Astro Galaxy - a realistic space exploration game
  March 28, 2024, 09:12:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: *GUN* news report *GUN* news report *GUN*  (Read 12282 times)
sargas
First Sergeant

wandering teacher of the bizarre and unusual

View Profile
« on: July 08, 2014, 04:09:54 AM »

Hello, I am your Galactic United News  reporter Angus McTavish.  This newsroom received this earlier today:

As of 00:01 PDT July 08, 2014 the EoS and SSS have entered into a mutually fulfilling alliance.  No other details are present at this time, but we are waiting for Emperor sargas to speak on the subject.  We will be back when more news of this matter is available...

GUN*GUN*GUN*GUN*GUN*
Report to moderator   Logged
Rostin
Sergeant First Class

Conquer the Stars!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2014, 09:35:51 PM »

cheers

Join the Solar Enterprises corporation today!
Dadds
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2014, 02:50:25 PM »

An ally of SSS will be considered as a protagonist towards IMG. I understood that the empire of sargas [EOS] was of neutral standing. Any alliance will unfortunately make them our enemy of state. IMG wait on this treaty information with interest.

Sergeant First Class

Conquer the Stars!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2014, 04:10:27 PM »

I think you mean *antagonist there. Don't forget the spell checkers ;)

raphael
Master Sergeant

Victory is certain.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2014, 07:52:09 PM »

Hahahah, Dadds is too stupid to distinguish the two. 1
« Last Edit: July 11, 2014, 08:03:59 PM by raphael » Report to moderator   Logged
sargas
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2014, 11:38:04 PM »

calm down, people, he is talking to me.  I do not need, nor do I desire anyone elses input.

Dadds, we may need to speak in trust among the two of us (PM me and we will talk).
Dadds
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2014, 12:43:38 PM »

protagonist
prəˈtag(ə)nɪst/Submit
noun
the leading character or one of the major characters in a play, film, novel, etc.
"the novel's main protagonist is an American intelligence officer"
"in this colonial struggle the main protagonists were Great Britain and France"
synonyms:   chief character, central/principal/main/leading character, chief/central/principal/main/leading participant, principal, hero/heroine, leading man/lady, title role, lead, star, (leading/key) player, (leading) figure, leading light More
antonyms:   minor character
an advocate or champion of a particular cause or idea.
"he's a strenuous protagonist of the new agricultural policy"
synonyms:   supporter, upholder, adherent, backer, proponent, advocate, promoter, champion, exponent, standard-bearer, torch-bearer, prime mover, moving spirit, mainstay, spokesman/spokeswoman/spokesperson

I know what i meant there Rostin. Dont assume you are even a tenth as bright as me. Definitely dont assume you know what i meant. I used the term exactly to its definition as posted above, cretin. Thats the trouble with you lot. You think you are brighter than the rest of the planet, except you dont actually get out of your chair to figure out there are billions of people cleverer than you. The mistake i made was to use the word "towards". It should have read "to" meaning i will see EOS as a supporter of SSS. EOS stance has always been to remain neutral and now they want to be a player in this game. Hense the post. Late night posting and busy fingers is my only defense for not explaining English or correctly defining my thoughts, my only mistake here. Your mistakes are much graver, since you obviously dont know the definitions of protagonist and never bothered to check before flaming my post. dumb, dumb, dumb, and dumber....hard to fathom the depths of that dumbness lol I am just going to call it a bottomless pit of dumbness
As to raphael's posting, i just need to point ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ up there, but multiply your stupidity by a factor of 10, dumba$$ (heck, 0 x 10 is still 0, we need to invent a new form of math to measure a logarithmic scale to measure how stupid raphael actually is compared to the average person) pity you didnt take my advice and change your persona name as i suggested this month. Thankfully i only need one name and am very happy with it.
To Emperor Sargas of [EOS]: As per the original treaty of alliances, the GC: Anyone supporting or allying with a declared outlaw will also be considered the same. As i say, I await the treaty outcome with interest. The GC may be defunct, but its embodiment and ethics is still strong here among one of its Authoring founders.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2014, 01:05:24 PM by Dadds » Report to moderator   Logged

Sergeant First Class

Conquer the Stars!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2014, 12:59:58 PM »

Oh, ok 1 no need to be rude...
I didn't know about the second definition of the word. I was confused as to why you used that word to begin with.

raphael
Master Sergeant

Victory is certain.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2014, 01:05:44 PM »

No use talking to him Rostin, he will always find an excuse. No matter how stupid it sounds or looks. LOL
Rostin
Sergeant First Class

Conquer the Stars!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2014, 01:07:37 PM »

Please don't insult my intelligence when I am not even insulting yours. You know nothing about me as a person, so saying that I am not "even a tenth as bright as [you]"  is totally unnecessary. I pride myself in my performance in academia and consider myself at an above average level of intelligence for someone my age.

I am also sorry for assuming that I knew what you meant. You know what they say about the word "assume"...

Dadds
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2014, 01:13:41 PM »

sorry Rostin, but you did insult my intelligence. You corrected my post saying i had made a mistake protagonist v antagonist. You wish to feel all empowered and laugh at me? In English, i now see "egg on your face"
A proper post would be, "did you mean ANTAGONIST" not "PROTAGONIST" and i would have explained it more politely. I am happy to teach all sorts of lessons. Instead, you chose to laugh at me thinking i stuffed my English up, and Raphael followed you up in typical dumb, blind posting calling me stupid haha.
Tell me something about yourself Raphael. I am guessing English isnt your strong suit. That is OK if it isnt, but dont try to make fun of someone if you dont actually have the strengths to back up your comments.

Sergeant First Class

Conquer the Stars!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2014, 01:25:01 PM »

I thought you had made a simple typo so I was using the chance to insert a (what I thought at the time to be) witty quip in response to your post on another thread recommending  that I be sure to use a spell checker in my hypothetical dissertation. I guess my joke turned itself on me because I was definitely in the wrong on this one. Again, I apologize.
And I wasn't laughing at anything. The only thing in this game that makes me "laugh" is our discussion on fried skunk recipes found on another thread.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2014, 01:28:57 PM by Rostin » Report to moderator   Logged

Dadds
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2014, 02:25:53 PM »

lol. ok Rostin. no problem. pity you are on the wrong side cause i dont actually dislike you. apology accepted and i retract my judgement on your IQ lol. Its easy to get along with me, if you dont chose to go flame against me. If you all want to flame, dont stand too close to the fire lol
Any how, i am going to go make love to my wife. Not sure what you guys all have planned for your evening event lol

First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2014, 06:19:12 PM »

...I know what i meant there Rostin. ...

I also knew what you meant and equated protagonist with advocate (as you intended)

To Emperor Sargas of [EOS]1: As per the original treaty of alliances, the GC: Anyone supporting or allying with a declared outlaw will also be considered the same2. As i say, I await the treaty outcome with interest. The GC may be defunct, but its embodiment and ethics is still strong here among one of its Authoring founders.3

1  Please, my name is sargas (note, no caps) and while I am the leader of the Empire of Sargas, I prefer to be called sargas and not Emperor Sargas.  I am just a citizen in the Empire (no better or worse than the rest of the citizenry).

2  The 'GC' is now a non-viable entity.  You helped nail that coffin shut by not accepting the EoS into the Council.  Then JJL left and it fell to arguing over the Council's validity between IMG  and ITO.  Any pacts, treaties, condemnations, or other matters are now Null & Void.  There is no GC, ergo there are no 'Outlaws" and non-GC members still have the ability to tell you that your clubhouse rules only apply to those of you in the club.

3  I can claim the same status as being one of the 'founding authors' of the charter;  bloody 'ell, I was the charters first signatory.  Do not presume to believe that because we have differing opinions on many things, I don't value what we tried to do in the GC.

and Dadds, the 'Treaty' is still at the negotiating stage.  Would you be interested in an alliance?  
« Last Edit: July 12, 2014, 06:28:42 PM by sargas » Report to moderator   Logged
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2014, 06:28:38 PM »

...I know what i meant there Rostin. ...

I also knew what you meant and equated protagonist with advocate (as you intended)

To Emperor Sargas of [EOS]1: As per the original treaty of alliances, the GC: Anyone supporting or allying with a declared outlaw will also be considered the same2. As i say, I await the treaty outcome with interest. The GC may be defunct, but its embodiment and ethics is still strong here among one of its Authoring founders.3

1  Please, my name is sargas (note, no caps) and while I am the leader of the Empire of Sargas, I prefer to be called sargas and not Emperor Sargas.  I am just a citizen in the Empire (no better or worse than the rest of the citizenry).

2  The 'GC' is now a non-viable entity.  You helped nail that coffin shut by not accepting the EoS into the Council.  Then JJL left and it fell to arguing over the Council's validity between IMG  and ITO.  Any pacts, treaties, condemnations, or other matters are now Null & Void.  There is no GC, ergo there are no 'Outlaws" and non-GC members still have the ability to tell you that your clubhouse rules only apply to those of you in the club.

3  I can claim the same status as being one of the 'founding authors' of the charter;  bloody 'ell, I was the charters first signatory.  Do not presume to believe that because we have differing opinions on many things, I don't value what we tried to do in the GC.

and Dadds, the 'Treaty' is still at the negotiating stage.  Would you be interested in an alliance?  

The GC could have possible survived after TGE left. But the nail got hammered into the coffin when Dadds turned on his allies in ITO just because he didn't like Joolz's opinion.  Joolz didn't even say I was right either in his original post. He said he could see how it might look that way from my point of view. As far as I am considered Dadds struck the final blow to the GC and killed it.  He can pretend to still follow the now defunct charter but the rest of us know he isn't.
Pages: [1] 2
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: