Astro Galaxy - a realistic space exploration game
  March 28, 2024, 05:58:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Mysterious encounters project  (Read 29792 times)
sargas
First Sergeant

wandering teacher of the bizarre and unusual

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 10, 2014, 03:06:52 PM »

funded
Report to moderator   Logged
johnnydrinkmeth
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 11, 2014, 05:44:39 AM »

The blind jump function is really quite something.

I wonder how useful it would be in explored space...

It can imagine using it to (try to) quickly jump out to the 4 ring...

and yay!  this sounds like it'll be great!
sargas
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 13, 2014, 02:34:02 AM »

...round and round she goes...

...where she stops, nobody knows...

...close your eyes, make a dream...

...but things just ain't what they seem...

...close your eyes, take a chance...

...try the slide without your pants...

...round and round and round she goes...

...until the cops make you close...

« Last Edit: May 13, 2014, 02:38:18 AM by sargas » Report to moderator   Logged
johnnydrinkmeth
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 13, 2014, 07:56:16 AM »

well I think the heading mysterious encounters describes that comment perfectly....

Although I must say, if your ships have on board slides, maybe I'd be willing to accept a little creepy behaviour.  My on board entertainment is limited to convincing the new clones that everyone wears their underwear on the outside  12
Rostin
Sergeant First Class

Conquer the Stars!

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 20, 2014, 11:44:08 AM »

Sir Emi, once this project is completed will every quadrant of space that you can see on the galaxy map have the possibility of being populated with new star clusters? Or will there still be vast reaches of space at the borders with nothing after them?

I guess what I'm asking is; will it be like it is now, with seemingly endless quadrants of empty space that do not have anything past them? or will there be the possibility of clusters and such all the way to the edge of the map (not knowing where that will be...)

Will you be utilizing all possible space in the current galaxy with this project or only some of it?

Join the Solar Enterprises corporation today!
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: July 20, 2014, 12:19:38 PM »

Will you be utilizing all possible space in the current galaxy with this project or only some of it?

Space should be infinite... There will be hermit stars between the voids the separate two big pockets, however you should first watch the news and hear what the SOL corporation will say before trying to venture and find these hermit stars.

I can tell you that these voids will not be completely empty, the stars and events in between will also be very special. These hermit stars may be unique / unstable or just very weird 1

Anyway, we plan to add 4 pockets that will be around 1000 - 1500 LY away from the local SOL pocket and orbiting around it, so after that I would recommend restricting your range to maybe 2000 LY from Sol, until we discover other pockets and such...

JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 20, 2014, 05:23:24 PM »

Space should be infinite... There will be hermit stars between the voids the separate two big pockets, however you should first watch the news and hear what the SOL corporation will say before trying to venture and find these hermit stars.

I can tell you that these voids will not be completely empty, the stars and events in between will also be very special. These hermit stars may be unique / unstable or just very weird 1

Anyway, we plan to add 4 pockets that will be around 1000 - 1500 LY away from the local SOL pocket and orbiting around it, so after that I would recommend restricting your range to maybe 2000 LY from Sol, until we discover other pockets and such...

Am I correct in assuming that it will be possible to find COMs out that far if there is a system around?
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: July 21, 2014, 12:13:33 AM »

Am I correct in assuming that it will be possible to find COMs out that far if there is a system around?

No, because the space outside the local Sol group is unexplored... but you will find other signals...

raphael
Master Sergeant

Victory is certain.

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 21, 2014, 12:27:04 AM »

That's what I thought. That's when space monsters/aliens come in.  1
sargas
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 21, 2014, 12:30:10 AM »

and/or 'rogue' planets and stars
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 21, 2014, 01:31:06 AM »

No, because the space outside the local Sol group is unexplored... but you will find other signals...

Space beyond the 1st ring was always listed an unexplored on star chart maps yet there are COMs there.  I think perhaps there should be the occasional COM out there. But maybe make them not appear as often as the others.
sargas
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 21, 2014, 03:57:52 AM »

I believe he meant the 'local Sol group' as being our little pocket of stars, and not just sector 0,0.  In this advisory about 'Mysterious Encounters',  I see him saying "No, there will not be the COM or SOS missions you are used to, but something new and different (at least I hope that I am interpreting SirEmi correctly). 

And, it looks as if the nearest cluster will be around 100 jumps in whatever direction (not all directions; but 1 direction, maybe 2).  It's 1000 - 1500 LY  between clusters and jumps are 12 - 16 LY each.
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 21, 2014, 05:56:19 PM »

I believe he meant the 'local Sol group' as being our little pocket of stars, and not just sector 0,0.  In this advisory about 'Mysterious Encounters',  I see him saying "No, there will not be the COM or SOS missions you are used to, but something new and different (at least I hope that I am interpreting SirEmi correctly). 

And, it looks as if the nearest cluster will be around 100 jumps in whatever direction (not all directions; but 1 direction, maybe 2).  It's 1000 - 1500 LY  between clusters and jumps are 12 - 16 LY each.

I know what he ment.  I am not an idiot.  I was simply explaining from a story perspective and the fact that on the old star maps anything beyond the first ring did not show on the star start.  I would just like to see the occasionly COM far out around systems that may be out there. Not be as frequant for story reasons. But still they could still appear.  Yes the new stuff out there might be good. But for all we know they could be even less profitable then hijackings and even less then nest.  Lord knows the mining missions are useless.  If we get another useless set of missions we will have no reason to even want to leave the 4th ring.  At least if COMs are kept up out there, there might be more of a reason to move out that far.
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: July 21, 2014, 07:57:19 PM »

There will be different types on missions beyond 4,4... human, alien and something else... some might be similar to the ones in 4,4 a Com against some aliens, or a mining mission for an unknown mineral or gas...

raphael
Master Sergeant

Victory is certain.

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 21, 2014, 08:47:36 PM »

There will be different types on missions beyond 4,4... human, alien and something else... some might be similar to the ones in 4,4 a Com against some aliens, or a mining mission for an unknown mineral or gas...

I want some death rays from those aliens!  lustslow
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: