Astro Galaxy - a realistic space exploration game
  March 28, 2024, 04:02:21 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: MAU  (Read 56306 times)
sargas
First Sergeant

wandering teacher of the bizarre and unusual

View Profile
MAU
« on: May 31, 2014, 05:24:18 PM »

I would like to see an option where marines can capture instead of destroy:

" ************* sending Marines Assault Unit MK * to find a landing spot.
The landing party found an area and sabotaged it, doing ****** damage!
******* planetary force has been defeated!
Mining facility Mk I was destroyed."

I would have liked to have captured it.
Report to moderator   Logged
sargas
First Sergeant

wandering teacher of the bizarre and unusual

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2014, 05:54:16 PM »

And yes, I can see how this might appear to be the same as JJL's cleansing.  However, this is an instance of an inactive player using a slot that I need (this Captain has not been online (here) in over 4000 hours).
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2014, 09:31:32 PM »

From how I have seen it when doing a capture/destroy it seems to have a 50/50 chance of blowing up or capturing something.
lisunken
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2014, 10:25:19 PM »

I would like to able capture ship too.  wow emi please add that to the new update. please
Matamaure001
Staff Sergeant

An empire builder

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2014, 10:48:39 PM »

I do not want ships to be capture:(
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2014, 10:59:07 PM »

I can understand why. There might be some who might want to try to nab some of your tech. lol.  Also the high investment would go to waste. That said, I would love for it to be possible to destroy ships. Now I wouldn't make it a high chance.  Maybe like a 5 or 10 percent chance of it actually happening if your jumped. But the percentage increases the higher safety overrides a person has. So while a person would be able to fight longer, the chances of them losing a ship would be higher. That way those are actually risking a ship's safety. As much as I would hate to lose a ship, this would add a bit more realism to the game and make PVP ship vs ship combat actually useful.
Matamaure001
Staff Sergeant

An empire builder

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2014, 12:27:32 AM »

There is already plenty of space games were you can destroy ennemy ships, go play them. If ever we can capture ships I could build ships that are the most powerfull of the game and take all ships that would cross my path. Remember, I have the best techs of the game. (this is only an hypotetical scenario lol)
johnnydrinkmeth
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2014, 01:03:59 AM »

Perhaps we could go half way and make a PVP mode where people can "play for keeps" but by default player's aren't in this mode.

We could even do gladiatorial matches in earth orbit; give the newbies a show lol
Rostin
Sergeant First Class

Conquer the Stars!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2014, 01:13:24 AM »

Or just have a certain area outside a certain ring of quadrants that can be considered "Unregulated Space" and have more intense PvP take place there

Join the Solar Enterprises corporation today!
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2014, 02:20:51 AM »

There is already plenty of space games were you can destroy ennemy ships, go play them. If ever we can capture ships I could build ships that are the most powerfull of the game and take all ships that would cross my path. Remember, I have the best techs of the game. (this is only an hypotetical scenario lol)

I am talking about a low chance though. Even 1 percent would add some realism.   Safety Overrides only work until they get to 95 percent anyway. Why not make that 95 percent mean something more then just how long they can stay in battle. What if say the low chance for destruction is 1 percent. It is built into all ships. That is why they auto jump after so much damage. But the safety override increases by a percent based on the percentage that allows you to fight longer. So say you got to a max of 95%, there would be a 96% of your ship being destroyed.  Obviously of course that would make these mods a bit more useless then they already are or at least very useful. But there are some of you who are already using them so your ships can fight longer. If this thing is truly overriding the ship's safety protocols, shouldn't there be some actual risk to the safety of the ship involved?  Yes of course crew members and marines are killed. But how big of an issue is that to most of us anyways?  How often are most people even willing to go into a battle where the chances of losing are that high anyways?  Not many that is for sure.  The game needs some sort of realism when it comes to battle.  The game is supposed to strive to be realistic. PVP is already insanely unrealistic with these large timers in the first place. This would at least at a bit of realism into it.
johnnydrinkmeth
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2014, 02:52:16 AM »

@Jam

I think this'd be more of a risk for smaller players.
Let's say someone getting into the game only checks in once a day.  It'd be quite easy for their ship to be jumped by either one of the big players, or even a smaller pirate.  At that point, losing a ship, especially if you only have 1-2, would be a huge problem.   And there'd also be a much bigger incentive for big pirates to hunt down smaller players, as a new ship is quite the prize, no matter the tech/cargo onboard.

I'm a big reluctant, both from a personal standpoint and for the game, so see this brought in galaxy wide.
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2014, 03:31:02 AM »

@Jam

I think this'd be more of a risk for smaller players.
Let's say someone getting into the game only checks in once a day.  It'd be quite easy for their ship to be jumped by either one of the big players, or even a smaller pirate.  At that point, losing a ship, especially if you only have 1-2, would be a huge problem.   And there'd also be a much bigger incentive for big pirates to hunt down smaller players, as a new ship is quite the prize, no matter the tech/cargo onboard.

I'm a big reluctant, both from a personal standpoint and for the game, so see this brought in galaxy wide.

It is actually a lot smaller risk for smaller players. Most smaller players aren't likely to be going around using safety overrides as it is. Most prob won't get them right away as is and if they do they would be better off saving them.  Only the larger players can make really good use out of them.  But they also have more to lose. 1% is a pretty small chance.  But it might be enough to at least teach players it is better not to just let their ships sit around in orbit of planets. Especially in Sol.  There are quite a few who have fallen into that habit over time.  99% of the time though their ship would just get jumped. But that 1 percent risk might be enough to make them want to go to a safe zone.  As for larger players, losing a ship would be a huge loss. I am talking multi-million solar risk. For some like mata probably close to a billion.  It would force us all to play smarter and for ship vs ship combat to actually matter. As it stands right now it is pretty much pointless.
lisunken
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2014, 09:59:53 AM »

Sorry people if I don't make myself clear. I wish in the COM mission we can capture pirate ship as a prize. I agrees with johnnydirkmeth in PVP the low player alway will get hurt. capture ship or not.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2014, 10:01:35 AM by lisunken » Report to moderator   Logged
raphael
Master Sergeant

Victory is certain.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2014, 10:11:37 AM »

I would like to see an option where marines can capture instead of destroy:

" ************* sending Marines Assault Unit MK * to find a landing spot.
The landing party found an area and sabotaged it, doing ****** damage!
******* planetary force has been defeated!
Mining facility Mk I was destroyed."

I would have liked to have captured it.
Maybe it wasn't you who actually destroyed the modules. The defenders themselves prefer destroying it rather than falling into enemy hands. 1

I can understand why. There might be some who might want to try to nab some of your tech. lol.  Also the high investment would go to waste. That said, I would love for it to be possible to destroy ships. Now I wouldn't make it a high chance.  Maybe like a 5 or 10 percent chance of it actually happening if your jumped. But the percentage increases the higher safety overrides a person has. So while a person would be able to fight longer, the chances of them losing a ship would be higher. That way those are actually risking a ship's safety. As much as I would hate to lose a ship, this would add a bit more realism to the game and make PVP ship vs ship combat actually useful.
I already feel sorry to all the people that I will hit if PvP will allow enemy ships to be captured. A few will retaliate, but I believe I will benefit greatly from it. There will be total chaos in the galaxy. LOL
lisunken
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2014, 02:11:09 PM »

laugh yes raphael may benefit from capture ship, But can you handle all the volume of ships you captured.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: