Astro Galaxy - a realistic space exploration game
  April 19, 2024, 05:33:33 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Submission for review for addition to GC Charter  (Read 4236 times)
Aysle
Corporal

View Profile
« on: February 07, 2014, 04:30:34 AM »

Sorry Ive been MIA so much lately... RL has been crazy... baby here in about 6-8 weeks and maybe sooner because of health issues...

Anyways... I just finished catching up on all the talk on the GC Non-member forum and I have a simple solution.

I propose this addition to the GC charter.

12. All GC members will engage in battle with all enemies of the GC when spotted. Including All KOS Captains or declared enemies of the GC.
12.1.1 If the battle odds are not in your favor, you may message all GC reps or Corp leaders alerting to the location of the enemy either in-game or via the public forums.
12.1.2. If no other GC ship(s) arrives within eight (8) hours you may withdraw from battle.
12.2 All GC members are expected to fight to the best of their ability even if a loss is expected. In the case of an expected loss cargo should be jettisoned or transferred to another ship to deny the enemy spoils.
12.3 When GC enemies are located all captains are required to alert their Corp chain of command ASAP so that the location can be disseminated to all other GC corps ASAP.
12.4.1 Observed Failure to perform GC policing duties is grounds for immediate probation of the offending Corp and/or Member.
12.4.2 If a member of your Corp is placed on probation for failure to perform GC policing duties and after a GC council vote you continue to harbor said member said Corp will be placeed on probation for expulsion from the GC.

I call for an immediate vote on these additions to the GC charter. I believe they are needed and are fair terms.
If you wish to revise feel free to reply with your revisions. After each post of revisions I will attempt to incorporate your additions/objections and call again for a vote until the vote is passed
Report to moderator   Logged
Aysle
Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2014, 04:36:09 AM »

IMG votes yes for this addition.

The GC will require a Yes vote of all members to make this addition at this time due to the number of members
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2014, 06:20:18 AM »

12. All GC members will engage in battle with all enemies of the GC when spotted. Including All KOS Captains or declared enemies of the GC.

To automatically expect this isn't a good idea.  Not everyone is capable of hitting an enemy right away. For example not all of my ships can handle all of raph's right now. ITO has an even bigger issue in that regard. Passing on intel though to me is acceptable.

12.1.1 If the battle odds are not in your favor, you may message all GC reps or Corp leaders alerting to the location of the enemy either in-game or via the public forums.

I tend to do this with many of the targets even when it is favorable. Especially when I run into one of Raph's ships.

12.1.2. If no other GC ship(s) arrives within eight (8) hours you may withdraw from battle.

No one should be expected to hang around where one someone's ship is if they could possibly be beaten. Especially for that long. What is to stop Raph or another outlaw from using QP to speed up an attack to hit them?  Not to mention if you hang around that long at the very least the outlaw is likely to notice them there at some point and perhaps decide to go ahead and flee. Better to not give him/her that he/she has been spotted there.

12.2 All GC members are expected to fight to the best of their ability even if a loss is expected. In the case of an expected loss cargo should be jettisoned or transferred to another ship to deny the enemy spoils.

If someone expects a loss they shouldn't fight period.  Now if they do think they can win and they got a ship nearby, then yes for just in case they should transfer their stuff over to it. That is just common sense.

12.3 When GC enemies are located all captains are required to alert their Corp chain of command ASAP so that the location can be disseminated to all other GC corps ASAP.

I do agree on this one.

12.4.1 Observed Failure to perform GC policing duties is grounds for immediate probation of the offending Corp and/or Member.

The GC are not the police though.  Yes the GC was designed to help protect newer players, but it was also created to help create checks and balances on us larger corps who are a part of the GC.  It was never ment to be a police force.

12.4.2 If a member of your Corp is placed on probation for failure to perform GC policing duties and after a GC council vote you continue to harbor said member said Corp will be placeed on probation for expulsion from the GC.

I can't expect all of my people to be able to carry out all of this.  Some of them aren't very powerful themselves. Many of ITO aren't that powerful either.  I am always on the look out for new members. It is important to remember that not everyone can operate and perform on the same level as us larger players. At the very least all I ask from my guys is they notify me when they spot an outlaw's stuff. Especially raph's.  I don't expect them to engage it though since not every one of them can do so. 
Dadds
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2014, 06:55:07 AM »

OK now we have everybodies attention!!!
wow, ok i wish i had have seen this submission before it was proposed...quite weighty......I must have missed its submission onto my desk somehow....
Let me get back to ya all when I find that hard copy that must have been submitted to me someplace...
Capt Aysle...a word please! ;)

Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2014, 07:34:08 AM »

"engage in battle" should be defined as willingness to engage in battle and to perform an active scan on all enemies, which could be considered a hostile act anyway.
You SHOULD message any or all GC reps or online Corp leaders through correct chain-of-command to alert the GC and its members of the location ASAP. Provide intel as to ship name, power rating, number of ships present. Other ships and factions present and report any ground or other orbital platforms present. This intel to be posted to the Galactic Charter forums thread. The GC rep will have a sticky thread prepared and made available to post all this information into.
After conducting an active scan on the enemy which should be posted in its entirety to the galactic council forums for all GC members to evaluate, that pilot should wait until an active member of the GC acknowledges and responds to the pilot discovering an enemy. If there are no active members online or none respond in a timely fashion, then the pilot may consider a withdraw from combat arena if it is vastly overwhelmed by the opponent.
As covered in my edit of 12.1.1 and 12.1.2 I recommend as a minimum, all GC corp leader and rep members have friend status with each other. As an extension, all members of corp belonging to the GC should have a friend request submitted to all GC corp leaders and/or GC reps.
replace policing with reporting or "active duties".
Observed failure should include a failure for a GC member to respond to a call or failure to have reasonable reason to respond to a call when asked by a requesting pilot. Other observed failures would be sharing facilities and or positions and modules in same orbital or system as the enemy without reporting their presence to the GC. Please add to this list on definitions of "Observed failure" here please.
12.4.2 as a natural progression from 12.4.1

Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: