Astro Galaxy - a realistic space exploration game
  April 29, 2024, 05:35:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: World Cup  (Read 24418 times)
Rostin
Sergeant First Class

Conquer the Stars!

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 07, 2014, 06:20:38 AM »

Probably a good thing, dog racing isn't really legal in the U.S. anymore (only a couple of states...)
Report to moderator   Logged

Join the Solar Enterprises corporation today!
sargas
First Sergeant

wandering teacher of the bizarre and unusual

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 07, 2014, 11:40:53 AM »

we have a dog track here in Portland.  I don't go.
Dadds
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 07, 2014, 03:19:56 PM »

This is the same 'level of insult' that has caused you to draw sword.  My country is called USA, or U.S.A., or America, but not U.S.of A  -  (I would have accepted U.S. of A. but not U.S. of A).
Right....hmmmmm so me missing a full stop in using an abbreviation is the same level of insult as calling my corp and myself as a whole and a person. OK so be it precious one. If you wish to get to pedantic over a full stop, and you wish to got to ohhh, how do i spell it? WAR!!!!!  did i get enough exclamation points there? too many? not enough? was it abbreviated correctly for you? Crikey. all the science we have in the world and yet they still cant grow an American with a brain.
What a joke you guys really are. Expect visitors shortly. Lay out the welcome mats, or barricade "ya'self" in. "Friend"
(BTW the list i refer to is my friends list, which i dont see you on, "friend" and if you dont recognize your own quotes after making them, then i dont feel i need to point them out to its originator either)

First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 07, 2014, 04:53:22 PM »

This is the same 'level of insult' that has caused you to draw sword.  My country is called USA, or U.S.A., or America, but not U.S.of A  -  (I would have accepted U.S. of A. but not U.S. of A).
Right....hmmmmm so me missing a full stop in using an abbreviation is the same level of insult as calling my corp and myself as a whole and a person.1 OK so be it precious one2. If you wish to get to pedantic over a full stop, and you wish to got to ohhh, how do i spell it? WAR!!!!!  did i get enough exclamation points there? too many? not enough? was it abbreviated correctly for you? Crikey. all the science we have in the world and yet they still cant grow an American with a brain.3
What a joke you guys really are. Expect visitors shortly. Lay out the welcome mats, or barricade "ya'self" in. "Friend"
(BTW the list i refer to is my friends list4, which i dont see you on, "friend" and if you dont recognize your own quotes after making them, then i dont feel i need to point them out to its originator either5)

1  I'm sorry, but I do not understand what you mean by this sentence fragment:

from Dadds, see above
hmmmmm so me missing a full stop in using an abbreviation is the same level of insult as calling my corp and myself as a whole and a person.

2  Am I really that precious to you?   Should I expect a diamond watch for Christmas?  Please let me know what to expect, 'precious' and I will respond in kind.

3 If you would like, on your upcoming world tour, please visit me in Portland OR USA, I would truly enjoy meeting you.  (truly, all joking aside, I would like to meet you)  We can do Jeopardy (if you trust a Canadian to host).  (and I'll put a watermelon on the barbie , I did it here for our Independence Day and it was good).

4My exclusion from your 'Friend' list is your responsibility, not mine.  We were friends until you decided that I wasn't agreeing enough with you.   Is this why my friendship with Kristen ended?  Were YOU involved in that?

5I know precisely what I said, but nobody else really needs to go back and read a lot of crap because they need to read the quote that you are too lazy to reveal.  As you can see, the quotes I quote are responsibly attributed  to those who made them.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 01:14:54 AM by sargas » Report to moderator   Logged
sargas
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 10, 2014, 11:21:52 PM »

3 If you would like, on your upcoming world tour, please visit me in Portland OR USA, I would truly enjoy meeting you.  (truly, all joking aside, I would like to meet you)  We can do Jeopardy (if you trust a Canadian to host).  (and I'll put a watermelon on the barbie , I did it here for our Independence Day and it was good).

Seriously, if you can make it here, I would really enjoy meeting you.

Steve
Dadds
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 11, 2014, 02:25:47 PM »

My country is called USA, or U.S.A., or America, but not U.S.of A  -  (I would have accepted U.S. of A. but not U.S. of A).
OK steve, this is what i am getting at with regard to pedantics. you will accept ALL those forms you outlined to call a nation, except the one i typed. The one i typed was U.S. of A but didnt include a stop after the A.
well there is the dot....you want to call it an insult that i missed a dot? sheeeshhhhh. i give up. Not worth the energy i put into this any more

Sergeant First Class

Conquer the Stars!

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 11, 2014, 02:35:03 PM »

^ You... The KING of getting worked up over nothing are criticizing Steve for pridefully defending his nation's good name? Seems a little hypocritical don't it?

sargas
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 11, 2014, 04:07:06 PM »

you are not helping, Rostin...
sargas
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 13, 2014, 12:51:31 AM »

WAGER CLOSED...LAST CHANCE FOR STEVIE"S QP...

for the first to respond ('ell make it the first 3 to respond in time)

25 QP says Germany wins

10 QP says Germany scores first

the bet becomes invalid at noon tomorrow PDT.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2014, 03:11:06 PM by sargas » Report to moderator   Logged
sargas
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 13, 2014, 08:08:07 PM »

good match though...
Rostin
Sergeant First Class

Conquer the Stars!

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 13, 2014, 08:58:32 PM »

I'm reeeeeaaallly glad I didn't take that bet... I was buying a new tuxedo and suit when I looked up to see Germany score.
I just shook my head and thought "Well hopefully Steve got some money..."

raphael
Master Sergeant

Victory is certain.

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 13, 2014, 09:14:10 PM »

Let's look for another sport and bet again..

Maybe we can put the thread in another category? 1
jennystack
Unidentified Commander

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 19, 2014, 05:14:04 PM »

Now the empire is for Germany.

A shrimp's heart is in it's head.
sargas
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 20, 2014, 10:30:44 PM »

The thing is, as far as betting on sports is involved...

...to be fair and give all a chance to voice their opinions, futbol (soccer) is the worlds game...

Why would the UK (or anyone else) care about the 'World Series', or the 'Super Bowl'?

The only wagers I offer up will be events on the world stage - World Cup, or both Olympics...

...(maybe the Masters or Wimbleton, or...)...

(edit - y'all can offer up bets of your own)

sargas
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 20, 2014, 11:18:32 PM »

Now the empire is for Germany.

wait until 2018
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: