Astro Galaxy - a realistic space exploration game
  March 28, 2024, 11:18:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Emperor Jam-Jul Lison's opinions on the current state of the top corps  (Read 17043 times)
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« on: July 06, 2014, 09:09:53 PM »

All this is a matter of opinion.  Some of you may like what I have to say.  Some of you may not.  This is not intended to offend anyone.  If you think you may be offended perhaps it would be best if you closed this browser window/tab now.

S. S. Syndicate:  One of the fastest rising corps to date. Their leader Raphael managed to grow faster then anyone in the history of Astro Galaxy and pass up even the best. The corp itself seems to be doing quite well for the most part. Their leader seems to be finally helping his people to grow themselves. Like many corps though they do have a problem with some of them not wanting to stay active.  But for the most part SSS is doing pretty well for itself.

Empire of Sargas: For the most part they seem to be growing well.  Some of their members appear to be lagging behind in growth though. Not sure if this is cause of lack of activity or what.  Still they are the number 2 ranked Corp and are doing a good job.

The Galactic Empire: As it stands right now TGE is at 7 members.  While TGE hasn't had many in the way of new members lately, all of our current members are active and continuing to grow. If it wasn't for mata we probably would have passed up EOS by now.

Independant Miners Guild:  IMG currently had 4 members. 3 of them are presumed to be active.  Dadd's former number 2  aysle has yet to return. Currently been away from 3500+ hours.  I think it is safe to say he won't be returning.  Membership for IMG seems to not really be growing.  But the members they have now are doing well.  The reason I think they are having problems gaining new members is because their leader Dadds seems to always be war hungry.  The smallest little thing seems to make him want to start a fight with someone. While he has tried to justify his actions, his claims have simply been poor excuses to go to war.  Pretty much everyone in the game who has seen his post know this.  Most players who are new to a game are not going to want to be in a corp lead by someone such as him. Most experienced players already know exactly how he is and likely will avoid joining IMG in the near future.  It also doesn't help that he is at war with 3 corps.  2 being some of the best in the game. His efforts against SSS and TGE have been at most a small annoyance.  The guy I assume is his new number 2 Jake is also slightly annoying but not really a threat.  Jake has been a bit more annoying to ITO then either SSS or TGE.  i assume this is because he prefers to go after the little guys rather then us.  I have heard from other pilots that prior to even being at war with IMG or even currently not at war with IMG have had to deal with Jake trying to attack them.  Now while I have no issue with this, this raises the question on IMG's real stance on Piracy and Terrorism. Their own leader tries to say one thing but then does another.  In the past and even in my last review I withheld saying anything about this.  I tried to cut IMG a little slack and even tried to support Dadds against Raph.  But those days are in the past.  This corp may not be in a slump anymore, but it isn't likely going to go anywhere either.  I would advise all people who are considering joining IMG to join another corp instead.

Way of Progress:  Not much to say on this corp. It only has 1 member. Though Wayup is high ranked.

New Horizons: An old corp. Probably one of the oldest in the game. For a long while they barely had anyone active. Leader after leader quit the game. They are currently recovering from a massive slump.  All their current members do seem to be active though.  I am hoping to see them grow and rise back up to become one of the greats again.

Imperial Trade Organisation: Under the leadership of JoolzVern they have really grown. They still face the problem of some members not being so active.  But all the corps at one point or another face this problem. Joolz has done a fine job at running the corp. If they can keep up the good work I can see them becoming one of the greats.

As for the rest of the corps.  Well most are inactive or just 1 low ranked 1 man corps.  They are not really worth mentioning since I cant really see any of them amounting to much of anything on their own.
Report to moderator   Logged
Rostin
Sergeant First Class

Conquer the Stars!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2014, 09:25:12 PM »

Well I can definitely see where your passionate opinions lie... Maybe a bit personal of a note on IMG, but from what I've experienced it seems like a well supported argument.

A couple of questions:
1.) Does wayup want to have more members? He is awfully quiet for being so powerful and old in the game. I've never talked to him, so I am curious.... haha
2.) I have heard various complaints from some former ITO members about Joolz's leadership. I have no beef with ITO or Joolz (I actually respect them quite a bit from what I have seen from Joolz's posts and the state of the corp power and membership). I don't want to pick at any personal issues or tread where I am not welcome, but it might be worth examining for a leader such as Joolz in order to avoid losing any more members.
3.) What about Gronk?
« Last Edit: July 06, 2014, 09:26:43 PM by Rostin » Report to moderator   Logged

Join the Solar Enterprises corporation today!
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2014, 09:34:39 PM »

Well I can definitely see where your passionate opinions lie... Maybe a bit personal of a note on IMG, but from what I've experienced it seems like a well supported argument.

A couple of questions:
1.) Does wayup want to have more members? He is awfully quiet for being so powerful and old in the game. I've never talked to him, so I am curious.... haha
2.) I have heard various complaints from some former ITO members about Joolz's leadership. I have no beef with ITO or Joolz (I actually respect them quite a bit from what I have seen from Joolz's posts and the state of the corp power and membership). I don't want to pick at any personal issues or tread where I am not welcome, but it might be worth examining for a leader such as Joolz in order to avoid losing any more members.
3.) What about Gronk?

1. Wayup is determined to remain solo. For a long time he went without a corp at all.

2. Some people judge Joolz too harshly.  He is trying to work hard to make his corp the best he can.  He tend to be really honest and blunt which people take the wrong way.  I have had many discussions with him over this.  I understand where he is coming from.  He isn't as high ranked as many of us. Many of his people have lower tech.  They have to work much harder to grow.  He wants to see them all do well. In my early days of managing alliances on games I was much the same way.  I wanted everyone to do well but I tended to be too blunt and people would get aggrivated.  It takes time to become a good leader.  He is still doing a good job and I have no doubts he will become a great leader.

3. I haven't really heard from Gronk since he left us.  I have no idea what he is really doing.
Rostin
Sergeant First Class

Conquer the Stars!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2014, 09:37:09 PM »

Thanks for clearing that up 1

I understand now, that is one of the reasons I respect ITO, they don't have a powerhouse like you, Mata, Raph, or Daddy to help with tech.

JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2014, 09:43:43 PM »

Thanks for clearing that up 1

I understand now, that is one of the reasons I respect ITO, they don't have a powerhouse like you, Mata, Raph, or Daddy to help with tech.

I have helped them out a little bit.  Mostly because I realized how rough they likely are having it.  I figured maybe I could help give them a boost.  They are a good corp and I want to see them do well.  From what I have seen from other players, other people don't seem to do much to help out people in other corps.  It's kinda sad really.  I can understand focusing on their own corps first.  I do that too. But no reason some can't give a helping hand to others every now and then.  BTW Joolz never even asked me for any help other then advice on occasion.  I came to him and offered it to him. If he was a fool of a leader he would have said no. lol.  He isn't a fool though and he accepted.   I have met other players who's pride don't let them accept any help. They tend to not grow very well most of the time because of it.  Some do of course. The ones who are good players. But so many don't.  I am sure every corp has had a member at some point who has refused any help at all from their fellow corp members.
raphael
Master Sergeant

Victory is certain.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2014, 03:47:05 AM »

IMG. LOL! Biggest joke of a corp in the entire galaxy.  laugh
JoolzVern
Sergeant

Nobody ever listens to Tim the wizard...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2014, 04:46:47 AM »

That's all very well summed up Jam, thanks.

Yes, I have heard some complaints from former members too when they were members, and usually there's a point where it seems they decide that I won't run things close enough to the way they want. I'm willing to work with everybody but at the end of the day I'm still leader.

For example I'm not sure mining is yet worth he trouble so very little corp resources go for that. SpaceX wanted to act like I forbid it when I just don't want a valuable corp ship[desined for something else more profitable like coms or refugees] sitting around at your mines mining nickel or something.

There's a point for some where it's not enough to debate it and disgree; they might have to continue to complain and argue and talk trash and split. Rarely does anyone take such issue with my command.

SpaceX for example seemed(among other things) to have a problem with me allocating corp resources based on cost/benefit ratio. For example, if you aren't very active and make much less than a team member that is active enough to make millions in the same time frame with the same ship, then I will let the more active player use the best ship as he(and the corp by extension) can benefit most. This is simply me looking out for everyone. In the long run even the lesser player benefits from the more major gains of the team.

And of course Jam is right. I am blunt and I prefer to be blatantly clear over tactful. Case in point- SpaceX took issue with me running the corp in a way that focuses on greatness and winning rather than 'just having fun'. My view is that losing isn't fun and most of us enjoy doing well. When he started his own corp and kept bashing me and mine I told him good luck on his "kindergarten corp" where everyone gets an "A" for showing up. I could be gentler but I'm just not and certainly not when somebody's being a clown.

Then we have Freezelove who split just before we got a 7mil com ship online[thanks to Jam]. He never really complained that I'm aware so if he had any complaints about my leadership, it's hard for me to feel like that's on me. After all, I can't help or fix an issue my guys have if they don't tell me.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 01:21:37 AM by JoolzVern » Report to moderator   Logged

offnow.org <-Stop the NSSA's subversion of your security
Prism-Break.org <-Ways to secure your data as much as possible
EFF.org <-Electronic Frontier Foundation
Stopkillerrobots.org <-Stop autonomous drones designed to hunt people
Dadds
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2014, 04:48:23 AM »

Independant Miners Guild:  IMG currently had 4 members. 3 of them are presumed to be active.  Dadd's former number 2  aysle has yet to return. Currently been away from 3500+ hours.  I think it is safe to say he won't be returning.  Membership for IMG seems to not really be growing.  But the members they have now are doing well.  The reason I think they are having problems gaining new members is because their leader Dadds seems to always be war hungry.  The smallest little thing seems to make him want to start a fight with someone. While he has tried to justify his actions, his claims have simply been poor excuses to go to war.  Pretty much everyone in the game who has seen his post know this.  Most players who are new to a game are not going to want to be in a corp lead by someone such as him. Most experienced players already know exactly how he is and likely will avoid joining IMG in the near future.  It also doesn't help that he is at war with 3 corps.  2 being some of the best in the game. His efforts against SSS and TGE have been at most a small annoyance.  The guy I assume is his new number 2 Jake is also slightly annoying but not really a threat.  Jake has been a bit more annoying to ITO then either SSS or TGE.  i assume this is because he prefers to go after the little guys rather then us.  I have heard from other pilots that prior to even being at war with IMG or even currently not at war with IMG have had to deal with Jake trying to attack them.  Now while I have no issue with this, this raises the question on IMG's real stance on Piracy and Terrorism. Their own leader tries to say one thing but then does another.  In the past and even in my last review I withheld saying anything about this.  I tried to cut IMG a little slack and even tried to support Dadds against Raph.  But those days are in the past.  This corp may not be in a slump anymore, but it isn't likely going to go anywhere either.  I would advise all people who are considering joining IMG to join another corp instead.
See, here you go again, bashing my corp on "your opinion" which you couldnt cash in for small change, again.
You choose to question my stance, my organisation, and you say, "oh, dont mean to insult anyone" . Do you understand why you are on ignore, you worthless piece of crap? You probably dont, cause you are below the IQ threshold of 10 to actually understand what you do.
Sayonara, flappy-mouth

Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2014, 04:59:16 AM »

oh, and i have never had anyone quit from my leadership. none of the "top named" corps can boast that. Deal and eat that bit of info and see how it digests in your bigoted frame of view everyone. 

Master Sergeant

Victory is certain.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2014, 06:08:42 AM »

oh, and i have never had anyone quit from my leadership. none of the "top named" corps can boast that. Deal and eat that bit of info and see how it digests in your bigoted frame of view everyone. 

Another obvious lie! bwahahaha
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2014, 09:27:53 AM »

Independant Miners Guild:  IMG currently had 4 members. 3 of them are presumed to be active.  Dadd's former number 2  aysle has yet to return. Currently been away from 3500+ hours.  I think it is safe to say he won't be returning.  Membership for IMG seems to not really be growing.  But the members they have now are doing well.  The reason I think they are having problems gaining new members is because their leader Dadds seems to always be war hungry.  The smallest little thing seems to make him want to start a fight with someone. While he has tried to justify his actions, his claims have simply been poor excuses to go to war.  Pretty much everyone in the game who has seen his post know this.  Most players who are new to a game are not going to want to be in a corp lead by someone such as him. Most experienced players already know exactly how he is and likely will avoid joining IMG in the near future.  It also doesn't help that he is at war with 3 corps.  2 being some of the best in the game. His efforts against SSS and TGE have been at most a small annoyance.  The guy I assume is his new number 2 Jake is also slightly annoying but not really a threat.  Jake has been a bit more annoying to ITO then either SSS or TGE.  i assume this is because he prefers to go after the little guys rather then us.  I have heard from other pilots that prior to even being at war with IMG or even currently not at war with IMG have had to deal with Jake trying to attack them.  Now while I have no issue with this, this raises the question on IMG's real stance on Piracy and Terrorism. Their own leader tries to say one thing but then does another.  In the past and even in my last review I withheld saying anything about this.  I tried to cut IMG a little slack and even tried to support Dadds against Raph.  But those days are in the past.  This corp may not be in a slump anymore, but it isn't likely going to go anywhere either.  I would advise all people who are considering joining IMG to join another corp instead.
See, here you go again, bashing my corp on "your opinion" which you couldnt cash in for small change, again.
You choose to question my stance, my organisation, and you say, "oh, dont mean to insult anyone" . Do you understand why you are on ignore, you worthless piece of crap? You probably dont, cause you are below the IQ threshold of 10 to actually understand what you do.
Sayonara, flappy-mouth

I am speaking only the truth from how it looks from my point of view.  In that earlier review of your corp I actually held back and was being a bit nice. I'm done with that though. If you think I am wrong though please feel free to explain how I am wrong.  As for not having anyone in your corp question your decisions, somehow I doubt that.  Though I think perhaps if they did doubt it they just refrained from speaking up.   I encourage my people to be vocal. If they have a problem with something they need to let me know. I'd rather have people with brains rather then mindless zombies who have trouble thinking for themselves. Considering your people don't seem to be zombies, i get the feeling they are just not speaking up about possible concerns they may have. Though in the case of Jake, I get the feeling he is like you in the regard that he likes war.
sargas
First Sergeant

wandering teacher of the bizarre and unusual

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2014, 12:03:11 PM »

You aren't speaking of me are you?  My leaving PMI had nothing to do with JJL's leadership.  He is a fair but firm leader with excellent diplomatic skills.  Every Major Decision that was made by PMI was made in committee (with the entire corp having a voice).  Why do you think Rafe's "bandit' status took so long for approval?
FreezeLove
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2014, 05:34:07 PM »

@Joolz
When I left ITO I told your my reason for leaving Joolz, I may have left out 1 or 2 very small details but really those didn't matter. (If you really want to know the 2 details pm me, I wont put my dirty laundry out for everyone to see) Its not like I left ITO hanging, between Jam and you I figured ITO wouldn't miss me being a member as im sure you dont still. What happened between you and Space was a personal matter from my view, one day were all cheerful and the next space was kicked.

You can call me what you want, just dont call me late for dinner!
Rostin
Sergeant First Class

Conquer the Stars!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2014, 05:40:51 PM »

Sorry Joolz and Freeze, I didn't mean to dig into any private issues on here...

sargas
First Sergeant

wandering teacher of the bizarre and unusual

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2014, 05:46:25 PM »

Freeze, the EoS is always looking for a few good men(women, aliens, whatever)...

(edit - I'm sorry, Freeze no longer seems to be playing the game, but will still lurk in the message rooms...

His input is therefore invalid...)
« Last Edit: July 07, 2014, 10:46:56 PM by sargas » Report to moderator   Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: