI we actually had this happen a few times with some of our people.  You don't know how many times I wish something like this had been in place.  When this sorta thing happened I would be forced to contact the respective corp leader and explain things to them. It isn't always easy to convince them it really was a mistake.
Fenix
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2014, 09:08:48 AM »

Yea I see no reason not to put it in... plus the 2nd stronger alliance I spoke about kind of already would have the NAP settings as well. I didn't really thought that needed to be mentioned it was simply implied. If you have an agreement to not attack someone then it shouldn't be a problem. Besides a new member making a mistake or even an older one I've often myself had problems on other games with clicking the wrong things on accident while I was poking around the game or maybe my ad blocker blocks something while a page is loading and I click only to have stuff move around on me and I click something I didn't intend to.

Jazzbob
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2014, 12:48:04 PM »

I really like Fenix ideas. In my opinion a trading system is very important! there has to be a possibility to open stations like the 3 SOL stations in earth orbit. This would be very interesting for miners: selling the own minerals and gases or fuel

Leader
IMPERIAL TRADE ORGANISATION
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: