Astro Galaxy - a realistic space exploration game
  March 29, 2024, 01:56:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: MAU  (Read 56320 times)
JoolzVern
Sergeant

Nobody ever listens to Tim the wizard...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: June 02, 2014, 11:00:53 PM »

The accounts are numbered sequentially so it must be within a certain amount of time because it shows 862 active and you're user #3641.

I think having ships captured/destroyed is preferable to losing modules otherwise anyone with a big com ship would need to carry spare modules and build more because they'd be losing one every other battle. I don't want to build the modules for a ship constantly like it's always a work in progress. Unlike modules, if the ship itself got captured/destroyed there's a possibility you could re-capture it or capture another etc.

As for the arguments about the big players getting a big advantage for it- that's what balance is all about. If such a policy is adopted correctly Mata or Raph would ideally be incapable of *reliably* capaturing ships just as everyone else, but also would not be able to *reliably* prevent us from capturing theirs. There's no reason we can't do it without limiting Mata/Raph's capability to capture/destroy everything lol. Carefully thought out limits should be set, but if done right I think it would add to the game's realism and depth.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2014, 11:13:21 PM by JoolzVern » Report to moderator   Logged

offnow.org <-Stop the NSSA's subversion of your security
Prism-Break.org <-Ways to secure your data as much as possible
EFF.org <-Electronic Frontier Foundation
Stopkillerrobots.org <-Stop autonomous drones designed to hunt people
Rostin
Sergeant First Class

Conquer the Stars!

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 02, 2014, 11:03:47 PM »

That makes sense, and I guess it's unlikely that 2500+ people have actually deleted their accounts...
Report to moderator   Logged

Join the Solar Enterprises corporation today!
raphael
Master Sergeant

Victory is certain.

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 03, 2014, 01:06:08 AM »

Let me ask you this, why would we want to waste time on trying to destroy their ships? 

Not true for me. I will attack and destroy everyone if it's implemented. BWAHAHAHAHA!
johnnydrinkmeth
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 03, 2014, 01:43:43 AM »

I guess my concern is that raph has 40 odd ships, and may find attacking with a 1% chance of stealing a ship worthwhile, especially if his attack ships only need 500,000 power or so.

If we make the chance of losing the ship so low as to not hurt new captains, I wonder if it would really add to the realism of the game overall.
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 03, 2014, 02:38:05 AM »

Let me ask you this, why would we want to waste time on trying to destroy their ships? 

Not true for me. I will attack and destroy everyone if it's implemented. BWAHAHAHAHA!

What happens though when you do that and make more enemies though? Unlike before you could actually end up losing ships yourself. True many of yours are very strong. But not all of them. Some can still be beat. I am sure if you went after EOS you would have to deal with mata.  Of course this would also put your corp members as risk as well cause then they would have more enemies as well thanks to you.  Sure you could build more ships but can they? Also it takes time and solars to build more ships. The more you lose, the less your income becomes. I am sure Dadds would love this in particular.  Also you would find not all of us are so easy to locate. Even our COM ships can be difficult to find. When the galaxy expands, so will the rate in how far out many of us will go to do them.  Raph lets face it you may not care if you got a lot of enemies, but I am sure your corp members don't want a lot.  As the leader of SSS you have a responsibility for your members.  Just as I have a responsibility to TGE.  This is why I put my people first.   That is exactly why when Dadds declared war on us and ITO that I felt the need to call off all attacks against you and your corp.  My people don't need to fight a war on multiple fronts. Not to mention none of us have any personally beef with you.  Right now Dadds has done a good job getting us to focus more on him. I would think you would welcome that considering it wasn't that long ago that the shoe was on the other foot. Since IMG's declaration of war, more people have actually joined SSS. That is mostly due to the fact that SSS isn't public enemy number 1 anymore. New players don't want to get dragged into a war much less be a part of a corp that has everyone against them.  As it is right now, no one can do any real damage with ship vs ship damage as it is.  But if someone was public enemy number 1 and a chance of ships being destroyed was added in, it would raise the bar.  It means for such corps it would become even harder to get new members for fear of having their ships destroyed. 

There is of course some benefits of having it all added in.  Besides more realism from combat, it might help to get newer players to join established Corps rather then try to form their own 1 man ones and then eventually quit themselves. Those that have stuck around so far I think would have continued to stick around even if this was already added in.  Players who would quit over something like this being added in are likely ones that would have found some other reason to quit.  That said there should be something in place though that in the event someone has all their ships destroyed, that the Sol Corperation itself will give someone a free shuttle as compensation equipped with the basic necessities.  This way new players won't get completely discouraged if all their ships get destroyed. Though a smart player will learn quickly not to just let their ships sit anywhere in sol.
raphael
Master Sergeant

Victory is certain.

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 03, 2014, 02:58:18 AM »

Enough talk. As soon as it's a project (though I doubt it will), you can all lean back. I will personally fund the entire project and make sure it will be top priority.

We will then see how much of what you said will come true.  1
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 03, 2014, 03:28:01 AM »

Enough talk. As soon as it's a project (though I doubt it will), you can all lean back. I will personally fund the entire project and make sure it will be top priority.

We will then see how much of what you said will come true.  1

Fair enough.  But just keep in mind what I said.   I don't want you as an enemy man.  Besides if it is ever added in I think you and dadds will have a ton of fun just trying to blow each other up. lol. You probably will end up forgetting about the rest of us since you will be having so much fun with him.
Matamaure001
Staff Sergeant

An empire builder

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 03, 2014, 09:44:08 AM »

Ralph said: "Not true for me. I will attack and destroy everyone if it's implemented. BWAHAHAHAHA!"

I would do exactly the same. Why, like in all other games where you can kill the ennemy ships, it is the only way to be safe, to stay on top, to eliminate the competition, to prevent other to become big. I want to win, then I take the means to acheive it.
lisunken
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 03, 2014, 12:00:04 PM »

This will change alot way to play this game.  But we still need a safe guard for the low and new players. What if you can only attack ship in yor ship power range. So you can't pick on weak players and still have full bloodly fight to death.  Like jj say I can see two people will go full round taking ships apart. 
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 03, 2014, 05:53:14 PM »

This will change alot way to play this game.  But we still need a safe guard for the low and new players. What if you can only attack ship in yor ship power range. So you can't pick on weak players and still have full bloodly fight to death.  Like jj say I can see two people will go full round taking ships apart. 

That won't work because people can just power up and down their ships.  SirEmi has such a system in place in another one of his games. it is based on overall power.  So people on there found ways to shift there ways up and down the leader board so they can pretty much hit anyone. 

I would do exactly the same. Why, like in all other games where you can kill the ennemy ships, it is the only way to be safe, to stay on top, to eliminate the competition, to prevent other to become big. I want to win, then I take the means to acheive it.

That is also a very good way to make enemies too. Also I am pretty sure your corp leader wouldn't like it if you started doing that. After all isn't EoS supposed to be peaceful?  Also consider this, if this was added in, that would mean you likely could lose your ships on COM missions as well.  So if we couldn't beat you in ship vs ship combat, we likely would just dump COM after COM on you when your doing them at in a smaller system.  It appears Dadds is already doing that to Raph and possibly you.  Imagine if more people started doing it?  It leaves you with an option eventually of trying it and risking losing a ship or just saying to hell with it and going somewhere else to do COMs.   Also if both you and raph were to start going nuts like that, you would bound to eventually run into each other and bump heads.  So a conflict between the both of you could actually end up leaving you both with less ships giving the rest of us a chance to catch up.  Of course then there will be Dadds who will be gunning for you both for sure if your both going around attacking everyone.  I know he may seem like a pesky bug to you guys, but even a bug can sometimes bring down larger animals.

If this is added in, TGE is going to be much as it is now. We will maintain our current NAPs. We won't be going around just destroying everyone. I honestly don't care if you guys go after other people. But I do expect EoS to not break our NAP. 
Matamaure001
Staff Sergeant

An empire builder

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 03, 2014, 06:53:06 PM »

JJl it is war you are talking about (droping COMs on me). Since you have decided what I would do, let me share what I think you want to do with this suggestion. You want to run down on sol system and hit everything you can and do the same at the surrounding systems, destrying ships and modules and capturing ships and modules. Since you are not able to hit us, you said it, you would drop COMs on me and Ralph.

And it is exactly what you have done in the past, you only want to do it with more damage to the small and inocent newbies. It is your sadistic fun but it is not mine this is why I think that suggestion is not a good idea.
Rostin
Sergeant First Class

Conquer the Stars!

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 03, 2014, 07:32:26 PM »

I'd prefer not to lose my ships please thx

Join the Solar Enterprises corporation today!
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 03, 2014, 07:34:30 PM »

JJl it is war you are talking about (droping COMs on me). Since you have decided what I would do, let me share what I think you want to do with this suggestion. You want to run down on sol system and hit everything you can and do the same at the surrounding systems, destrying ships and modules and capturing ships and modules. Since you are not able to hit us, you said it, you would drop COMs on me and Ralph.

And it is exactly what you have done in the past, you only want to do it with more damage to the small and inocent newbies. It is your sadistic fun but it is not mine this is why I think that suggestion is not a good idea.

The only COM I dropped on you recently I already mentioned here on the forum.  I haven't done it since then.  I am just mentioning it as a viable tactic against bigger players. Especially if this is added in and they decide to go nuts attacking everyone.  You just said it yourself on here that you would go around attacking everyone yourself if this was added in.  Now suddenly you are accusing me of wanting to be able to go around destroying newbies left and right.  That isn't the case at all.   I hardly attack anymore.  When I do it is usually when I am doing a COM at a location.  This is not likely to change any if destruction of ships or at least modules on ships is added in.   It is rare for me these days to do sweeps of Sol.  The only people I might even go out of my to destroy their ships is those in IMG. That is just because we are at war with them.

I swear so many people want to paint me as the evil villain.  That isn't the case at all.  I don't go around destroying everyone I can.  I don't go around looking for newbies to pick on.  I don't fly off the handle at people's opinions and declare wars.  If I was about trying to hurt other players do you honestly think TGE would have NAPs with EoS, ITO, NHC and BRU.    Yes I am aware the last is a 1 person corp but the guy who started it is a good guy and is trying to build his own corp.  I don't make NAPs because I am afraid of bigger players.  I make NAPs for the good of my people and the good of other players.  If I was about destroying people we wouldn't have NAPs with anyone and a good portion of Sargas's stations and mines would already be lost.  There would be a lot of other players in the game constantly under attack as well.   I don't want to destroy anyone except maybe Dadds at the moment. To be honest I don't even feel much like fighting with him.  I have actually gone out of my way to help some smaller players become better players.  I have done this to the point where it has actually stunted my own growth within the game.  I am not just talking about helping out people in my corp.  I have helped other corps as well.  
sargas
First Sergeant

wandering teacher of the bizarre and unusual

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 03, 2014, 07:53:06 PM »

The EoS is indeed a peaceful corporation, however...

...we do have teeth...
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 03, 2014, 08:04:53 PM »

The EoS is indeed a peaceful corporation, however...

...we do have teeth...

I know you do.  I never said you didn't. But Mata saying he would do what Raph said he would do if this was added in doesn't look good for you guys. If Mata went off his rocker and went after everyone, you would likely either have to talk some sense into him or he would have to leave your corp.  Otherwise it makes the rest of EoS not look so peaceful.  The thing is though, you guys need Mata. So if you were to lose him you would lose some of your teeth. 
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: