Astro Galaxy - a realistic space exploration game
  March 28, 2024, 11:06:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: The Galactic Empire  (Read 22652 times)
sargas
First Sergeant

wandering teacher of the bizarre and unusual

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2014, 09:24:03 PM »

I have a good 'skunk' recipe:

http://deep-fried.food.com/recipe/french-fried-skunk-75396
« Last Edit: July 06, 2014, 09:25:39 PM by sargas » Report to moderator   Logged
lisunken
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2014, 10:55:35 PM »

it that fresh kill or road kill and baker at a hot for three to four hour  21?
Report to moderator   Logged
sargas
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2014, 12:15:12 PM »

It needs to be a fresh kill, the road kill will have already activated the scent glands...
JoolzVern
Sergeant

Nobody ever listens to Tim the wizard...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2014, 09:16:43 PM »

I think I prefer fried rabbit, squirrel, or frog legs. Frog legs can be delicious but it's one of those things that most of the few that do cook them, don't cook them right and it turns out rubbery.

offnow.org <-Stop the NSSA's subversion of your security
Prism-Break.org <-Ways to secure your data as much as possible
EFF.org <-Electronic Frontier Foundation
Stopkillerrobots.org <-Stop autonomous drones designed to hunt people
sargas
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2014, 10:35:16 PM »

I agree, iffen y'all caint cookem right, it might as well be over cooked squid.

Chewable and as flavorless as a chunk of vulcanized rubber.

and as far as Squirrel is concerned, try this recipe:

Buttermilk Fried Squirrel
(Serves 4)

2 young squirrels, cut into serving pieces
2 cups buttermilk
1 medium onion, sliced
3 garlic cloves, diced
1 teaspoon oregano
1 teaspoon thyme
1 teaspoon tarragon (or a teaspoon each of your 3 favorite dried herbs)
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
Salt and pepper
2-3 cups grape seed or vegetable oil

1. Soak the squirrel overnight in buttermilk with onions, garlic, herbs, paprika and cayenne pepper.

2. Drain in a colander, leaving some herbs on the meat. In a large re-sealable plastic bag, or in a large bowl, mix the flour with the garlic and onion powder and cayenne, as well as a dash of salt and pepper. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large, heavy-bottomed skillet on medium-high heat until a pinch of flour starts to sizzle when dropped in the hot oil but not so the pan is smoking.

3. Place the squirrel pieces in the bag with flour and shake until thoroughly coated. Do this in small batches, just enough pieces that can fit in the pan at once.

4. Add the squirrel to the skillet and fry on one side for about 10 minutes, until golden brown, and then use tongs to turn the pieces over and fry for another 10 minutes, again until golden brown. Be careful to keep the oil hot enough to fry the squirrel, but not so that it burns.

5. Remove the squirrel from the skillet and place it on a wire rack over paper towel. Season immediately with salt and pepper to taste, to help preserve the crispiness. It can be served immediately or cold for lunch the next day.

JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2014, 11:31:04 PM »

This thread isn't really ment to be for swapping recipes lol
lisunken
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2014, 12:27:06 AM »

no. but it make my mouth water.
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2014, 12:45:25 AM »

I just had an idea.  I am planning on opening up my first fueling station in about a month or so.  Once it is done how about we all come by there and have us a bbq?
JoolzVern
Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2014, 12:51:27 AM »

Yes. I agree with lisunken. I would do it with virgin coconut oil but definitely grapeseed over 'vegetable oil'.

And the squirrels here will eat unripe fruits and vegetables because it's Texas and they'll shrivel up and die if they don't eat your food. So I might just do that, thanks Sargas lol.

2 young squirrels, cut into serving pieces[Can be arranged]
2 cups buttermilk [also can be arranged]
1 medium onion, sliced -fresh from garden
3 garlic cloves, diced -fresh from garden
1 teaspoon oregano -fresh from garden
1 teaspoon thyme -fresh from garden
1 teaspoon tarragon (or a teaspoon each of your 3 favorite dried herbs) (Noooo! Don't have have it.)
1 teaspoon smoked paprika (Got it)
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper (Got a pound of it)
2 cups flour (Got millet, spelt, rye, etc.)
1 teaspoon garlic powder (Got it)
1 teaspoon onion powder (Got it)
2 teaspoons cayenne pepper (Got a pound of it, and a bottle of habenero extract)
Salt and pepper (Got pink sea salt)
2-3 cups grape seed or vegetable oil (Grapeseed, coconut, avacado, or walnut oil for me)

sargas
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 08, 2014, 01:56:31 AM »

oh, I gots recipes...
JoolzVern
Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2014, 11:37:19 AM »

I got rabbits and herbs and a grill.

lisunken
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2014, 03:46:17 PM »

I bring my stomach and a big bag for any leftover.
Dadds
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2014, 01:42:56 PM »

i will bring the fire(power).
Oh btw Joolz. I have every right to declare a war on a corp. Just as you all have a right to have an opinion. Dont wave your "Amendments" at me then deny my my rights under those same policies.
What you lame-brains fail to realise though, is that the war is mostly about the GC. The only reason JamJul was not a target by us was because of the treaty we put together. He chose to abandon that, which was always going to end badly. The GC was the one way we were able to bind a pirate into some form of self-governance.
With him quitting that, and adding extra fuel to the fire with his "opinions" of others, that is what re-continued the war. You were just too d**n stupid to shut ya flap but instead decided to defend a pirate which got you on my list.

First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 23, 2014, 10:00:26 PM »

i will bring the fire(power).
Oh btw Joolz. I have every right to declare a war on a corp. Just as you all have a right to have an opinion. Dont wave your "Amendments" at me then deny my my rights under those same policies.
What you lame-brains fail to realise though, is that the war is mostly about the GC. The only reason JamJul was not a target by us was because of the treaty we put together. He chose to abandon that, which was always going to end badly. The GC was the one way we were able to bind a pirate into some form of self-governance.
With him quitting that, and adding extra fuel to the fire with his "opinions" of others, that is what re-continued the war. You were just too d**n stupid to shut ya flap but instead decided to defend a pirate which got you on my list.

Knew it was always going to end badly?  I actually hoped for the best with our NAP.  I'm guessing you planned on turning on me all long at some point. BTW you didn't rope us into the GC.  The GC didn't really bind us at all. If we wanted to pirate, which no one else in my corp does, we could have done it anywhere besides Sol System and it wouldn't have been breaking the Charter.  When i helped to write the charter I made sure that option was always open.  So the GC didn't really restrict us. Sol system itself kinda sucked for pirating as it was so it was no loss to us.  What happened is we binded you with the charter itself. Both my corp and NHC saw just how violent you tend to be and figured this was the best way to keep IMG in check.  You were the ones kept in check. Not so much us.  There were quite a few times when you came close to breaking the charter yourself cause you wanted to hit someone and I talked you out of it.  In particular when it came to Sargas when he formed his own corp.  You also wanted to do the same to NHC at one point because we had seen them sharing planets with Raph. This was when they were in the GC actually before we kicked them out.  Most of these people somehow didn't even know he was there. You have always been looking for a reason to go to war with someone.  When we left the GC, you kept up the nice act long enough until you saw my opinion, somehow twisted my intentions and reasoning of my post and tried to bully me into editing or removing them. You of course knew I would never give in to that. It was a ploy to make yourself think you were in the right.  You then declared war on us.  Then shortly after your allies because they voiced their opinions.  Yet you sit and wonder how people still trust me.  You claim I manipulate them.  I don't.  I am just honest with them.  You on the other hand have a history of wanting war and betraying people who were your allies.  If someone says something you don't like or don't agree with, your ready to declare war.   This is why IMG has enemies everywhere and no allies.  So stop blaming all of us for this.  It is no ones fault but your own.
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2017, 06:24:39 PM »

Well I am back and it is time to rebuild the empire.  Our stance is a peaceful one. I am instituting a new no pirating rule. It isn't very profitable and there are better ways to make money in the game.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: