Astro Galaxy - a realistic space exploration game
  April 26, 2024, 01:57:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Poll
Question: Should we make Service Stations (ie. refueling stations) forbidden to attack?
yes (please discuss why) - 6 (75%)
no (please discuss why) - 2 (25%)
Total Voters: 8

Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Should Public Fueling Stations be exempt from WAR?  (Read 8622 times)
sargas
First Sergeant

wandering teacher of the bizarre and unusual

View Profile
« on: August 03, 2014, 05:39:05 PM »

It is for the 'greater good' that they exist...
Report to moderator   Logged
Rostin
Sergeant First Class

Conquer the Stars!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2014, 05:44:48 PM »

The profit margin for selling supplies is so low and unreliable that they are more of a humanitarian and philanthropic investment than an economic venture. So yes. They pose no threat but can help everyone

Join the Solar Enterprises corporation today!
lisunken
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2014, 06:33:03 PM »

yes fueling station should to be exempt from war. look any top corp and captains can buy all the fuel they need. but any new player start try to go out the void. they all need the fuel help.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2014, 07:37:40 PM by lisunken » Report to moderator   Logged
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2014, 07:24:33 PM »

If long as both sides can agree to it, then yes.  I can understand in some situations though why someone might not have wanted to do that. 
sargas
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2014, 02:06:10 AM »

So, JJ, why didn't you vote?
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2014, 03:01:19 AM »

So, JJ, why didn't you vote?

I did vote.
sargas
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2014, 03:06:00 AM »

sorry, I have 3 votes out of 4 respondents.  Someone didn't vote, and I thought it was you because of the timing of your response.

I was wrong, please forgive me.
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2014, 03:07:37 AM »

Your fine. $hit happens.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2014, 11:27:39 PM by JamJulLison » Report to moderator   Logged
sargas
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2014, 03:15:56 AM »

lol
FreezeLove
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2014, 10:38:20 AM »

I would say Yes, however I don't think everyone would agree to it. In short I personally would honor such a pact.

You can call me what you want, just dont call me late for dinner!
JoolzVern
Sergeant

Nobody ever listens to Tim the wizard...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2014, 12:35:22 AM »

Yes if they are open to the public, I suppose they should be exempt but of course there's no way to make that a binding agreement. I mean if you're at war with everybody like Dadds, and you agree to not go attack public fuel stations, and then break that agreement then well nothing changes as you're already at war.

The only reason to not exempt them is if you really want to slow down the progress of other players.

offnow.org <-Stop the NSSA's subversion of your security
Prism-Break.org <-Ways to secure your data as much as possible
EFF.org <-Electronic Frontier Foundation
Stopkillerrobots.org <-Stop autonomous drones designed to hunt people
Dadds
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2014, 02:39:57 PM »

Yes if they are open to the public, I suppose they should be exempt but of course there's no way to make that a binding agreement. I mean if you're at war with everybody like Dadds, and you agree to not go attack public fuel stations, and then break that agreement then well nothing changes as you're already at war.

The only reason to not exempt them is if you really want to slow down the progress of other players.
Unlike all you "mouth breeders" there is something called honor. You probably dont have a grasp on its concept, that is ok. Hopefully you will evolve one day, or grow up and learn its meaning.
I am happy to sign off on an honor based agreement on all public fueling stations however i know for a simple fact it will not be honored toward me. By words and by action my public stations have been attacked and destroyed as well as been betrayed by others out for a minor capital gain.
Thats the difference between me, my corp and the rest of you. The rest of you have no honor.
I have only one honor pact and its with a corp i am at war with, so your argument there Joolz is laughable at best. I honor my agreements and statements.
JamJul is free to set up public fueling stations as i offered, free of IMG harassment. Until you get a public consensus to implement an honor-bound word not to attack each other's public fueling stations, the point is moot. So the answers to the questions, "should public fueling stations be exempt from war?' is yes, but "will public fueling stations be exempt?" is no.
Also, anyone setting up a public fueling station is not doing so to advance themselves. If you do the math, you dont actually make any cash doing so since the fuel prices are set by the game. Shooting one down wont hinder a player's progress at all, just annoy him or her somewhat.

First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2014, 06:04:33 PM »

Unlike all you "mouth breeders" there is something called honor. You probably dont have a grasp on its concept, that is ok. Hopefully you will evolve one day, or grow up and learn its meaning.1
I am happy to sign off on an honor based agreement on all public fueling stations however i know for a simple fact it will not be honored toward me. By words and by action my public stations have been attacked and destroyed as well as been betrayed by others out for a minor capital gain.2
Thats the difference between me, my corp and the rest of you. The rest of you have no honor.
I have only one honor pact and its with a corp i am at war with, so your argument there Joolz is laughable at best. I honor my agreements and statements.
JamJul is free to set up public fueling stations as i offered, free of IMG harassment. Until you get a public consensus to implement an honor-bound word not to attack each other's public fueling stations, the point is moot. So the answers to the questions, "should public fueling stations be exempt from war?' is yes, but "will public fueling stations be exempt?" is no.
Also, anyone setting up a public fueling station is not doing so to advance themselves. If you do the math, you dont actually make any cash doing so since the fuel prices are set by the game. Shooting one down wont hinder a player's progress at all, just annoy him or her somewhat.3

Please define what you believe what honor is and why you have it and nobody else does.

When did these happen, by whom, and where?

Is profit or advancement all that you deem useful?

(edit for spelling)
« Last Edit: August 06, 2014, 06:06:05 PM by sargas » Report to moderator   Logged
raphael
Master Sergeant

Victory is certain.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2014, 11:57:21 AM »

No. War is war. No quarter will be given to the enemies of the Syndicate.  diablo
Matamaure001
Staff Sergeant

An empire builder

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2014, 03:17:19 PM »

I did not answer this question of Sargas because I had a feeling and did not want to share it. Now Ralph you have stolen my words. "War is war", no limitations, any target is a valid target. This is what I think.
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: