Astro Galaxy - a realistic space exploration game
  March 29, 2024, 06:51:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Player Driven Economy  (Read 10153 times)
Rostin
Sergeant First Class

Conquer the Stars!

View Profile
« on: May 18, 2014, 09:51:26 PM »

I searched for this and I am pretty sure you can't do it right now (right?) but I would like to see the ability to buy and sell modules from orbital stations. This would create a thriving player-driven economy based on higher MK mods being purchased and sold and would also make PVP more interesting with pirate players raiding orbital markets for the mods and materials sold there.

I'm sorry if this is something that has already been discussed in depth (I'm guessing it probably has at some point) I just don't see why there isn't already a module sales economy and/or auction system.
Report to moderator   Logged

Join the Solar Enterprises corporation today!
raphael
Master Sergeant

Victory is certain.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2014, 11:23:07 PM »

A similar suggestion was made before, but SirEmi didn't give it any attention.LOL

I like the idea of being able to trade modules. The prices should be within a certain range (to prevent a 6 million solar module from selling at only 6 solars or 600 million solars), and a small fee should be imposed for posting a module for sale (basically requiring the seller to make a small investment before making a profit).

I also think that the SOL corporation should manage this on Earth, and thus become unattackable. The market will not prosper if the modules can be raided by pirates.LOL
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2014, 11:46:23 PM »

A similar suggestion was made before, but SirEmi didn't give it any attention.LOL

I like the idea of being able to trade modules. The prices should be within a certain range (to prevent a 6 million solar module from selling at only 6 solars or 600 million solars), and a small fee should be imposed for posting a module for sale (basically requiring the seller to make a small investment before making a profit).

I also think that the SOL corporation should manage this on Earth, and thus become unattackable. The market will not prosper if the modules can be raided by pirates.LOL

Actually i think we should be able to sell modules from our own stations. Giving us more reasons to actually set up bases of operations. Though that means defenses will be needed.  lol
Rostin
Sergeant First Class

Conquer the Stars!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2014, 11:50:45 PM »

Actually i think we should be able to sell modules from our own stations. Giving us more reasons to actually set up bases of operations. Though that means defenses will be needed.  lol
Exactly, and it will require a certain balance so that if you have MK __ mods being sold somewhere then you will need a certain amount of defenses to deter any attacks. If all the raiders are gonna get is two MK V WHGs for a battle that takes 36 hours then they will realize quickly that it is not worth it

johnnydrinkmeth
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2014, 11:53:28 PM »

I agree with rostin and Jamjul

Plus, keep in mind that pirates will quickly lose their welcome if they keep knocking everyone's stations down.  if I rely on dropping goods at a certain station and it's not there, I'll be pretty pissed off at the pirate who took it down lol
raphael
Master Sergeant

Victory is certain.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2014, 12:13:31 AM »

Plus, keep in mind that pirates will quickly lose their welcome if they keep knocking everyone's stations down.  if I rely on dropping goods at a certain station and it's not there, I'll be pretty pissed off at the pirate who took it down lol

I don't think pirates would really care if they lose their welcome or if someone is pissed at them. Profit is what is important, everything else is not. LOL

Exactly, and it will require a certain balance so that if you have MK __ mods being sold somewhere then you will need a certain amount of defenses to deter any attacks. If all the raiders are gonna get is two MK V WHGs for a battle that takes 36 hours then they will realize quickly that it is not worth it

Let's be honest and just cut to the chase. Neither of you will set up a station like that. It's just not worth it. And if pirates keep attacking these kinds of stations, people will then stop posting modules for sale, thus making such a game update completely useless. LOL
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2014, 12:21:38 AM »

Let's be honest and just cut to the chase. Neither of you will set up a station like that. It's just not worth it. And if pirates keep attacking these kinds of stations, people will then stop posting modules for sale, thus making such a game update completely useless. LOL

Actually I would set up stations for this purpose. lol. I have been wanting something like this for a long time.  I wouldn't even jack up the cost either.  The cost would be about what it would be to build the mod. I might round it up a tad bit. But that is about it.
Rostin
Sergeant First Class

Conquer the Stars!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2014, 12:27:04 AM »

I just want a way to buy some good medium level modules and to have an actual economy in this game. I mean, what's the point of 'corporations' if all you sell is fuel and medicine?

It would also be great for newer players who don't have the science to be building some mods but who want to get a head by investing in advanced tech

raphael
Master Sergeant

Victory is certain.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2014, 12:45:09 AM »

Actually I would set up stations for this purpose. lol. I have been wanting something like this for a long time.  I wouldn't even jack up the cost either.  The cost would be about what it would be to build the mod. I might round it up a tad bit. But that is about it.

I don't believe that. You won't even set up a fuel station without IMG's assurance of not destroying it. Now you're telling me you want to set up a station with modules in it? And on top of that with minimal profit? That's hard to swallow. LOL

I just want a way to buy some good medium level modules and to have an actual economy in this game. I mean, what's the point of 'corporations' if all you sell is fuel and medicine?

It would also be great for newer players who don't have the science to be building some mods but who want to get a head by investing in advanced tech

I completely agree with being able to sell modules. As stated above, my point is different: the SOL corporation should manage it, not us.

You can actually sell any resource, mineral, and gas. It's not just limited to fuel and medicine. Sargas only sells those because those are what newbies need most. 1

JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2014, 01:55:52 AM »

I don't believe that. You won't even set up a fuel station without IMG's assurance of not destroying it. Now you're telling me you want to set up a station with modules in it? And on top of that with minimal profit? That's hard to swallow. LOL

Fuel stations are different.  They don't have much value or use for me right now.  For them to be useful they would need to be far out.  IMG offered to leave any fuel stations I set up alone. An offer I was glad to accept since it will help players needing fuel in the future.  As for these.  This is really something that is needed in the game that could help out a lot of people.  Unlike fuel stations, these would need to be kept closer to Sol.  So high defense are a must. Much higher then anything that would be needed for a fuel station.  Pirates likely would come for it.  IMG would find some excuse to come after it.  Either saying it is a military stronghold or that it's purpose is to supply terrorist with weapons of mass destruction.  So either way this would be a target.  But it would go a long ways to helping other players.  Which is why I would set it up despite the risk.
johnnydrinkmeth
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2014, 03:26:27 AM »

I also wouldn't mind being able to privately negotiate sales with other players in game.  Maybe not set up a station which is a target, not until I had enough power to defend it, but just put up a message here saying, I've got X module I want to get rid of for Y dollars, send me a pm if you're interested.

It might not be a big problem for you raph, but I'm sure a lot of smaller pirates would think twice about knocking off a station if they knew there was no where to fence the loot.  Maybe then some pirates would set up their own stations and sell only to their friends.

Either way, it gives a lot of depth and breadth to the game; which can't be bad.
sargas
First Sergeant

wandering teacher of the bizarre and unusual

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2014, 11:02:47 AM »

as long as SOL Corp will purchase modules no questions asked, the pirates will always have a 'fence'.
lisunken
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2014, 04:22:18 PM »

I would like to able buy and sell modules to each other but only at sol.
Frist will help the new player get there hand on some nice high level modules without going lengths do science  tech and upgrade.  It will keep them in the game.
Second I can unload some of my low level modules and some profit too.

I only can see we move the sell to the station is the game fields has move beyond the four rings. Where is harder to get back sol to do business.  Time and profit is everything.  laugh
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2014, 04:57:02 PM »

Well the galaxy is supposed to be expanding soon lol
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2014, 08:05:09 AM »

There are plans for this, it will be a SOL auction system where you could sell high end modules and fully equipped ships...

For deep space trading, it will be a trade screen in the "Hail ship" interface, next to the chat. The seller and the buyer will add modules and solars to the trade window.

No plans for player owned stations selling modules yet, but as SOL expands and if a new system is colonized far away, it might have it's own commodity station, fleet maintenance and shipyard, and auction.
So you will be able to auction your stuff in colonized systems.

Pages: [1] 2
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: