Astro Galaxy - a realistic space exploration game
  March 29, 2024, 09:56:11 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Astro Galaxy and Bitcoin rewards system  (Read 7383 times)
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« on: March 05, 2014, 12:34:12 PM »

I'm sure you heard of all the commotion with Bitcoin lately, but that's nothing to worry about.

The Bitcoin payment method is getting more popular each day, especially for micro transactions and such. As long as users know to keep a low balance for every day payments, it should work very well.

So, to the main topic now. I'm exploring the possibility of not only adding Bitcoin as a new payment method, but also getting the players involved in the process of marketing and getting new players in Astro Galaxy.

The idea is that instead of investing money into expensive advertising that doesn't seem to work too well, we could give out this money in Bitcoin to players that bring in others like this:

The players that want to be paid in Bitcoin will verify their email, then they will be issued an e-wallet by the game. This e-wallet is actually a Bitcoin address that the game can deposit into. When you have some money in there you can always transfer it to your main Bitcoin address, when you read how it works and such. I'll try to provide documentation as much as I can in the process and you can always message me / Support with questions.

Q: Now, why and how will the players be paid?
A: When a new players joins, it will be tagged as being referred by some player. Then some checks are made to make sure this player is new, it has to be a new IP that was never used in the game before. Also, this new player has to be active and reach tiers that we will set. Each tier, when achieved will make the player that referred him some Bitcoin. For example if the new player graduates from the SEA course, the referring player will get $3 directly deposited in the Bitcoin address attached to the account. Other tiers will follow and there will be a page detailing all the tiers, like if the player reaches 50k power, again some Bitcoin. This will be combined with the ability for the player that referred to see basic information about his players, and send them messages to help out, and make them reach tiers and thus make him money.

Q: How will the players bring others to play Astro Galaxy?
A: The players will share their referral link from account room, that will contain the user ID that will be linked to the e-wallet in the player account. They will also see some information, like clicks and who registered and commissions paid.

Q: What is this Bitcoin and how do I get paid?
A: Bitcoin is a payment system that enables you to be your own bank. It removes intermediaries from the process and gives more freedom then ever to the payment system. Thus, we are able to pay you instantly in value that is equal to hard cash, and without any transaction fees. Once you get paid to your game e-wallet, even if it's just a small amount, you can easily transfer your balance to any other address and from there to your bank account. Every country has their own exchange that will enable you to convert your Bitcoin to cash very fast or you can always use it to pay online, just like Paypal.

Q: How will you manage cheating and multi-account issues or bots?
A: We will keep records of all login data, messaging etc. and if one is found to cheat the system by making multiple accounts in order to get the rewards, he will be disqualified from the rewards system. The same goes for bots. Please remember that using automated bots or multi-accounts for the purpose of cheating the system will also break the TOS, thus can lead to account locks. This will be monitored very closely to ensure a fair system. The system will be made in such a way as to discourage abuse, while also rewarding players that actually care about growing Astro Galaxy. We will check each and every player that is climbing the reward tier system to make sure it is not a bot or an alt, you can be sure of that.

That's all for now, you should see this project in the new update that will list projects in game coming soon  17

« Last Edit: March 05, 2014, 12:40:23 PM by SirEmi » Report to moderator   Logged

Matamaure001
Staff Sergeant

An empire builder

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2014, 05:25:29 PM »

You want more players and you want your players to be more active!!!

First, active players are very rare. To retain them, you need to add more FUN to the game by:

1- fixing the broken battle system.
2- add more mission types.
3- be more responsive to your players.
4- add 2 new populated rings (ring 5 and ring 6).
5- find a way to renew the mining ressources on planets and moons other than novas (mining is not worth it anymore)
6- ... (there is already many nice update that have been suggested already in suggestions)

After that we can invite our friends and they will stay and become active astro-galaxy players.

Why I am still playing the game? Because I am of the type empire builder, I love science fiction and I have a very nice competition from Raphael.

But I have been waiting patiently for the promise upgrades that are long overdue.

Captain Matamaure
Report to moderator   Logged
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2014, 12:00:15 AM »

I'd be pretty happy if nova's, additional stuff past the 4th ring and possibly corp stations would be added in. Of course a fix of the battle system would be really good.  Especially them d**n timers.
raphael
Master Sergeant

Victory is certain.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2014, 07:55:40 AM »

I've actually reached a point where I think that ANY game update is good. LOL

It's been over five months since we saw an actual update to the game.
lisunken
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2014, 12:25:28 PM »

True to all above responds.  I has look around sol. There are no space for new player to growth and traveling will take days. Any new player will not have the patience just wait on long traveling and mining time. Will just give up this game and play some other games. THE GAME NEED A MAJOR UPGRADES NOT ONLY TO INVITE NEW PLAYER BUT KEEPING THE EXISTING.

SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2014, 12:25:37 PM »

The update is coming very soon. And yes the Nova project and combat Revamp will be higher priority.

Bitcoin payment method will be introduced with the update as well as a new interface skin that uses lighter colors, but otherwise priority is given to game improvements first.

The e-wallet project will be a separate project that will come later on.

JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2014, 02:27:22 AM »

The update is coming very soon. And yes the Nova project and combat Revamp will be higher priority.

Bitcoin payment method will be introduced with the update as well as a new interface skin that uses lighter colors, but otherwise priority is given to game improvements first.

The e-wallet project will be a separate project that will come later on.

I will believe it when I see it.  You have been saying novas will be coming soon for over a year now.
JoolzVern
Sergeant

Nobody ever listens to Tim the wizard...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2014, 10:43:13 PM »

I second Mata's suggestion especially in regards to points 2, 4 and 5.

I think this is a great idea and applicatioin of the technology.  Other than that it kinda makes me wish I waited to invite ITO's newest member to the game  laugh

As a side note I do expect to see more 'commotion' from government, banking and private institutions(exchanges) as allowing bitcoin to go on independently threatens the Federal Reserve's ability to print money out of nowhere to buy bombs with. If it gets big enough and they can't turn it into a system where they control the (global digital)currency, they will outlaw it or something to maintain control.

But hey, as long we're not putting our life savings into it I say go for it and see what happens.

I also play for the same reasons as Mata, and so I want to see Astro-Galaxy blossom. Looking at some other games, and how the rewards system appeals to players I think that to really get more active players in addition to improvements already outlined, recognise that (in general) people stay interested more when there are small, but frequent rewards(or in this case updates) as opposed to having nothing for a long time and then lots of rewards. Keep that strategy in mind during the game's development and it might help retain people's interest.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2014, 12:36:06 AM by JoolzVern » Report to moderator   Logged

offnow.org <-Stop the NSSA's subversion of your security
Prism-Break.org <-Ways to secure your data as much as possible
EFF.org <-Electronic Frontier Foundation
Stopkillerrobots.org <-Stop autonomous drones designed to hunt people
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: